iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
No stuttering on ipad2 here. I notice though that if I get a pop up notification from another app, the ball sometimes changes speeds until the notification disappears.

Me too, even on iPad 3. I've turned off all banners on the iPad for that reason. I get all the same notifications on my iPhone anyway.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They do. It's called Airplane Mode. :)

Yes, but that disables the 3G/wifi connection too, which means no leaderboard access. It would be nice if Apple added an option that simply disabled notifications while gaming.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I suspect that the stuttering occurs when communication with the online leaderboards is triggered in-game (updating when you've achieved one of the goals for example) - I've noticed the same thing in my games too occasionally. Maybe if they announced the achievement during the game but saved the actual communication with the online services until after the last ball drained it'd be better. Of course your achievements might then be lost if you quit out before the game ended, but maybe that'd be an acceptable tradeoff if it kept the gameplay smooth?

Kmitchell

Jul 27, 2012
I also had (and still have) this problem. I think it might be because my email was already in the database from the newsletter sign up

I've encountered this problem and have not had any previous account at all (always played as a guest in previous versions)
I receive the "successful" email ,then receive an error when trying to login.

Anyone else?

Jodo

Jul 29, 2012
Hi all,

The issue I have is that all my purchased tables are present and correct with the 'own' stamp on them *apart* from Ripley's and Black Hole, which now ask me to re-buy them when I hit start. Has anyone else been asked to re-buy any of their tables? I know they are very cheap and good value but I would prefer not to have to re-purchase!

Yodzilla

Apr 1, 2012
I'm almost certain the incredible lag and/or slowdown is due to the new Game Center integration. I was playing Black Knight and when I finished the Standard Goals the game starting getting jerky and unresponsive every five seconds or so until I ended the game. Sure enough I went into Game Center and there was an achievement for doing that! I tried again getting other achievements on other tables and seemed to reproduce it regularly.

So...yeah. No idea what is going on there. Runs like garbage.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Interesting. That's probably what happened to me too. But I've never noticed that behavior in any other app that has Game Center support. Maybe that's why it's taken so long for Farsight to implement it.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Another bug that I've experienced on my iPad 2 is that some tables are stuck displaying 0 for the all time scores, and so my total is showing as something like 250, when it's over 400 when I bring up the Game Center leaderboards.

probably, wish they had a simple switch to turn off all notifications...
iOS 6 will be bringing this in a couple of months' time with a new "Do not disturb" option, though it's still in the settings app, rather than having quick access.

The stuttering stops after I turn the Game Center function off.
But then I have no way of comparing scores with other people. I don't have a Facebook account, and have no desire to create a "Pinball Analytics" account. (nor do the people on my Game Center friends list)

Mike

Feb 24, 2012
I've encountered this problem and have not had any previous account at all (always played as a guest in previous versions)
I receive the "successful" email ,then receive an error when trying to login.

Anyone else?

This is exactly what happened to me. Once I rebooted the iPad it worked correctly.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Stuttering I've noticed happens with *all* games on my 4S, not just PA. PA is just more prone to it because it's a game that has constant movement and precise flow. If you fire up any other game that has it, you'll notice that it'll become unresponsive for a split second before the "Welcome" notification comes up. I also notice it in other apps when I'm on the train and there's varying levels of phone reception. There's nothing FS would be able to do about it.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
TPA always had a stutter on my iPod, but never on my iPad, until now. I turn off the Game Center option and all stutter goes away. Smooth gameplay trumps worthless achievements always, so until FS fixes it, Game Center is never going to be turned on again.

BrentMpls

Jul 9, 2012
I bought the two new tables and figured I'd buy the remaining tables I'm missing... And can't. After I confirm to buy it just sits there, no table download. Tried 3 times.

When playing the new creature table and having a great game I was booted during play with a error about cannot connect to your account right no... Great.

Last edited:

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
Looks like there's a new background audio bug with Black Knight: when playing music, the game never ends, it just sits there and will only finish once you stop the background music. (quickest way on an iPad is to swipe four fingers up for the multitasking bar, and then return to the app)

This is in addition to the previous audio bugs:
  1. The game freezes when you try to load tables if background audio is playing.
  2. Background audio is stopped when you return to the The Pinball Arcade from the multitasking bar. When I first started playing TPA, I didn't think it supported background audio at all, because I would always start playback from those controls, and returning to the game would stop the audio, but starting audio with a remote while it's playing works. I'd love it if I could use my good headphones when playing the game though.

It's not that I don't appreciate the game audio, and I always play a few games with it, but when I have the time to be playing TPA, I'd rather be catching up on podcasts, or listening to music.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Creature definitely has a problem with initial inputting. I had thought it might just take a half second to register, but I've since had the left/right buttons become totally unresponsive unless hit repeatedly. The chime still sounds and the button depesses, but the cursor in the display wouldn't move to the next letter untill I tapped it a dozen times.

I've still not experienced slowdown on the tables due to hitting goals. I'm wondering if it could just be isolated network issues? I have BT Infinity with 18Mb download and 3Mb upload, but I shouldn't think there would be a lot of data moving for that, so speed probably isn't the issue.

Last edited:

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
Where are my high scores!!!?? BK and CFTBL do not save my high scores, wizzard goals and camera settings; really annoying! :( (iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1)

Last edited:

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
I suspect that the stuttering occurs when communication with the online leaderboards is triggered in-game (updating when you've achieved one of the goals for example) - I've noticed the same thing in my games too occasionally. Maybe if they announced the achievement during the game but saved the actual communication with the online services until after the last ball drained it'd be better. Of course your achievements might then be lost if you quit out before the game ended, but maybe that'd be an acceptable tradeoff if it kept the gameplay smooth?

I have all the goals and achievements in some tables (except for standard goals) and still I get the stuttering. Everytime I play ripleys it always stutters, but not imediately... I can play for 5 minutes without stuttering but when I get to a second ball, it all goes bad, even if I'm in multiball or not.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am having major issues...all of my table goals have reset and everytime I exit the game they all reset again. So each time I play, it's as though I'm playing the game for the first time. Not to mention all of my high scores are gone. Getting game center achievements will pretty much be impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts