It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Hmm.....from what I remember from college diodes allow the flow of current in one direction only, Zener diodes the same but have a threshold beyond which they allow flow in both directions. ( off to google it :) )

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Hmm.....from what I remember from college diodes allow the flow of current in one direction only, Zener diodes the same but have a threshold beyond which they allow flow in both directions. ( off to google it :) )
There are some nuances you're glossing over, but yes, that's essentially right.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So after diagnosing the problematic diode yesterday I went to a electronic supply warehouse HSC electronics in search of a 1N4004 diode they didnt have any but they had 1N4005's and the guy assured me it would work so I grabbed 20 of them at .18cents a piece wht not. I removed the bad diode heating and pulling one side at a time.
IMG_4436.jpg

put in the ne wdiode and added a bead of solder to each end and fired it up and it WORKS!:)
IMG_4443.jpg

The 6x light blinks when the game is being played but it did this before and has nothing to do with the fix but maybe that diode is about to go good thing i grabbed spares.
Now i just got to figure out why it randomly gives a 2ball multi but I think its a loose leg on a switch internally as the ball loads a cannon it could be jarred, but when 1 ball drains it doesnt kill the flippers so its an actual 2ball multiball only thin is thats when you are suppose to go for the 3rd lock and it cancels that.
I also got a NEW multi functional digital voltmeter $20 and a little solder budy with arms with clips and a magnifying glass with lights and a solder iron holder $15 wich will make soldering 2 wires together easier as I can now hold just the iron and solder.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The diffrence in color is just differnt bulbs under red lenses. In order from 2x-5x then it repeats in reverse order
2xred LED 3x regular incandesent bulb 4x warm white LED 5x yellow LED, but it also looks cool going from yellow to red kinda like its getting hotter:D

N

netizen

Seen this posted again,sure its a little older than i prefer but its so PERFECT just look at it!
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tag/3418312668.html
I played 3 at PIN EXPO and they were nowhere near this good looking.
$650 is more than fair but Id offer $500 because of the travel and haul.

Damn, I wish I lived some where a little south of the middle of no where.

In my neck of the world there's a Black Knight for around 10 G and a Nascar [2005] for around 4G according to the Mr.Pinball classified/Database.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
yes it is a great feeling after fixing a pin especially on a board!:)
neitzen you can always ship them in!

N

netizen

neitzen you can always ship them in!
Considering the amount I pay in shipping for a book from California I can only imagine the cost a pinball table would set me back, lol.

This darn Pinball Arcade, along with yours and Kevlar's threads are creating some thoughts of financial irresponsibility. :eek:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Seen this posted again,sure its a little older than i prefer but its so PERFECT just look at it!
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tag/3418312668.html
I played 3 at PIN EXPO and they were nowhere near this good looking.
$650 is more than fair but Id offer $500 because of the travel and haul.

You sure you saw 3 of THIS model at Expo? This is the home model that doesn't have the spinning disc, zipper flippers, skill-shot, or multi-ball. Kinda key features of the original Fireball.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Makes the STERN home machine look even cheaper! They sold these for $700 when it came out WOW. The fact its a toy that old in near mint is shocking, definitely some collector value but I want the REAL one.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I saw this in a store back in the day. When I saw the playfield, I was thoroughly disgusted and thought they shouldn't be allowed to call it "Fireball". Make up a name, or call it "Fireball Jr." "Fireball Fake" "Fireball Lame version". Just don't call it "Fireball".

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Right now I just have a chisel tipped non adjustable but I might snag a adjustable one with different tips.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts