It's out! (PC Initial Release Discussion And Feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
It's usually based upon Facebook friends, but the option to sync with Facebook didn't make it into the PC version. Hopefully they'll just add an option for Steam Friends. That would be much better than using Facebook.

Agreed. Having to actually use and/or friend people on facebook to get a friends list in game is really terrible. Steam friends integration shouldn't be a massive job hopefully.

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
I've had a little time to evaluate the graphics now. The game runs great, but seeing the graphics in nice crisp 1920x1080 with high settings shows up how graphically weak some of the art assets are. Unfortunately I have to be critical.

I'm on nVidia 550Ti, post-processing on, anti-aliasing x16 (though I've tinkered with all kinds of combinations).

First problem: Anti-aliasing is disappointing and I'm not sure why. Whilst I can see some improvement between 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x, even 16x AA doesn't achieve as much as I would expect. Post-processing isn't causing a problem with AA, unlike some people's reports. Maybe I'm expecting too much from AA... maybe what's lacking is some other kind of smoothing? I don't know.

The main problem is the low quality of some art assets. Some playfields look pretty awful in regular play, such as Monster Bash, where the lower end of the table looks like a badly-compressed JPG. The score overlay image for Genie looks like a tiny icon blown up. Some of the backglasses look like fairly bad compressed photographs, such as Black Hole. Also, I know it's superficial, but the environment graphics around the tables are distracting because of their PlayStation 2-era quality.

Sorry to be negative.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
The main problem is the low quality of some art assets. Some playfields look pretty awful in regular play, such as Monster Bash, where the lower end of the table looks like a badly-compressed JPG.

Yeah, this has been discussed for awhile in the beta (at least by a few of us). See: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...-Going-On-With-the-Varying-Texture-Resolution. I think I remember hearing they were going to upgrade some textures for the PS4 version, so I'm really hoping that those changes come to the PC version as well along with the DirectX 11 changes.

Cuddlebuddie928

Feb 16, 2013
The game is running great and it's a blast to play. My only complaint is the lower quality textures that others have mentioned. I'm looking forward to the DX11 update, hoping that comes with higher resolution textures.

kristian

Nov 6, 2013
I'm an old school Visual Pinball table creator and I gotta say I was a bit skeptical at first but this seriously exceeded my exceptations. Amazing stuff.

Black Knight is ruined though... it's obviously a scripted version and missing a lot of things from the original. Like the playfield illumination and some ROM sounds.

Other than that... fantastic work.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I'm an old school Visual Pinball table creator and I gotta say I was a bit skeptical at first but this seriously exceeded my exceptations. Amazing stuff.

Black Knight is ruined though... it's obviously a scripted version and missing a lot of things from the original. Like the playfield illumination and some ROM sounds.

Other than that... fantastic work.

ROM emulation is coming for BK and the other scripted tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.