iOS - Bug iOS Version 1.1.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Camera and missing art fixed in MB, love this table! Thanks for the quick fix FS.

Only tables I haven't bought are BH and RBION because of bugs. Good to know BH is being fixed, but can anyone confirm whether RBION is still buggy? I read it ran much slower than all the other tables on IOS after one of the updates?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Camera and missing art fixed in MB, love this table! Thanks for the quick fix FS.

Only tables I haven't bought are BH and RBION because of bugs. Good to know BH is being fixed, but can anyone confirm whether RBION is still buggy? I read it ran much slower than all the other tables on IOS after one of the updates?

Iron ran slow on my ipad 1 dude but aside from the new pp its full speed on i3

Edit - my poor ipad one minter n farsight are making a yuppie outta me! Jeh im loving it....between jeff n farsight this ****es worth all 3.1......only cuz ....iniit ginge heretic get ussd to it

Redit - only reason i blame minter is he showed me!

Loving this fan base and these devs minterd a rate breed but kinred spirts

Last edited:

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
Bug in Gorgar. This is the full downloaded/paid table running in the free version of the app. Played for the first time, got a high score, game ended and screen went to access Facebook I think, then just dumped to the iPad desktop. I opened up the still running app it it was a black screen, but I could hear the Gorgar heartbeat going on. I had to kill the process

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for fixing the Frankenstein multiball bug so quickly. Awesome!

I hesitate to report this because I honestly am so bad at pinball, but is Monster Bash a bit harder now? Specifically, have the outlanes been opened up and/or have there been physics tweaks?

One other thing I noticed. On the 1.1.3, if I held the left flipper up when the ball was ejected from the Mummy/Dracula/MonsterBass/Madness chute (I don't know my names), the ball would hit the flipper and bounce a little bit but would stay on the flipper. Now the ball bounces out and over to the right flipper.

The table, overall, just feels a little "bouncier"?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Uh oh, I just had the special cam lock up on me in Bride of Pinbot. This was a first and may be just a fluke. Right after the balls were released after the metamorphosis to a human, I lost one of the balls right away. I then shot the remaining one up the shuttle ramp. As the special cam moved up to show her changing back, the ball released and the cam didn't move back until drained. It may have been just the perfect storm in timing for that to happen.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I guess this is a somewhat ongoing thing (as it's not new to 1.1.4) but has anyone noticed that the app seems to use *more* CPU when you've just switched from it than when you're actually playing it? I was listening to some music in a 3rd party app (EQu) after just shooting some balls around tables, and after 30 mins my battery percentage had literally dropped 25%. Phone got warm as hell, too. 4S, BTW.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's definitely not a new thing and on more than one occasion I've woken up to a phone with a flat battery after playing PA the night before (not even as the last app used) but was never able to attribute it to any one app.

It's buggy in that it's still a woeful table ;)

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, the app uses a ton of juice, but it's always been that way. I can't say it uses more than it did before.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012

RBION isn't buggy as much as it's the most CPU intensive of all (prolly due to the different ROM-emulation). I don't see that being fixable on older-gen iPads (mine's a 1).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Yeah, the app uses a ton of juice, but it's always been that way. I can't say it uses more than it did before.
Yeah, I don't think it's a new thing, but it's something I just noticed. Mentioned it in here because it was the latest bug thread (moreso than it actually being new to this version). Understand that it's CPU-intensive in general, but I would've thought that would stop completely once it's in the background (like pretty much every other app).

Just looking now, stopped playing around 10 mins ago on MB. It's dropping at a little less than 1%/minute (actually, it's just *on* 1%/minute. Watching it like a hawk!)

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Was I not paying attention or was the DMD animation missing at the start of Frankie MB before this update? Maybe that was somehow related to the camera issue? That's what is hard about troubleshooting these things. Not everyone knows every nuance of every game so when something is missing it might get missed. Good job FS getting it fixed so quickly. Please try to allocate some resources to addressing the other things on the punch list.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
On FH when the ball enters the lower-right area below the bumpers, the camera twitches as it tries to lock on to the plunger for a second before returning the the "normal" view.

View 3 Locked, Ipad2 5.1.1

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
@DopedToInfinity
I'm gonna take a look at that camera twitch on Funhouse and see if I can get it to happen. Nothing like that should be happening if the Cam is locked

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I experience the same thing using Camra 3, locked. It's been like that ever since the table was released.

Tranceaholic

Jun 22, 2012
Uh oh, I just had the special cam lock up on me in Bride of Pinbot. This was a first and may be just a fluke. Right after the balls were released after the metamorphosis to a human, I lost one of the balls right away. I then shot the remaining one up the shuttle ramp. As the special cam moved up to show her changing back, the ball released and the cam didn't move back until drained. It may have been just the perfect storm in timing for that to happen.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1
Yeah, that started happening to me, too. But it's happening after the first face change, when the Bride gets her voice and the face changes to the one with the eye holes. After the ball is released, the camera doesn't move until the ball drains. There is a way to get around this: switch the camera to locked mode, then switch it back. I would like to see this bug fixed, though. I am playing this on the New iPad, with the default camera view.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have experienced a bug in Monster Bash 1.1.4 that I've mentioned in the other thread here where I've managed to start a new game with the name entry controls still up.

Robbied13

May 31, 2012
MB Frankenstein bug is gone. Great job to the Farsight team. One bug mentioned in another thread (not critical) is the MB leader board displays the Gorgar scores. Thank you and keep up the great work.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
@DopedToInfinity
I'm gonna take a look at that camera twitch on Funhouse and see if I can get it to happen. Nothing like that should be happening if the Cam is locked

Cheers Jake, it's a really minor problem which doesn't bother me too much at all, but this is a bug thread and it is a bug! :D

Turbine

May 19, 2012
Cheers Jake, it's a really minor problem which doesn't bother me too much at all, but this is a bug thread and it is a bug! :D

I tried this on both iPad 2 and iPhone 4 last night and didn't get the problem. I've got the paid version of the app if that makes any difference. Only thing I did notice on FH is that the local scoreboard is in the wrong order. The first place score was 2nd and a lower score was 1st.

Basil Hashem

Jun 22, 2012
Startup Failure

I'm a user of the paid version. I just downloaded the latest update (1.1.4) from the Apple AppStore onto an iPad 3 (New iPad). Ran the app - it started. Launched MB in order to get the fix - it attempted to download the new Monster Bash and it subsequently crashed during the download. Now, I can't even start the app at all! :-( Restarted the iPad just in case and again, the app won't run. Help!

If I uninstall, I assume I'll lose my high scores...is there anything else I can try at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts