iOS - Bug iOS Version 1.1.4 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Lopez

FarSight Employee
Jun 21, 2012
GORD!! Thanks a bunch for that video its perfect and what I needed. Thank You!
@DopedToInfinity- The music issues are constantly being worked on to figure out why its happening randomly on so many tables. So it's definitely something being addressed

@dtown8532- Sound problems on Gorgar are also being looked at

-As far as the Camera angles differing table to table, there usually is a reason for this. Not because we're afraid of you all seeing the detail of the characters or art on the table, usually because either the quickness of the scrolling if the ball drops suddenly; or the amount of actions going on at the time. If there is a lot going on on a table, for instance Ripley's, the player will miss out on a lot if the camera zooms in too close. BH doesn't have much going on so the zoom theoretically would go closer, But BH is a very quick playing table so the zoom could in-turn mess the player up if the ball drops too quickly. I hope that makes sense in a way. I have had issues in the past with a camera being too low or too high as well, but this is most likely the reasoning for the chosen camera angles. Each camera set is done specifically for those tables as well

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
GORD!! Thanks a bunch for that video its perfect and what I needed. Thank You!
@DopedToInfinity- The music issues are constantly being worked on to figure out why its happening randomly on so many tables. So it's definitely something being addressed

@dtown8532- Sound problems on Gorgar are also being looked at

-As far as the Camera angles differing table to table, there usually is a reason for this. Not because we're afraid of you all seeing the detail of the characters or art on the table, usually because either the quickness of the scrolling if the ball drops suddenly; or the amount of actions going on at the time. If there is a lot going on on a table, for instance Ripley's, the player will miss out on a lot if the camera zooms in too close. BH doesn't have much going on so the zoom theoretically would go closer, But BH is a very quick playing table so the zoom could in-turn mess the player up if the ball drops too quickly. I hope that makes sense in a way. I have had issues in the past with a camera being too low or too high as well, but this is most likely the reasoning for the chosen camera angles. Each camera set is done specifically for those tables as well

As far as camera angles go, I would really like to see some consistency in the camera angles. For instance, camera angle 1 on TOTAN (which is my preferred camera angle as it is most natural to me) should be what EVERY other table looks like on camera angle 1. TOM doesn't have this angle and is really disappointing to me that it doesn't since that is my preferred camera angle. The way I see it, no matter what table I play on in real life, the perspective I see the table in is always the same which is why I would like to see some consistency in the camera angles. I hope you can ask Bobby to correct this soon and keep the camera angles consistent in the future. Thanks.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Why can't we have user adjustable angles? Wouldn't that be easy to implement? Jake, if you can make this suggestion since that would make everyone happy. Obviously with a user adjustable angle, you should have zoom disabled or cam lock by default so that wouldn't need to be programmed in.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Why can't we have user adjustable angles? Wouldn't that be easy to implement? Jake, if you can make this suggestion since that would make everyone happy. Obviously with a user adjustable angle, you should have zoom disabled or cam lock by default so that wouldn't need to be programmed in.

I have recommended this as well and would actually prefer this over selectable default camera angles. It would be nice if we could adjust the zoom and angle of each table and save our preferences for each table individually.

chknlil

Jun 25, 2012
I've got the video of funhouse crashing upon the 2nd play of the table. Farsight want to see it?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Definitely post the video to a sharing site and send the URL here so everyone can check it out.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Hi all, new here (and to PA), loving it, bought 3 tables. I own a real Bride of Pinbot, but it's much more fun to play modern tables that I didn't get to see in the flesh back in the day. Unfort. the iPhone screen is really too small to see much (even with Retina) & flipping on a touchscreen isn't great - I don't own a console, so I can't wait for the PC version (hoping for better lighting effects, and ambient light control).

Some bugs on the current version:

- Funhouse (free ad-supported v) often plays two background music tracks. It's like the main track (or maybe the attract track) doesn't switch off, so it will play over eg. multiball and everything else. Not sure what triggers it, it doesn't happen all the time.

- major ball lag when you first launch the app, or switch back to it. Only lasts a few seconds, but I usually end up loosing the 1st ball because of it. After that it's usually fine. Could be down to the OS (memory management/garbage collection etc.) but maybe the app can do something to mitigate/avoid it?

- I also noticed major battery usage when the app is in the background - this really should be fixed, the app should completely go to sleep like other apps.

BTW, I would love to see an editor. The engine is brilliant, the fact that it's multi-platform is even better. Farsight could sell the best user-created tables and take a cut, like Apple do. I'd love to design a table for it.

