High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah I just checked.

Is this cut out there on your machine Ryan?

eha2ugyn.jpg

White Water back box topper...

veryby3u.jpg

...And opacity issues

atyvy4yp.jpg

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
ok guys here ya go, this will have to do for this week

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityHighLODBeta2.apk

following tables have no high lods so they have been flagged to not use the non existing higher lods:
big shot
black knight
fire power
shuttle

bumped the following tables:

Rebuilt with higher lods:
Black hole
Fun house
medieval

Alpha issues resolved:
Monster bash
centaur
circus
creature
terminator 2
twighlight zone
whirlwind
elira party monsters

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
lmao sorry baron something is wrong with BK, I don't have time to fix it but its crashing for some reason. Shouldn't because there are no higher lods for it. Karma for messing with me yesterday when i had 3 hours of sleep under my belt ;)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
lmao sorry baron something is wrong with BK, I don't have time to fix it but its crashing for some reason. Shouldn't because there are no higher lods for it. Karma for messing with me yesterday when i had 3 hours of sleep under my belt ;)

What have I done to deserve this - WHY? - Godammit! (shakes fist at sky - mutters something about things likely done in a past life).
Go home - have a good weekend man!

N

netizen

There is a loop of always having to download a new Rez file for TZ whenever you exit that table. Even closing the app and trying again will not break the loop

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
There is a loop of always having to download a new Rez file for TZ whenever you exit that table. Even closing the app and trying again will not break the loop

Have you tried deleting the table file in table manager?
I had a similar issue with small sized corrupted files downloading couple of months back. Once corrupted they stuck in a constant download loop.
Deleting the file stopped the loop.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I had a similar issue with a past beta. Issues with the CDN most likely. Unlike Baron, I had no indication of temp files present even the issues presented.

It's possible the CDN is still replicating the files to the nodes as well.

Problems disappeared for me about 24 hours after originally seeing the issue.

N

netizen

This is different than those issues. The rez file downloads completely. I can play the table, but when I exit the table back to the table selection carousel I get prompted to re-download the rez file before I can start the table again.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
whatwvers been said simce my last posy you domt dersve that ipad andorid ls3 xvoc, i need to leave this soapbox simple to keep my friend nuzz and. ai.sriver mo agmafra k ill keep you if om worthy

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
whatwvers been said simce my last posy you domt dersve that ipad andorid ls3 xvoc, i need to leave this soapbox simple to keep my friend nuzz and. ai.sriver mo agmafra k ill keep you if om worthy

Sorry mate, you lost me.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

LOL Hairy . Something tells me even you don't understand that post.

Anyway, this is looking great from what I've seen so far. Shame it takes me almost 20 minutes to download a single table, but don't take that as a complaint, if I actually had my own internet connection it wouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

I managed to translate it as....

Whatever's been said since my last post you don't deserve that ipad Android ps3 xbox, I need to leave this soapbox simply to keep my friend Buzz and Naildriver so (agmfra k -?) I'll keep you if I'm worthy.

agmfra k = afraid? Maybe.

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I managed to translate it as....

Whatever's been said since my last post you don't deserve that ipad Android ps3 xbox, I need to leave this soapbox simply to keep my friend Buzz and Naildriver so (agmfra k -???) I'll keep you if I'm worthy.

agmfra k = afraid? Maybe.

my head hurts now...

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
This is different than those issues. The rez file downloads completely. I can play the table, but when I exit the table back to the table selection carousel I get prompted to re-download the rez file before I can start the table again.

Confirmed bug - each time you start TZ, an updated version of the table is available to download.

Also spotted a Backglass error in Monster Bash.
8upuzune.jpg

I'm going to try to go through the set this morning.

Spud

Jul 14, 2013
Could somebody share some differences?
I find it hard to see what has changed.

Is there an on off button?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

No on off button yet but will be in market release.

Look at wireforms, round bumpers etc for diff. Where they had jagged or square edges - they are rounder.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
No on off button yet but will be in market release.

Look at wireforms, round bumpers etc for diff. Where they had jagged or square edges - they are rounder.

Also check for detail like wires from switches, different alpha effects on barrel flashers, screws where they weren't before, ball guides on bride of pinbot's faces and rounded stand up targets, extra plastics on Centaur, ramp level actuators, spinner linkages, ....

That's just what I've observed on the table fly overs...

What I'm trying to convey is that these little touches add to the slight of hand, the underlying magic, that makes digital pinball feel more realistic.

This is why LoD and "more alpha" have been high on my list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.