It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I think if you swap to lithium based batteries they can't leak acid, also do those NiMH batteries that don't drop their charge not work?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Looking very good in there. I would advise anyone who owns a pinball to get the batteries away from the boards. Seen way too many boards damaged by leaking cells.

Your Big Guns is rapidly turning into one of the best restoration/mod projects I've seen in ages. Great to see a relatively old game getting such care and attention.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks guys:) NiMH I have some rechargables I'll try them. Wait till the lights get here:) before and after pics and videos soon.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I like the redkneck that F's them up bad on purpose, funny!:) Kinda a what not to do guide. I'll give it a look, I almost bought a dvd on system 11 restoration but on PINSIDE if it hasnt been asked you might be a redkneck:)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There are many stages of restoration from a simple cleaning and new rubbers to full on cabinet rebuild play field strip replac, but I didn't want to get that deep on my first Pin I wanted minimal wear for minimal cai$H I want to play it without it being decomissioned for months or worse get in over my head and have an expensive heap of parts. Im happy with my entry level and what I don't spend in fixing broken stuff I spend on mods. Maybe if I keep this 1 day I might go FULL RESTO! But its a learning curve and confidence test for sure, if Im not 95% sure I'll hold off Its my toy/baby.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There HEEeere!:) Wow 3 days U.S. mail across country.
so here they All are all 101 of them:)
IMG_4196.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A teaser:)
IMG_4231.jpg

HALF & HALF
IMG_4233.jpg

underneath.. I will expierement with other colors like yellows and oranges, but the RED supers in yhe eyes stay! and the red flashers up top in cebter!

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Maybe if I keep this 1 day I might go FULL RESTO! But its a learning curve and confidence test for sure, if Im not 95% sure I'll hold off Its my toy/baby.

I've only done a close to full restoration once. My BoP had a completely trashed playfield but basically 99% worked. I got hold of a Diamondplate playfield for it with almost no wear but it had been scavenged for parts. All I had to do was strip it of any remaining parts, clean it and then carefully move everything over from the trashed but complete playfield (cleaning everything as I went). Took a few evenings but was surprisingly straightforward and accidentally solved the couple of problems that were remaining with the game.

I think you're absolutely right to do the level of restoration that you're happy with. Your Big Guns is in great condition for a game that age. It really doesn't need anything more thorough. After all, these are games to be played and by definition that means they won't stay in that pristine condition for long. :)

Those LEDs are looking fantastic btw.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It looks a little different IRL in the photos the colors are saturated so less color should bring back some details.
we'll regardless what the manual says I didn't order a KIT I orderd and counted every bulb in what color I wanted and THE BAG the lights are in say 44 but theyre clearly 555's brain farts in the shipping department :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.