iOS Version 1.1.5 Bugs and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I am having trouble purchasing tables in game w/ both my cc and ipad credited money too. Need help. Farsight cannot log into itunes to complete purchase...very frustrating. Been about a day w/ this issue. Already downloaded and reinstalled, and rebooted...ugh

You said you "cannot log into itunes to complete purchase", so are you able to purchase other apps?

_gl

Jul 5, 2012
More Bride bugs:

- the Replay music sounds really garbled - like the CPU is overloaded playing back the sample(s).

- background music continues playing over the eye locks. Doesn't happen on my machine (at least my ROM version). Locks are much more dramatic without.

- the end-of-game music is missing the drum parts - but only if you haven't achieved a high-score (otherwise the drum parts are there).

- sometimes when the ball returns to the plunger, the camera doesn't focus back on it - so you have to launch it blind.

Spring

Aug 5, 2012
Actually no, very strange...so confused.. i'm a windows girl still learning the os of mac... So to reviw: I cannot purchase via in house app additions even in midway arcade as well. Added 15.00 gift card to even see if it was an error with my cc. Very odd. Already contacted farsight to see if they can help as well.

The medieval madness table has no lights on the face. Prior to the update, it had lights and the pop up trolls...

So I guess I have to be patient for Monday.... Lol unless any one here can help. :)

Spring...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I guess this is as good a time to bring this up. Today I redownloaded the app and received some surprises.

Good news first. The flipper gap in MM has been tightened. It plays much better now. The room lighting is also now brighter. It sacrifices the cool green glow on the castle tho', I can deal.

Bad news. All of the table lights no longer work. Kinda hard to get the skill shot and fire lanes to pay off, much less know what ramps and targets need to be hit.

That being said, I still got a decent score in.

Hey look, I'm quoting myself.

So this is what I found today. The above quote is all about the iPad version, but on the iPod... the MM lights work. Along with the fixed gap, there is no lights issue on the iPod. I tried reloading on the iPad again, but still no fix. So for some reason, the same version is working with one iOS device but not the other.

Peculiar, no?

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
In Creature From The Black Lagoon, on instruction screen 10/244, there's a typo. It reads "addtitional" instead of "additional".

(I doubt that this is an iOS specific bug, but that's where I'm seeing it, and that's all that I have to test.)

Gingerzilla

Jun 17, 2012
I'm getting problems with tilting in Funhouse. I find if I panic and tilt with my right hand with at least four fingers it crashes the game. Is anybody getting this?

mesabassman

May 21, 2012
Is there any news of a bug fix update coming soon? Can't play MM with no lights. Not to mention the bugs on other tables listed in this forum.

gjarnling

Jun 12, 2012
Is there any news of a bug fix update coming soon? Can't play MM with no lights. Not to mention the bugs on other tables listed in this forum.

did you guys having problem with the lights update or a fresh install with the latest release? I did a clean install and my lights work, and the flipper gap bug is fixed, on MM that is...

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
did you guys having problem with the lights update or a fresh install with the latest release? I did a clean install and my lights work, and the flipper gap bug is fixed, on MM that is...

Tried a clean install & no luck with the MM lights for me.

Ipad 2 5.1.1

Anni2712

Aug 8, 2012
Uninstalled and reinstalled whole app. No lights on MM (iPad 3). Flippers seems to be better now though.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I had the same no-light problem on my iPhone 4S. Fixed it by copying the old table back via iExplorer.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Great, I registered for this forum to also express my disappointment that MM lost its lights. My favorite table and what caused me to buy TPA and all the DLC to date, too, and it's broken. (Well, not completely broken, but annoying to play blind).

The other question is - how come TPA doesn't announce when a new version of the table is available? I only find out about the MM bug after I uninstalled and reinstalled fresh - if I upgrade, I played with the old table (with its moss-colored castle, the dim lights...). I didn't know there was an update until I started fresh...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm not sure about that update... baffled me too, as normally when there's a new table there's a change in the filename to indicate a new version. In comparing the files I backed up before removing PA to after, I found that the following tables have been updated:

Medieval Madness (obviously)
Bride of Pinbot
Gorgar

I have a very slight hunch that perhaps Gorgar and BoP are now running emulated rather than scripted... BoP runs on the same hardware as Funhouse, so it makes sense that given Funhouse is emulated, BoP is now as well. There was talk that the System 6 and 11 MPUs were very close to being fully emulated (with Taxi being the first "System" game to be released out of the box with emulation) and Gorgar is, surprise, a System 6 :)

I'm not sure exactly what to look out for to verify, but I'm sure it'll be obvious (if not subtle). I don't know whether there's a way to delete the tables without deleting everything (if you have iExplorer, you should be right as you could delete only the ones necessary... but otherwise, no idea) but hopefully it'd be worth the mucking around.

Edit: I'm not sure on emulation, but BoP definitely has one major update... the Pinbot lights are now working!

Mudfinger

Jun 6, 2012
The BLACK HOLE lower playfield fiasco is ,for me the most dissapointing bug issue of the whole lovely game. I mean, 2 updates ago it was all fixed! The lower level gate did what it was supposed to, the upper PF lock was at least shoot-able.The extra ball rules were correct....... It seems when someone at Farsight realised that the instructions didn't match the actual rules of the game, instead of just correcting them. thy just uploaded the old busted version of the table so they WOULD match! That is quite insane! Yes , it was a "quick fix" for them at the time, but seriously, WTF? Jake came on the forum and explained what they had done and said they will fix it on the last update. They did not!
Programmers should be ashamed of kludges like this!

Jay

May 19, 2012
I was just playing Black Knight. On my second ball, I activated 3-ball multiball. I sent two balls back into the ball lock channel. The display lit up as if I had just started 2-ball multiball and then the game ended.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Actually no, very strange...so confused.. i'm a windows girl still learning the os of mac... So to reviw: I cannot purchase via in house app additions even in midway arcade as well. Added 15.00 gift card to even see if it was an error with my cc. Very odd. Already contacted farsight to see if they can help as well.

The medieval madness table has no lights on the face. Prior to the update, it had lights and the pop up trolls...

So I guess I have to be patient for Monday.... Lol unless any one here can help.
smile.png

Spring...

This sounds like a problem a friend had. Basically he had two accounts on his phone, let's call them "Account 1" and "Account 2". His default account was Account 1, but somehow he bought the game using Account 2 (I think it was on his computer). When he went to buy any in-app DLC it was trying to use Account 1, except that Account 1 hadn't bought the game, so he couldn't buy the DLC. I'm almost certain this is the same problem you're experiencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.