It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Most of the paint that has chipped off is black, so I may attemt to fix that, but someone put half circle mylar protectors over damaged painted graphics and I'm not going to attemt to lift it.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I finally got everything polished and waxed but before I start to put it all back together ther is still a couple things under the playfield that i need to fix like the 3 drop target bracket is loose and thats going to be a pain to get at because with most things on pinball machines in order to get to 1 thing you must remove 3 things. I found a brocken resistor while i was looking for anything odd also it seem there has been repairs made to this before and very poorley done so Im going to fix that up.
BEFORE.............................................................................................................AFTER
GLSxScleaned_zps40aa628c.jpg

you cant really tell how shiney it is until you get down low.
IMG_4858_zpse9c8603c.jpg

I saved some time polishing by using my FIEN multimaster oscilating tool with variable speed, I had it on the lowest setting to decrease the chance of burning through the mylar or paint.
The more I look at the top of the playfield the more i start to get ideas, after further inspection I noticed someone colord on the graphics with PEN'S then put mylar over it! Im thinking of taking off the mylar half circles with disregard to the paint under it, painting it black then adding some custom graphics......maybe.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Placed my orders for parts. $43
drop target stickers
rubber kit black, well I orderd rubbers to make a kit.
plunger rod sleeve and handle spring, nice shiney chrome.
1 red front mount stationary target, I couldn't find the exact 1 I guess they dont make it anymore so I got the closest thing to it instead of the gottlieb one on it now.
Now to figure out whats wrong with the flippers. I notice there has been work done to them and very poorly. I hope I dont have to redo the whole set.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Wish they were still making tables with that style of artwork. The new Sterns are just so sterile looking in comparison.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Orderd parts today. $43.
rubbers and misc. parts. Now to figure out whats wrong with the flippers.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Parts are in!
Rubbers. I made my own kit from the ones I took off I hope i got all the right ones.
IMG_4894_zpsa40a4634.jpg

plunger sleeve, outside cabinet plunger spring, flipper return spring, 2 operator buttons but i just need 1 but it was in the discount bin, stationary target RED turns out I need an orange, there so close in color now i know mine are ORANGE. I may swap with the very top target.
IMG_4898_zps346288ed.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A couple flyers for pinball shows that were in with the parts.
IMG_4891_zpsd4ceeee6.jpg

IMG_4892_zps686f9768.jpg

I dont live anywhere near them but maybe someone might.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Heres the difference in colors of the stationary target i got and the ones on the table. I think Im just going to pillage the upper right target since its barley visable when all the plastics are on and put that one where it can be seen and put this red one in its place.
IMG_4910_zpse752c8e3.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah another reason to hide it! :) also the plunger spring is really chrome compaired to the one I orderd for BIG GUNS and shorter so Im going to swap those and the plunger spring itself, they are different rates and I think the GL one will be better for BG and vice versa. I pulled the GL playfield out to give the cabinet the mylar treatment :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Not yet I think they said september, I still got mail just not what I was hoping for and monday isnt a holiday but tuesday is :p NEW DLC DAY!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ahhh. See, we didn't get any mail yesterday so I assumed it had already started! And my kid has both Monday and Tuesday off, so that's why I figured Monday was the actual holiday.

Sometimes I'm too lazy to just look these things up!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Progress Report-applied reflective mylar to inside cabinet and top playfield wall, switched out stationary targets and removed all under table lights cleaned lenses, CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! I have a bit OCD, every step adds 2 or 3.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
PICS!
IMG_4919_zps49b81c38.jpg

button cut out, mylar is a *****! 1 manned.
IMG_4921_zpsf9639990.jpg

just a teaser.
LIGHTS OFF!
IMG_4924_zps9b3aa639.jpg

this was also a playfield bulb test. Im missin 3 thats amazing.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
NEW PARTS! Drop target stickers. they seem smaller and less detailed as if they were meant to just go over the original. Notice the detail and text font.
IMG_4932_zpsaaa4d906.jpg

these came in a box...could have been an envelope.

IMG_4933_zpsdff0cab3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts