iOS - Bug iOS Version 1.1.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chknlil

Jun 25, 2012
All, I discovered today this only happens when I have a network connection. Works fine without.

Legacy iPad running iOS 5.11, latest version of pinball arcade. After playing and completing a single game of the free table of the month (funhouse) and then starting another game of the table the app gets very slow and crashes almost immediately. I am happy to video this activity if it will help document the problem I'm seeing.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Remembered another one - on Medieval Madness (bought), once the ball got caught on the (lowered) castle drawbridge, and just strangely rolled around inside it for about 10 seconds. Eventually it rolled off it and continued normally. Only seen that once though.

It happened again (though this time it only was stuck for ~3 secs), I took a shot:

MM_BallStick.PNG

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Just played a little Ripley (free), found two bugs:

- two balls on the table lags quite noticeably, in a way that none of the other tables do. Still playable, but only just. Physics bug?

- After playing a game (without hitting the free score limit), I immediately started another one. Got the 'welcome back' sample, but the camera stayed in floaty 'showcase the table' attract mode, so I couldn't launch the ball. Had to quit to the menu to get out of it (table went nuts looking for balls).

Jetwash

Jul 15, 2012
Playing Funhouse on iPad , when using locked angle #3 and multiball starts it changes to angle #2 and the only ones available is angle #1 and angle #2.

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
Crap, now I'm getting the "missing camera view and pause button" problem! This is on an ipad2. It came back for a while...not sure what I did. But now it's gone. I've completely quit the app, tried different tables still missing. Even reset my iPad completely.

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
Did some messing around and tried the method in the sticky to save your high scores using iExplorer. Saved off my pba.dat file and deleted the app. (in my case it's the free version). Reinstalled the app and downloaded all my purchased tables. The missing camera button and pause button were back and working fine. Then I copied over my old pba.dat file. The camera and pause buttons disappeared and the camera angles are stuck.

So it seems the pba.dat file gets corrupted somehow. I assume more than the high scores are stored here...like angle information, multi-ball camera and other setup/config stuff. Maybe this is what's causing the buttons to go missing and the camera angles to be limited to only one etc.

I guess I'll have to put up new scores again...I had #1 in Monster Bash, Cirqus and Funhouse too. :(

Last edited:

brendahamLincoln

Jul 17, 2012
I just started getting the "missing pause/camera angle" buttons bug today. :( I was hoping someone would know how to fix it without losing the high score data because I have completely dominated my boyfriend when it comes to pinball. Now all of my bragging rights might have to disappear! I'll hold off on doing the re-install for a few more more days in case a fix comes for this issue, but I'll be gong through serious Monster Bash withdrawals. I was so close to a billion, damn it!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I just started getting the "missing pause/camera angle" buttons bug today. :( I was hoping someone would know how to fix it without losing the high score data because I have completely dominated my boyfriend when it comes to pinball. Now all of my bragging rights might have to disappear! I'll hold off on doing the re-install for a few more more days in case a fix comes for this issue, but I'll be gong through serious Monster Bash withdrawals. I was so close to a billion, damn it!

All I can tell you is what worked for me. Have you tried what I listed above?
While playing TPA hit the lock button (not the start button). Then unlock and it should bring you back to the TPA pause menu. While in this menu change the screen view option. Then when you resume the buttons should be back. This worked for me and I haven't had a problem since. But others have said this only worked temporarily.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Okay, since a number of you are having problems with the buttons disappearing, could you all post the camera settings you're using?

Include the camera angle, whether it's locked or unlocked, the plunger camera setting, whether you have the multiball camera on or off, and whether you're holding it in portrait (up/down), or landscape (sideways). Hopefully the settings can lead to a solution.

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
I tried what you said and it worked briefly. But I went in later and they were gone again and the trick wouldn't work anymore.

Brenda, you can backup your data file with iExplorer and then do the reinstall. You'll lose your scores, but if they fix it, you could always copy the data file back before doing the upgrade/fix.

I wouldn't care so much about this bug but it doesn't seem like the missing buttons are the only problem. At the same time this happened I started to encounter the messed up camera angles where it zooms into one small area of the play field and you're playing blind. That's unplayable and it happened on a couple tables...the worst was during a Monster Mash or Mosh Pit....or whatever its called. It screwed up what was going to be a high score for me.

Fronzdan

Jun 19, 2012
Okay, since a number of you are having problems with the buttons disappearing, could you all post the camera settings you're using?

Include the camera angle, whether it's locked or unlocked, the plunger camera setting, whether you have the multiball camera on or off, and whether you're holding it in portrait (up/down), or landscape (sideways). Hopefully the settings can lead to a solution.

Hmm.. Not sure on all those. I play in potrait always, although the problem was in landscape mode as well. I had it set to scrolling with camera angle on High(2). Not sure what plunger camera setting is. And Im not sure if multiball camera was off or on.

I'll add that it seems this problem coincided with me getting the #1 score in the high score list.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I was playing MM in landscape, camera two, non-scrolling, multi-ball cam off. I can't remember the plunger view.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
On CV I got strike an arc multiball and no other balls launched, when the ball in play drained it left 2 balls stuck in the plunger. I couldn't launch them as both flippers were working and the plunger wouldn't activate.

Ipad2 iOS 5.1.1

karl

May 10, 2012
A small bug in MB. I have collected the special a few times but it do not register as a completed wizard goal. This is not a big deal since I will never be able to complete all the wizard goals in MB anyway, but the fun factor on this table is 10/10. Keep up the good work Farsight

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
What happened to the menu and launch buttons? (bug?)

In the last update (or the one before that) I realized the launch button and the menu button (up in the right corner) had disappeared completely. That must be a bug, right? Anyone else seen this?

In order to restart a game, change options etc I need to click home button, restart the game and then access the menu...

Using iPad 1.0.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There are a number of people complaining about this in another thread (which I'll move your post to). What are all your camera settings that you use for the game?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Gord: I am not sure if that question was directed to my problem. But I have the default camera settings...or everytime I start/restart the game it starts with the default settings.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
A small bug in MB. I have collected the special a few times but it do not register as a completed wizard goal. This is not a big deal since I will never be able to complete all the wizard goals in MB anyway, but the fun factor on this table is 10/10. Keep up the good work Farsight

I get this bug too (iPad2, iOS 5.1), which sucks because I've completed the rest of the goals. The only doubt I have is if the special can also be collected otherwise, then I can't confirm for sure that the outlane special is the problem
Some other minor issues with Monster Bash
- somehow the monster bash/monsters of rock champion scores are not remembered from game to game, the normal highscore function works correct
- the ball can get stuck at the right side of the gate that leads to the bumper area (from the right loop). It does not unstuck via the automatic ball check but can be nudged free
- sometimes the left loop does not register a "hit" when the ball passes to the bumper area (maybe a ROM issue?)

This table is really fun otherwise, no gamebreaking bugs.
Thanks for looking into this!
Slam23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts