It's Fish Tales!!!!! (and Season 3 discussion)

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I'm wondering how much of a difference the lightning flippers will play in the TPA's FT as compared to other tables- should be interesting. FS has generally done a good job of capturing the feel of different flippers between manufacturers, so I'm assuming that they are porting them in as smaller than standard flippers on other machines.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm wondering how much of a difference the lightning flippers will play in the TPA's FT as compared to other tables- should be interesting. FS has generally done a good job of capturing the feel of different flippers between manufacturers, so I'm assuming that they are porting them in as smaller than standard flippers on other machines.

So far, FarSight definitely recreates the feel and effects of the real world lighting flippers on Fish Tales. All I can say is, prepare for shorter games and to have your butt handed to you. :D

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Cheetahmen 3000

The interwebz says nope:

AVGN+Ghostbusters+_7225f3041eec57c1246bc2d5255d465f.jpg

So far, FarSight definitely recreates the feel and effects of the real world lighting flippers on Fish Tales. All I can say is, prepare for shorter games and to have your butt handed to you. :D

Good, I hope they stick to the brutality of the actual table.
While I maintain that I'm slightly disappointed about single tables, I really do hope it does come with the added benefit of more polish and improvements where they are needed for previous tables.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

I wish they'd lighten up on the tilt a little. Some of these last Gottliebs were brutal. Two to three nudges and TILT.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
As others have said, I´m more than happy with just one great table per month rather than two mediocre ones that I play a couple of times and then never touch again. Good timing with the renewed Williams license!

So "only" having Fish Tales makes me more pumped than a lot of stuff from the recent months. (I try to avoid whining as much as possible, but a couple of table releases lately have been a bit... cowpie.)

Last edited:

Replacement

Oct 27, 2013
I totally agree with mmmagnetic. Anyway has someone any idea about the release date of this table pack? For me is THE table pack, so I definitely can't wait for. Everyday I am looking on Steam hoping that is out! Now my next pinball arcade dream is Addams Family or, at least, Bram Stoker's Dracula. :)

Eegah

May 12, 2013
I totally agree with mmmagnetic. Anyway has someone any idea about the release date of this table pack? For me is THE table pack, so I definitely can't wait for. Everyday I am looking on Steam hoping that is out! Now my next pinball arcade dream is Addams Family or, at least, Bram Stoker's Dracula. :)

Probably December 20, as Apple closes its app store during Christmas Week (no new app updates) and they're still a good chunk of sales.

Replacement

Oct 27, 2013
Probably December 20, as Apple closes its app store during Christmas Week (no new app updates) and they're still a good chunk of sales.
Thanks a lot. OMG, maybe eleven days are too many for me. Impatience grows up over and over. I am obviously just jokin'... or maybe not! :D Anyway, the countdown has started!

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Thanks a lot. OMG, maybe eleven days are too many for me. Impatience grows up over and over. I am obviously just jokin'... or maybe not! :D Anyway, the countdown has started!

Go start a game of CBW. By the 20th you should be just about done.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Sounds about right to me.

Well the tilt bob is an adjustable component on any pinball machine. Why FarSight makes it more sensitive on a table like HH that requires the use of nudging more than, say, T2 which has a far less sensitive tilt, is beyond me. A guess may be that ball times were too long with more leeway. I was just pointing out that I thought some of the last tables have been a little too easy to tilt. This mainly affects the mobile platforms because there's no way to gently nudge the machine like in real life. It's all or nothing.

Relating to the thread topic though, this may not be an issue if it's closer to their last Williams pin, T2.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I suppose it's possible they're going by how sensitive the particular machine they have is. In actual tables I've played, I've noticed that the older ones have tended to let me get away with less nudging.

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Regarding ROM emulation of previously scripted tables, I really want to see Black Hole get emulation, if only for the missing sound effects and speech samples that I've heard on a video of a real one. Gorgar is also a must for me. It isn't quite the same without him bellowing "ME GORGAR!!! BEAT ME!!!" when you get a game over.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Regarding ROM emulation of previously scripted tables, I really want to see Black Hole get emulation, if only for the missing sound effects and speech samples that I've heard on a video of a real one. Gorgar is also a must for me. It isn't quite the same without him bellowing "ME GORGAR!!! BEAT ME!!!" when you get a game over.

+1. Luckily, I believe I heard that they are working on emulating Gorgar. But I really hope they do Black Hole too.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

+1. Luckily, I believe I heard that they are working on emulating Gorgar. But I really hope they do Black Hole too.

(I just emulated Gorgar)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts