Bug iOS Version 1.1.8 Bugs & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
Also with the new update my GC doesn't work!

The TPA still send no hall of fame scores to GC, i stuck on 2395 since two months.:mad:

belhop

Sep 29, 2012
Creature view

I have to second an earlier thread about the number 4 view in landscape mode on creature, it is Wayyyy to close to the board and u can't see. Also joyride on taxi goes under the backboard as others have said. I am using the iPhone 4S ios6

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
Joyride backbox view on Taxi is clearly intentional, it allows you to see which reward you are selecting.

an ox

May 28, 2012
On entering a high score in Taxi, if you select the underscore character (since there is no space character) on the AND, when the score table is printed in the game's UI it prints as a square bracket. I always sign as OX with a space for the third char or an underscore if there's no space, so my hiscores in the UI come out as OX[.

Liking the update so far though. Hallelujah to the gate fix on BH and just the nice way it plays now, on my second go with the updated version I finally popped my million cherry with a good long session downstairs. It's nice to have the bonus multiplier sound properly in Gorgar and I haven't managed to stop his heart or silence him yet.

Good stuff. Looking forward to learning my way round the new tables now. Elvira sure does look prettier than the last time I saw her on the Atari Lynx.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just found a Taxi bug. I locked a ball in the Expresslane hole, and instead of moving to plunger cam and giving me another ball to launch, it just sat there. Call Attendant didn't work of course. So I nudged the table until Tilt, and it just sat there with the big Tilt word on the screen, not going away. I had to quit the game. Oh well.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
I just found a Taxi bug. I locked a ball in the Expresslane hole, and instead of moving to plunger cam and giving me another ball to launch, it just sat there. Call Attendant didn't work of course. So I nudged the table until Tilt, and it just sat there with the big Tilt word on the screen, not going away. I had to quit the game. Oh well.

Happened to me too but in Elvira in the Skull Cave Lock.

robx46

Apr 5, 2012
I apologize if some of this stuff was already mentioned but I don't have time to read all the posts, I posted part of this post earlier on the forums but I see it might not of been in the right section so I'm putting it here.
HD would be a lot better if that ramp wasn't a solid grey. & somebody mentioned above how NGG ramps are a solid blue, but its easier for me to accept that because even IRL its pretty hard to see much through them, but the HD ramp is pretty clear & so this is an eyesore.
NGG has a few other bugs. Some funky things happening with lamp inserts, missing post for the captive ball, very strange multiball bug that totally screws up the game... & I've only played 1 fast game on it! Imagine what I would find if I were a tester. I mentioned in another thread in the general section how ALL tables can be improved with a little flipper friction. A cradled ball in TPA, especially on iOS, when you let go of the flipper that sucker shoots toward the drain as if the tables were on a 15 degree slope! This totally messes with the feel of games & I can't believe nobody else seems to notice.

Taxi has a strange bug above the base of the right flipper, there seems to be an invisible object there keeping the ball from resting where it should be when cradled. Inserts don't look very good on that game either. Plays a little fast & can be too easy. On HD I had a bug on my 1st play where the game simply lost a ball. The game didn't try to find it, the attendant said I was full of **** & to leave him alone, & the game just sat there doing nothing. I had to quit. Again, 1st damn play this happens. Of the 4 new tables, Elvira seems to have gotten the most TLC. Doesn't feel rushed or buggy, but I only played it once or twice.

Lastly there has been a nudge bug that I think started in previous version. I use shake nudge, & when I start up TPA, often times the nudge simply doesn't work. What I need to do to get it working again is set nudge to something else (like swipe), go back to the game, then pause & again & set the setting back to shake, then it works again. PITA.
I'll report back with more bugs, possibly, when I get a chance to get a few plays on each table.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I do like where they put the button on HD.

It's definitely usable — much better than the ones on Black Knight — though I still don't find it ideal. I wish the special buttons were exactly centered on the edges. That way you'd have a visible indication of where the flipper-tap area ends, and the nudge-tap area begins, and you'd be able to reach all three comfortably.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I just got the top score on EATPM but it didn't give me the achievemnt, instead it gave me the achievement for top score on NGG which I haven't made yet!

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, Taxi and Elvira don't have the dot (I think they're old enough to support the dot). All the other tables have the dot.

On Android and Xbox, none of the other tablets have the dot.

(The "dot" is the little dot that appears beside the credits or free play - i.e., it says "Free Play." or "Credits #." which is used by Williams (& Bally) tables to indicate there's a problem. I've only see it on the iOS version of TPA.)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just had a game on my least favourite table Cirqus Voltaire ( due to it being easily the buggiest of all the tables ) and straight away played the backglass cannonball mini game while looking at the playfield. Will this table ever be fixed? Sigh.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is buggy as hell, I just played once and encountered many different bugs (e.g. the highwire-multiball is totally messed up)... the table went from "great" to "frustrating and full of bugs"... what happened?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Cirqus Voltaire is buggy as hell, I just played once and encountered many different bugs (e.g. the highwire-multiball is totally messed up)... the table went from "great" to "frustrating and full of bugs"... what happened?

When I've played it its always been buggy, seriously this table needs to be taken out the back and shot.

multivit

Jul 4, 2012
I encountered a major bug in HD: The table does not always register that all balls have drained (esp. after multiball). Calling the attendant does not help since no ball is stuck. So your only chance to continue playing is to provoka a tilt. Very frustrating if you have a good score going...

maestroreese

Aug 8, 2012
HD: one of my teenage favorites! Thank you. Seems like ball movement is WAY too fast.

CV: major bugs—neon Multi ball camera, ball lock recognition—still not fixed. HELP!

night

May 18, 2012
The ball/camera lag problems are even worse:

Serious lag in ball AND camera movement on the following tables on iPad2 iOS6:

Black Hole
Cirque Voltaire
Creature of the Black Lagoon
Elvira
Harley Davidson
No-Good Golfers
Tales of the Arabian Night
Theatre of Magic