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Not a biggie :)

I like to play with camera (low 3) which despite its name is the full table view. This camera naming bug has been mentioned & it doesn't bother me, but I have noticed that with the full table view the camera doesn't put the machine in the centre of the screen.

The table is placed to the right of centre, which seems weird for this viewpoint. Surely all views should have the table dead-centre?

Not a big problem, just mentioning it for the record.

If it gets fixed then great! If not I'll live happily knowing I was a nit-picker :)

Edit: After playing again today I realise why!! By putting the table slightly to the right of the screen this ensures the flippers are dead-centre. Now it all makes sense :D

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
I just scored my final standard goal, a Rudy gulp. Instead of swallowing (oops pardon!) the ball stayed on his top lip like a cybernetic hitler moustache!!! :)

Yes, I've seen that happen a few times aswell.

Also agree on the camera naming, should be fixed.

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
Remembered another one - on Medieval Madness (bought), once the ball got caught on the (lowered) castle drawbridge, and just strangely rolled around inside it for about 10 seconds. Eventually it rolled off it and continued normally. Only seen that once though.

Last edited:

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
I wrote this in CV forum as well, sorry for double posting; mod pls just delete anyone of them if needed.

during juggler multiball in CV I got (all) 3 balls stuck in the plunger. using the call attendant only made them jump up and down. nothing to do but quit the game...

(iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1.)

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Remembered another one - on Medieval Madness (bought), once the ball got caught on the (lowered) castle drawbridge, and just strangely rolled around inside it for about 10 seconds. Eventually it rolled off it and continued normally. Only seen that once though.

dunno if it has already been mentioned but something similar happened to me. during multiball I shot a ball into the castle as the gate was closing. sadly I lost the only other ball I had left right after it, so wasn't able to open the gate again. but the ball was rolling around in there - I could see it through the gate, so a graphics bug there as well - so call attendant did nothing. had to quit the game...

(iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1.)

MNarcadeFAN

Jul 6, 2012
when is the coin door on Gorgar going to look real on the plunger screen? It looks like it is partway done

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Playing MM and just as multiball starts the camera switches to plunger view and only the left flipper works. Of course I didn't survive long this way. Happened twice in the same game. Needless to say it wasn't a long game. Is this a known bug? Has anyone else encountered this? I don't recall this happening to me before.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My camera view buttons and pause buttons have disappeared. I'm stuck with the roaming camera view and can't get out of it. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me? Any help getting those two buttons back?

Found an answer on this one. Someone had the same problem on MB and said they rectified the problem by locking the device in the middle of a game. I tried this and when I came back in I was able select a camera again. I then hit resume and the pause and camera buttons magically reappeared. Not sure why this works, but it did.

Last edited:

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
My camera view buttons and pause buttons have disappeared. I'm stuck with the roaming camera view and can't get out of it. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just me? Any help getting those two buttons back?

Found an answer on this one. Someone had the same problem on MB and said they rectified the problem by locking the device in the middle of a game. I tried this and when I came back in I was able select a camera again. I then hit resume and the pause and camera buttons magically reappeared. Not sure why this works, but it did.
This just happened to me today as well. Locking and unlocking the device brings up the pause menu, but the camera and pause buttons have disappeared during gameplay. The HUD is still visible though, and the first time I lock and unlock the camera, it says "Cam Angle:" with no specific angle selected.

EDIT: Locking and unlocking the device, then quitting the current game fixes it temporarily. When I leave The Pinball Arcade and return, the buttons are missing again.
EDIT2: And now they aren't coming back after locking & unlocking the device.

This is on an iPad 2, my iPad 3 seems unaffected. (but I haven't played any games on it recently)

Last edited:

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
- Funhouse (free ad-supported v) often plays two background music tracks. It's like the main track (or maybe the attract track) doesn't switch off, so it will play over eg. multiball and everything else. Not sure what triggers it, it doesn't happen all the time.

Played a few games today & I think it's triggered by the 2-ball multiball (million for Rudy hit).

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
I'm not sure how to check the version I'm running but its the one available to download as of 7/8/12

I'm experiencing this problem: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/1176-Red-square-graphic-issue

1) When buying the "intro pack" I had blank white screens the first time I loaded each table. Hasn't happened since. Low priority bug.
2) I am seeing a red rectangle graphic glitch, sometimes the red is replacing with a blur/afterimage on Gorgar, Monster Bash, and the free "table of the month" Funhouse. No tables in the intro pack show this problem (so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts