High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
is that a new issue or is that present in the live build too?

Don't know, don't play recently.

Also had a game breaking bug in challenge mode, after rescuing the princess the game would not continue with the next ball, machine calming the ball is in play, tilt won't help, had to force quit.

As I said in the challenge beta thread, rare bugs seems more common in challenge mode for some reason.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I am taking a look at this now, which flasher?

Ryan, when you get a chance, can you please update the BK2K res file to include the new High LOD Skyway ramp flasher and fixed upper playfield lighting bolt cutout. Thanks.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

While you're looking at that issue, are the skyway ramp "toll booth" switch housings on whirlwind completely transparent on the real table? In TPA they are, which I don't think is correct. You can actually see the playfield plastics right through the housings!

EDIT: The housings are transparent, but more smokey IRL.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2765&picno=25884

hu7unasu.jpg

Also, OMG! This table looks fantastic now, I can see why the whole ramp was an alpha pane!

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

The flasher that lights up the Skyway ramp should flash when you shoot the ramp.

EDIT : Also, on Whirlwind...the textures on the top of both cellar scoop signs underneath the red and yellow flashers are missing (they are both black at the moment).

Last edited:
N

netizen

The differences between the iOS and Android versions are pretty subtle now. The metal/chrome texture on top of the cellar scoops, The lifting part of the skyway ramp and pop bumper transparency appear to be the biggest issues.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Are we due build with the next table soon?

The next table will probably get the official release 14th march (one month after bk2000).
And the hilod will probably be in this release as well.
But maybe well get a new beta for the lod before that.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah they had me taking care of some other stuff, let me fix the bk2000 flasher issue then i will post a build, this will have a toggle in the main menu options screen (Detail: high/low). It can't be in the table menu because the option needs to be set before the models are loaded, reloading them is not an option unfortunately.

The next table will probably get the official release 14th march (one month after bk2000).
And the hilod will probably be in this release as well.
But maybe well get a new beta for the lod before that.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ok guys, here is a new build. Delete your old WW. BK2000 was bumped no delete required.

BK2000 - darker textues, lightning bolt, flasher plane.
WW - fixed metal texture and bumper alphas.

Also there is a toggle to switch detail from low to high, defaults to high.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityHighLODBeta4.apk

I won't be able to put any more time into this unfortunately, I have to move on to other things, but hopefully that takes care of all the major issues. Enjoy!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok guys, here is a new build. Delete your old WW. BK2000 was bumped no delete required.

http://androidfiles.pinballarcade.com/beta/AndroidPinballActivityHighLODBeta4.apk

I won't be able to put any more time into this unfortunately, I have to move on to other things, but hopefully that takes care of all the major issues. Enjoy!

Downloading now...Ryan, thanks for all the work you did to bring Android up to iOS High LOD standards.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
My pleasure =) feel free to keep reporting lod issues here and I will try to sneak them in when I can.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
My pleasure =) feel free to keep reporting lod issues here and I will try to sneak them in when I can.

Will this build be released to the public along side the iOS update this Friday?

EDIT : One more thing I'm hoping you can squeeze in is the transparency issue of the blue transparent plastic over the right inlane on White Water which is opaque at the moment (this is a high priority issue)...and a fix for the topper on the White Water backbox if you have time. :)

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

Options menu is crowded now.

ema2yqej.jpg

Could you not implement a sub menu?

You could reorder the menu items and put things like "Credits" and "Our Mission" down the bottom. Also group all graphics settings together.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Could you not implement a sub menu?

You could reorder the menu items and put things like "Credits" and "Our Mission" down the bottom. Also group all graphics settings together.
I know on iOS the menu scrolls. Is there some reason that would not be desirable on Android? (Apologies if this is a silly question, I'm stunningly ignorant of things Android.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.