Bug iOS Version 2.8.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 2.8.1 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

inspector42

May 27, 2012
iPad 3, ios 7.0.2

The pop bumper in the attic on Haunted House is a little wonky. Specifically, if you get the ball right up against it on the left side, the pop bumper will start vibrating it in and out almost like a magnet, then after a few ins and outs will spit it down and to the left.

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: I noticed this for games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot did not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue. Even though that's the position I had it before. I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Device/OS: iPad2, iOS 7.0.2

Bug Description: Ball in BlackHole's main field is unreasonably slow.

Steps To Reproduce: Play it.

Additional Comments: iOS7 on iPad2 makes things slower on all tables by somewhat, but BlackHole's main field is exceptionally slow. It is normal on the underneath field. I also checked with iPhone4S with iOS7.0.2 and while it is also slow it's not the magnitude of on iPad2. I suspect there might be something not good in there.

night

May 18, 2012
Device/OS: iPad2, iOS 7.0.2

Bug Description: Ball in BlackHole's main field is unreasonably slow.

Steps To Reproduce: Play it.

Additional Comments: iOS7 on iPad2 makes things slower on all tables by somewhat, but BlackHole's main field is exceptionally slow. It is normal on the underneath field. I also checked with iPhone4S with iOS7.0.2 and while it is also slow it's not the magnitude of on iPad2. I suspect there might be something not good in there.

+1

iPad2, iOS 7.0.2

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Tee'd off: replay extra ball at 80,000,000 is not rewarded
Ios5, ipad2

Wilma Fingerdo

Oct 8, 2013
iPad 4 ios 7.0.2.
Upgraded to version 2.8.1
Multi player still does not work on Tee'd Off. Set up game for 2 players and hit continue...shows only 1 player.

Unable to change camera from "scrolling" to "locked" for player 2 on Haunted house, T2, Whirlwind, White Water, Mars Attacks, Champion Pub and probably others. Hitting "Cam type" button actually changes the camera angle. Try it.

Happens 100% on both issues.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I downloaded the new patch, I go into the pro menu and the operators menu in the game Tee'd Off and I want to get 5 or 10 balls to start the game. It will only let you go left to change balls but not to the right, I like to play games with more balls and learn the game, then play with 3 balls. That's why I buy the Pro Mode every table and it helps a person like me who stinks at pinball, I thought the new patch would fix this but it hasn't. Well thanks for listening.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Unable to change camera from "scrolling" to "locked" for player 2 on Haunted house, T2, Whirlwind, White Water, Mars Attacks, Champion Pub and probably others. Hitting "Cam type" button actually changes the camera angle.

I reported this same (I believe) bug from v2.8.0 that is still present in v2.8.1:

MadScience2006 said:
Device/OS: iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad mini, (iOS 6.1.3 on all) iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.0)

Bug Description: Inability to change camera type between scrolling & fixed (any table) while in ball plunge view

Steps To Reproduce: While on *plunger view* after starting a game, press || (pause), then press the "Cam Type:" button. Instead of cycling between the camera types (Locked and Scrolling), the button cycles the "Cam Angle:" setting instead of the "Cam Type:". *After the ball is plunged*, the button behavior is normal (pressing "Cam Type:" cycles between camera types (Locked and Scrolling)).

Frequency: Always

Additional Comments: Bug is only present only while on plunger view after starting a game. During gameplay (*not* on plunger view), the camera type toggle is normal.

Wilma Fingerdo

Oct 8, 2013
Yep

I reported this same (I believe) bug from v2.8.0 that is still present in v2.8.1:

You are correct! I hadn't noticed that plunging the ball and then hitting pause will allow you to lock the camera. Thanks for that...at least that's one way to work around the bug.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Device/OS: iPod Touch 5th gen iOS 7.0.2

Bug Description: On Tee'd Off, shooting the volcano right after shooting the volcano (without any hitting any targets or allowing enough time to pass) are not detected by the game. It doesn't add to your score or award anything lit at the volcano

Steps To Reproduce: Shoot the volcano over and over again, without hitting ANY targets. After the first shot, nothing will be rewarded until you hit something else or hold the ball for a second before shooting the volcano. This can be seen best in Spell S-K-I-N-S-! Round.

Frequency:100%

Additional Comments: Holding the ball for a second before shooting the volcano works, so it seems like there is a timer that needs shortened or something. This bug is also present on the PC version. Thanks to DeeEff for bringing this to my attention in this thread: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthr...rst-impression

inspector42

May 27, 2012
iPad 3, ios 7.0.2.

Haunted house seems to be getting balls stuck fairly frequently. Three times the ball drained out of cellar and just did not pop back out on the main playfield. Calling attendant returned it to shooter lane without a problem. Another time it went into the drop door and did not come out. Again, call attendant fixed it without a hitch. So four missing balls in about 2 hours of play.

Also, it seems like the ball will often pass through the very tip of the left hand cellar flipper on its way to drain, as opposed to diverting it like I would expect.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Tee'd off. Ios5. Ipad2.

I had the ball stuck in the captive ball. Calling attendant Did work though.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
iPad1, IOS 5.1.1, TPA v2.8.1

Monster Bonus doesn't score sometimes:

Look at the cellar. I drained after hitting one drop target, the 2nd from the left,
and the Monster Bonus still is 000000, so there were no bonus points given for the
drop target.

It is hard to say how often this happens, because in the cellar and in the attic
the ball is so fast that i don't have the time to look at the score, but it also
happens if i shoot the ball to the upkicker hole (from cellar to normal playfield)
while i am playing at the normal playfield, maybe between 10% and 20%.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3, iPad 4 / iOS 6.1.3

Bug Description: Tee'd Off table: Odd scrolling camera (all camera views) position when played in *portrait* mode (landscape is fine). When ball is in play at top-left of the table (immediately after plunge shows it right away), the camera is centered too far towards the middle of the table. The view of the table & targets on the left side are blocked.

Steps To Reproduce: Play Tee'd Off in portrait mode with scrolling camera (all camera views are affected).

Additional Comments: Only affecting iPad. iPhone 5 is fine.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
iPad 3, ios 7.0.2.

I can't connect with Facebook. Error is...

Operation couldn't be completed (com.facebook.sdk error 2.)

Anyone else having trouble? I'm thinking a reinstall might fix, but want to be sure the issue is unique to me before doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts