It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This look familiar?:)
IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

Incase your wondering how I got the ball to sit there, really strong magnets.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just got off the phone with CoinTaker to sort out the 2 gren flex 555's that were supposed to be 44's. I moved some flashers around, the orange LED flashers in the table art cannons were not premiums so they ghosted when I hit my flippers so i pu those in the headboard cannons and took the red flashers out and put those up top the castle and took the regular bulbs from there and put them in the table art cannons,I also aded a warm white and a yellow to the bagatel in the headboard giving it a little more color but i still need a blue. I think it looks even better now!:) Hers pics.
IMG_4277.jpg

I had just red and green then i thought to pillage the multiplier row for a white and a yellow and replace those with regular bulbs giving a smoother transition in colors there as well.

IMG_4278.jpg

the regular flash bulbs are brighter under these cannon lenses because the way the bulb sits under it the LED orange has 5 lenses one on each side and one on top and it doesnt cast light as well here.

IMG_4280.jpg

red flashers in the top looks sooo good but you really cant make out how RED it is in pictures but they are BRIGHT just imagine a red strobe light theyre that bright!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
A new video! Since I sucked the last game I thought I'd redeem myself:)
notice the faux 2ball multi, it just started to do that:( not like last time where it would spit it out right away this ones random.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I just realized a new scoring element to my game giving it a little more depth, the gaurds can be taken out to increase your bonus theye are lit till hit and once all are cleard the next set of gaurds light with alternating patters....this was missed before just trying to learn angels. the bonus willgo from 50k per hit to 200k if all gaurds are taken out to get to it. I usually focused on the upper playfield multipliers not knowing exactly what I was multiplying, now I do! And this game just got MORE FUN!:)

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
This is a GREAT thread. Just read the entire thing since I've been thinking of doing this for a long time. You did some FANTASTIC work on this machine. I love the new lighting, and can't believe what a difference cleaning the playfield made. Nice esthetic choices on posts n such. I guess the machines we all would want to own are ridiculously expensive, I've never heard of this one but after seeing all of this man I'd love to have this or any pinball machine in my house!

Looks absolutely awesome!

So all in all, how much time would you say you've spent doing this and how much did all of the parts cost? I'm good with electronics but soldering and voltage testing etc scare the bejeezus out of me.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to ckeck out the whole thing:) My first order of parts rubbers, plunger rod, buttons and some bulbs was only about $24 I bought some Novus #2&#3 and some wax about $25 my next order of star posts and post rubbers was just under $20 the LEDs were by far the most expensive and largest order of 101 bulbs most costing $1.59 each the total was around $160 with a discount from entering PINSIDE in the coupon box:) but the LEDs and the star posts were just asthetics and not needed so for about $40 in parts and cleaners I got this table back to LIFE! as far as time I didnt know a damn thing really so I took as much of it as I felt comfortable with, about a week I had this thing down the first tear down because of the extensive cleaning but when it was time to put my LEDs in i tore it all down and put it together in a day:) I was just thinking today how I wouldnt mind an older table to restore something less complicated just to give it an overhaul like I did to this one but that may be a while deppending if i can find a good candidate for the right money.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Wow thats IT?? That's not bad at all! After seeing your vids I'd definitely go with LED's. They seem to make old tables feel newer. Alright, so cost isn't much of an issue, now it's all whether or not I could actually restore or maintain one....

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thats all mine needed and those parts are cheap, if my display was out thats easily $200 or boards aren't cheap. Do your homework, before you decide on a machine make sure there are parts and you can afford 1 1/2 the price of your table. Obviously the newer the tabl the more $ it will cost but that USUALLY translates to less fixes depending on condition and even popularity, there are so many factors its like buying a used car. It would be helpful to you as a buyer to familiarise yourself with a machine to know what to look for and how to look, If you have any questions ASK the pinball community is mostly friendly and willing to help fellow pinheads as long as they can or find help for you :)

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for the advice! It won't be anytime soon, but hopefully one day. I'm really interested a mini virtuapin. Much more realistic in the short run.

Yeah I have noticed that this board seems to be alot more "noob friendly" than any I've ever been on. I actually haven't joined many forums for that very reason. But I guess not alot of kids or teens would be on a board like this since pinball isn't popular with the younger generations.

You guys are alright in my books ;)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Today I am going to the PACIFIC PINBALL MUSEUM in Alameda CA. with the guy I met from Pinside. Its a VIP PARTY for all the volunteers that helped set up the PACIFIC PINBALL EXPO it starts at Noon and goes till 5pm I'll make sure to get lots of pics and maybe some video, depending on how tipsy I get:) but its about 1 1/2 hours away so I should have something up by 9pm latest. HONOR THEM! Thank You to all vetrans who served and those currently in service, You are in my thoughts always and especially today as I play AMERACAN PINBALL MACHINES and DRINK AMERACAN BEER! :)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
So I talked with a guy who had external speakers hooked up to his FIREPOWER at PPE this year while I was at the BBQ VIP party at Pacific Pinball Museum this last sunday and It got me thinking....Uh Oh:)
So today I tore apart a powerd sub that wasnt working and robbed it of the 8"inch sub woofer.
IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4357.jpg

I snipped the wires off the 6"inch woofer right at the terminals stripped them and soderd them to the speaker I was going to install. Since the speaker is bigger it interfears when lifting the table verticle but not if I use the prop bar inside even still I did not secure it down inside the cabinet for easy moving and the weight of it holds it in place, it has beveld frame so the suspension of the speaker doesnt touch the cabinet. I didnt want to cut a larger diameter hole in my cabinet without knowing if it was even going to work, IT DOES! and it sounds GOOD! Deeper BASS and Clearer all around sound. So then i thought hey I have a really nive full range center speaker maybe I can use that instead of the 2 cheap ass speakers by the display. I snipped the wires coming from the speakers that had a connector on it so I could add wire then route it out of the headboard through a vent hole. When i first hooked up the new speaker it sounded like crap and bareley audible so I took it apart and found a capacitor had came loose from a board...Fixed it! put it back together hooked it up and WOW! just like the cheap woofer in the bottom these better speakers sound much better.
I rigged up a way for it to sit ontop the headboard and lean down to project the sound at you, it sounds great and adds some seperation from the woofer in the cabinet giving it a more dynamic sound and feeling when playing. I made it all easy to swap back to stock if I had to but I'll keep it like this till I get bored with it and try something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts