High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Oh-man! - you fixed the upper left flipper collision issue on ball launch in BK too, and didn't mention it out of modesty. Thankyou Ryan! This is awesome.

I just keep making wishes in these Android threads and they keep coming true. Crosses fingers and mutters under breath "Rom emu'd BK with pro pack".

Hope you're sleeping better.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Still got a transparency issue in FH.

Hilod beta=
y6umeveh.jpg

Should be transparent.

Current Market apk =
une2yze3.jpg

This latest beta didn't require me to download a FH rez file updated file.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
black knight crash fix
tz download loop fix
spider can be seen now in scared stiff.
taxi ramp transparency fix.
monster bash back glass fixed - the lods were not created to support dmd display support.

All above confirmed fixed and working.

Re - FH, if you manually delete the table rez file and re download, the transparency is confirmed fixed.
The app just needs an update to know the new FH file requires download.

Hilodbeta3 (after manual table update) =
yheseram.jpg

Thanks again Ryan.

N

netizen

Notice that the High LOD has an extra layer of plastic over the ramp and on the R where you have circled that isn't on the market release. That is what is lacking the transparency to be equal to the iOS version here

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Notice that the High LOD has an extra layer of plastic over the ramp and on the R where you have circled that isn't on the market release. That is what is lacking the transparency to be equal to the iOS version here

If you manually force the re download of the FH rez file - all is good and the 2 highlighted issues are confirmed fixed and equal to ios standard.
See above post #124

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just double checked - but the MM pan attraction cam (prior to pressing start) is definitely changed in the hi lod beta.

In the market apk, it's at the same height as the other tables, but in the hi lod beta it's too low and close to the floor. Looks different to all other table attract cams.

Also, the upper ramps don't match other hilod tables re quality of curve.
eqyzapuh.jpg

Right hand one being worse than the left.

Last edited:

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Alright... I'm gonna finally be able to test it after work ^^
Is it better to uninstall tpa and install this beta or let it overwrite it?

So far what are the tables you find have gain the most benefit with this?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Alright... I'm gonna finally be able to test it after work ^^
Is it better to uninstall tpa and install this beta or let it overwrite it?

Just overwrite. You'll have a bunch of tables to update.

Circus Voltaire gets my vote for now. Those barrel flashers, and the vibrant Ring and Jackpot inserts make this table almost brand new my eyes.

Medieval Madness is crisp, but there is no alpha on any of the flashers, which really surprised (and disappointed) me.

Most of the Season 1 tables are devoid of alpha effects on the flashers, but are crisp as anything. Hopefully the art dept will be able to spare some cycles on these for iOS and Android. The extra details make the difference big time.

Thanks again Ryan for sticking your neck out and adopting a JFDI attitude to this feature request.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

BK - the issue where you plunge, and hold both upper flippers up, but it hit an invisible stop as it rolled over the upper left flipper pivot has been fixed in betaC. :D

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Just posted the gif below in the Super Patch thread with the hope that Flippy can take another pass on the cutouts on Black Knight since the look of the previous cutouts were closer to how they look on the real table. What do you guys think?

BlackKnightNormal-High_zpsb57357ed.gif

N

netizen

IDK, they had an incandescent appearance before and now have that LED sort of look. I like they way they look now myself, but really to me it's all about the way it performs more than the bling. As Rubik expressed this build of Black Knight is vastly superior to the previous versions.

I am not much of a fan of the og Black Knight but I was able to set a new personal best on it last night with the LOD C build.

I spent some time with AFM and the only thing that jumped out were some inconsistencies with the stroke of luck scoop. Some hard shots directly at it would pass right through, and some balls that roll down from the bumpers will not get caught in the back of the scoop and pop out the front.
I was playing in camera view 3, on a Nexus 10 stock OS, rooted.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
After a quick test, great visual improvement. Small details here and there but the whole make a great difference.
and no slowdown on my note 10.1.

SO?

GOOD!

^^

jayzee359

Aug 12, 2013
So, what exactly has changed on the tables that i should be getting all exited about? I dont notice the tables having higher resoultion. Maybe some more lights are working now? I thought this would make the tables look as sharp as the ipad does but I dont think i am seeing it. Some of the tables didnt even re download like bk2k.I love when improvements are made, just wanted to know.

N

netizen

So, what exactly has changed on the tables that i should be getting all exited about? I dont notice the tables having higher resoultion. Maybe some more lights are working now? I thought this would make the tables look as sharp as the ipad does but I dont think i am seeing it. Some of the tables didnt even re download like bk2k.I love when improvements are made, just wanted to know.

If you didn't get prompted to dl new rez files you may want to delete the ones you have in memory and re-download new ones to see the changes.

Essentially the changes are added alpha planes, extra layers of transparency, added screws and parts that had been trimmed from the Android release previously that will make it relatively even with how the iOS version appears.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
yeah the textures have always been the same between the two (it just depends on your gpu for how nice it looks, try turning of mipmapping for more crisp images). There are two sets of models, ~20k Vertices and ~40k. Ios uses both (stuart would need to chime in to detail which ones) but Android only used the 20. Since the beginning I have made a lot of optimizations that have helped so we decided to turn them on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts