iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is a mess after this update. It gets totally screwed up after locking 2nd ball on highwire. Once that happens, it doesn't adjust view so you can see the plunger when launching a ball, so there's no hope of a skill shot. Also, I can't pinpoint the cause, but once in a while, I see a ball fly out of the right side of the table into the arcade carpeting or whatever the background is outside the table. Then it immediately launches a new ball.

I'm on an iPad 3rd gen. Yes I have rebooted. I have not tried reinstalling because I don't want to lose my scores on all the tables.
Just started a game of CV and it was total madness:
  • Shooting the Acrobat loop caused the BOOM bumper to rise. I had not finished spelling VOLT yet.
  • The Ringmaster is giving me a sneaky lock with nearly every throw of the ball. When this happens, the camera does not go to the plunger view, but tapping the extreme lower-right corner plunges the ball at near full power, allowing continued play.
  • The Ringmaster seems to be taking hits from the Menagerie target on occasion. Have not been able to pin down what determines when this happens or not.
  • Ringmaster Frenzie once gave me 4 balls, even though I did not have another multiball going for it to stack with. Another time, RF acted normally.

Not quite sure what happened, but something has definitely gone horribly wrong at the Cirqus.

William A Skupa III

Jul 31, 2012
iPhone 4s:
Gorgar has single-digit frame rate after 1234 is started.
Unable to enter initials in Creater. Hear chime, but letter selection moving too slow to control.
Game Center awards achievement for Wizard goals if you already achieved it and you play a game.
Bride of Pinbot - camera got stuck on bride's face after a ball drained during metamorphoses.
CV - failed to launch ball off ramp, lauch ramp got flooded with 6 balls.

After reinstall:
Gorgar - worked fine until all standard goals were achieved, then same issue as stated above
Creature - no issues
Bride of Pinbot - no issues
Medieval Madness - awarded all standard goals after getting skill shot, no Game Center Achievement
Monster Bash - Standard goals awarded during play (got the message) but not after completing current game, was able to re-earn all during second game.
Fun House - starting a game right after completing a game causes the camera to be stuck in attract mode.

SoonPoker

Jul 19, 2012
2 new bugs for me yesterday :

- CV : After the jungler multiball, I start the main multiball by shooting the ramp. Multiball's animation is ok, but after that, only one ball instead of 3 ... But I lost this ball instantaneously (very surprised), so I don't know if the multiball's rules were active or not during this "single ball" multiball.
- Creature : During Multiball, one ball controled on the left flip, and keep shooting to the whirlpool with the right flip. One time, while the ball was in the whirlpool and my right flip up in order to control the ball that's coming, the ball has just crossed my flipper right up ! Disappointing ...

Also show some lags on MM multiball, but I don't know if it's due to TPA or another software on my Ipad synchronizing stuff on the web ...

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
on BK last night I got 3.66M but it didn't got saved, e.g. doesn't show up on the FarSight leaderboards. didn't get registered on my high score either... it did give me a higher Hall of Fame score tho... using iPad 2 running iOS 5.1.1.

all the lagging has gone away on my device, both on BK and Gorgar, after I completed the standard goals. when I get a wizard goal it doesn't lag. for your information I did a clean install of the game after the last update.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Just started a game of CV and it was total madness:
  • Shooting the Acrobat loop caused the BOOM bumper to rise. I had not finished spelling VOLT yet.
  • The Ringmaster is giving me a sneaky lock with nearly every throw of the ball. When this happens, the camera does not go to the plunger view, but tapping the extreme lower-right corner plunges the ball at near full power, allowing continued play.

Not quite sure what happened, but something has definitely gone horribly wrong at the Cirqus.

I had both of these happen in a game yesterday. Also had the camera lock on second high wire lock, however turning off multiball camera seems to have addressed both of these issues. UPDATE: turning off the multiball cam hasn't affected this. I suspect that maybe there's some underlying chip emulation tweaks with the introduction of Creature - anyone know if these machines share the same hardware?

I did mail support about my login issues and Farsight said they're working on a fix and should have it out soon. Fingers crossed it will address the Medieval Madness flipper issue and Black Knight stuff as well as Gamecentre integration (not regarding the Black Hole gate issue as a bug, because it's just a different table setting which ups the challenge).

Last edited:

d_a_v_e

Jul 31, 2012
Has anyone noticed that the physics seem to have slightly changed across the board? I mean for every single table. The ball either seems heavier, or there's a difference with the flipper interaction. It's frustrating to have to keep changing how to play these tables every new release!

slippy

Jul 31, 2012
I had really bad lag on my ipad 2 with CFTBL but oddly I had hardly any while playing it on my iphone 4. I also had very slight lag on TOTAN

As I had recently updated the IOS on my iphone I decided to do the same with my ipad and I have zero lag now.

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
Just ran into another CV issue: after having completed all marvels and finished spelling 'cirqus' I had 3 balls stuck at the plunger. They were too heavy for the plunger to launch onto the playing field so the table got stuck in a never ending loop automatically trying to launch them.

And I also agree with d_a_v_e. Physics seem to have changed. I was playing MB and it feels like the angle of the table is now steeper than before.

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have to agree with most regarding Black Knight. It's pretty much unplayable on my ipod touch 4g. I'm having many of the same issues like serious frame rate drops around a million points and the "2" or "3" multiball indicators flashing across the display even after multiball has ended. The worst is losing the third ball and the game still thinking it's in play. "Call attendant" does not work and I have to exit the game along with losing my score. The black knight speech is not always there when it should be. Certain multiball starts come without any speech. One other issue is I've completed all the standard goals (all are checkmarked) and the wizard goals have not unlocked. Like everyone else, looking forward to an update fix soon.

I will make one speculative argument. There's a thread on here where someone had commented to the effect that tables that Farsight had already digitized for the HOF collections would be easier to do again for TPA. I'm afraid I don't believe that. Remakes or not, I think that each recreated table is virtually rebuilt from the ground up with any past experience with it having little to no effect in its authenticity. Black Knight is a perfect example of this. I'm not slighting Farsight. I'm simply saying that's its "new ground" no matter which table their digitizing.

Last edited:

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
Just ran into another CV issue: after having completed all marvels and finished spelling 'cirqus' I had 3 balls stuck at the plunger. They were too heavy for the plunger to launch onto the playing field so the table got stuck in a never ending loop automatically trying to launch them.

And I also agree with d_a_v_e. Physics seem to have changed. I was playing MB and it feels like the angle of the table is now steeper than before.

I had this same plunger issue occur as well. 3 balls and they couldn't be launched out.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I keep getting an error message when I try to access the leader boards. It says something like...

A friends list error has occurred. Login again to correct.

I logged out and back in severely times, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone bumped into this yet?

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I keep getting an error message when I try to access the leader boards. It says something like...

A friends list error has occurred. Login again to correct.

I logged out and back in severely times, but it hasn't helped. Has anyone bumped into this yet?

Yep, as soon as I was able to log-in. I don't bother with it myself and always "play as guest." Gamecentre - flawed as the implementation is - is enough for me.

I finally broke 1 million on Black Knight last night and echo the slowdown bug which ended my game in a second during multiball.

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
Another CV bug: I just ended a session where the cannon ball run fired 75% of the shots straight upwards, through the top of the table, instead of following the curve and spinning the wheel.

ikelleigh

Apr 18, 2012
iPad 2. The whole game crashes more often than it used to. Doesn't "pause" when pressing the sleep button, and more often just crashes out. I think I've completed the standard goals for Creature of the Black Lagoon 4 times now, it doesn't seem to save them between games so when it crashes it wipes out all progress.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hey, I noticed something interesting. After this last update, which does not feature bug fixes nor did any machines require re-downloading, the quickly disappearing instructions on the Funhouse display has been fixed. Wait... how?

Edit: Oh, did it happen after 1.1.4?

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
I've had the ball go through the left flipper a couple of times on Creature and Black Knight. I also had a problem during the multiball in Creature. Two times I've noticed I hit the left ramp when I try to spell out CREATURE the ball will fly off of the table then go right back into the shooter lane and auto-plunge out. I've also had the same problem in Cirqus with Cannon Ball Run when the ball will fly out of the backboard then come back, but it's been better with the recent patches.

SebWi

Jul 30, 2012
Creature: the left ramp has many problems:
- balls are not recognized (unlimited millions as well as on normal mode when you try to stack up the combo).
- balls fly out (was said by Moon Jump; but my problem is another one) to the jet bumpers

Also the ball gets stuck on the left outlane pretty often (even though I like to get the ball back, it's a bug...) :-D

Hopefully they'll send a bugfix and not yet another buggy table...

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've played a couple games of Cirqus Voltaire where the second Highwire lock resulted in a buzzing sound (as expected after the first ball lock the camera stayed fixed) and then no new ball was released for the plunger. Instead a "ball search" routine started and then a warning displayed that the balls were going to be released from the ramp, which they were and the game progressed normally. Since this update I've not been able to execute the full Highwire multiball was a result.

I'm about to fire this off to Pinball Arcade support, but figured I'd put it out there for confirmation from others.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Anytime the app is fully closed, all my scores/goals on CFTBL and BK are reset. Quite annoying.

Jumpman

Aug 4, 2012
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but have been browsing for awhile. I own all of the tables for Pinball Arcade. I recently purchased Gorgar and noticed something odd, so I wanted to run it by you all. I was having a great game (for me) and once I got into the 600,000 territory, the framerate took an incredible hit. I lost 3 balls because of all the framerate issues, since the ball would skip from one place to another. It was maddening! I could've done much better had it not been for this. I haven't seen this happen on any of the other tables. Have you experienced this? Is it a known issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts