It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

N

netizen

If you're working of really old components make sure to use flux, some liquid flux will help tremendously in even heating and getting the solder to reflow.

Oh yeah, getting a nice fine tip for soldering makes a world of difference as does having a reliable heating temp gauge. You could get all super tech geek about your soldering tools alone.

I worked as a tech for a company that had the repair contract for Sony Playstation 1+2+PSP's for the Pacific NW and all of western Canada. I got to see some mighty interesting things inside of consoles.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Some pictures of the toys I picked up.
Solder Budy:) iron holder articulating arms and magnifier with LED light.
IMG_4444.jpg

A multi function digital voltmeter.
IMG_4445.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
My next project will be the temporary reflective Mylar mod to the head board and inside cabinet here are some things I got.
reflective mylar film. 24"wide x 12'long. $28
IMG_4447.jpg

its double side reflective and barley see through.

I also got some felt to cut into strips for along the side of the playfield to prevent scratching and double sided tape for holding the film.$10
IMG_4446.jpg

I might staple this on as the staples will be the low points.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You are going nuts on this table! I'm wondering what's gonna happen to a table you have no intention of getting rid of, what kind of permanent mods you'll do. I'm thinking fog machine, laser lights, working toaster, all on a treadmill.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I originally thought removing the playfield and linning the inside of the cabinet would be harder because i have to take the playfield out....but the backboard will require 2 seperate cuts maybe more then adding holes for EVERY light and first initial test dont look diffrent but at an angle definatley see the reflection.
More pictures to come of the whole process, keep in mind I looked and looked on the internet and this has never been tried! Fingers crossed but Im already happy with it even if its 75% of what I hoped.:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
comments please
and this will be removable to return to stock, or I would use better adhesives and methods, basically this is all 4 looks and expirement, but it could result in another adventure of other films,colors and holographic patterns.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
we're just in awe of all the work your putting out for this table , the mylar was a nice touch, sort of like how I put a mirror below my custom PC interior to reflect the interior lighting .

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
my friend just stopped by to trade some lights I traded 2 flex green 555's wich were the wrong ones sent by CoinTaker for 1 blue 555 premium to finish my bagatel colors.
IMG_4450.jpg

Today Im going to remove the playfield for the first time Ijust hope it all works the same when I get it back together:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Ok got the playfield out.
IMG_4451.jpg

going to vacuum it out and wipe it down.

Now this is a lot easier to get at:) More cleaning to do.
IMG_4452.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Someone on the yahoo ukpinball group sent me a few photos of his collector condition Getaway, he has painted the inside of the cabinet below the playfield grey which will make it easier to wipe down and keep clean. Shouldn't take a huge effort so I'm probably going to do that myslef.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Look for DECALS there should be some for getaway and getaway 2 they basically extend the plastics up the wall they look cool. Easier to keep cleen? you have to paint it first Id think it would be easier just to wipe it!:D

Im almost done BEER break!:D
IMG_4453.jpg

There is some deformation as to be expected with a non adheard film but im happy with the results as an expeirement and the price you could do 30 machines for the price of one set of blades so Like I said it was an expierement:D

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Added some FELT strip that I cut to preserve the shiny stuff:)
IMG_4454.jpg

Regular paper staples press down and the felt is the higher point and it works.

Standing over the machine the reflection isnt as noticable as from the sides. So no its not distracting.
IMG_4455.jpg

SIDE VIEW
IMG_4460.jpg

there was visual defformation where the double sided tape adhears the film at the top , then I said I like it and really pressed it in.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I need to fill in the corners I just laid a test piece there and Im SOLD! But that will have to wait till tommorow as it's multiple beer:30!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts