It's out! (PC Initial Release Discussion And Feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
Downloading here in Winnipeg, Canada. Smooth so far.
Nice to see another Canadian.
Anyway, my first thoughts: it's a solid build, i like how it plays. Post processing needs more polish, i recommend to play without it..controls are great, everything looks better than PS3 version. Needs few fixes but it's definitely there for me.

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Man, that was a long download... over 1/2 hour... well, lets see how my crappy PC handles.

edit: not really a TPA rant, but a steam rant... how come every game I install installs the visual c redistributables? I must have every version possible installed after all these years, but it still tries every time I install a new game. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So nice to see a tsunami of love go FarSight's way in the forum! Enjoy everyone.

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
2.7 GB! That's a pretty large download. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly that large. Does this mean the art assets are much higher resolution than tablet versions? It's a lot of gigabytes.

I can only imagine that this download contains every table, rather than just being the core game engine + Arabian Nights. I must be honest and say I hate it when games do that. It's an unnecessary amount to download, and it commits the sin of "Content on disk/pay to unlock it".

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
2.7 GB! That's a pretty large download. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly that large. Does this mean the art assets are much higher resolution than tablet versions? It's a lot of gigabytes.

I can only imagine that this download contains every table, rather than just being the core game engine + Arabian Nights. I must be honest and say I hate it when games do that. It's an unnecessary amount to download, and it commits the sin of "Content on disk/pay to unlock it".

2.7 GB is nothing in today's gaming world. Most flagship titles are 10+ GB these days.

And yes, the graphics are much better than the tablet versions.

N

netizen

And yes, the graphics are much better than the tablet versions.

The overall physics and flipper physics/handling as well.

I have to wonder if this will renew the cry for updates on how older tables play on mobile devices, especially in comparison to newer releases.

The T2 bounce is totally not as noticeable on PC as it is on mobile, nor is the collision mesh as tight on the ramp entries.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
A bit disappointed about the pricing in Euros though. 4,99$ is not 4,99€ :(

Wish it would be the same as in Google -> paying in US$

Valve gave me a suggested conversion chart for pricing. I went by that. The higher priced stuff (season packs) are different pricing in Euros. Lower priced stuff was the same.

IDK how the Steam achievements work as I have never used Steam previous to TPA, but should I be getting achievements when playing tables in Pro Mode?

Achievements are disabled when pro mode is on. This is cause some settings you change can cause the goals not to trigger.

does this support cabinet mode?

Not yet, that is coming later. We'll have more details in the future. It's another week or two till our cabinet gets here.

All of the content is there so that all tables can be demo'd. It also makes it easier for us to patch and put out content.

Could you fix the EUR pricing as well ;-)

I'm reminded of a story of my Grandfather having a yard sale with a tool that had 25 cents on it. And a guy asked if he could do better, so he crossed it off and wrote $1. Be careful what you ask for ;)

I went by the pricing suggested by Valve.

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
Doesn't work on my system :( Keeps on giving memory related assertion failures when I try to start it. This has all been really disappointing. I have lots of games on steam and they all work fine.

INTELi7

May 22, 2013
FarSight!

Thank you so much for making this happen! I've purchased both Season 1 & 2 Pro, and the game runs perfectly!! :)
Love it! And the fact that 3D Vision 2 works really well is simply mindblowing!! You guys deliver,
and are extremely talented!

I'll tweak around with the settings some more and just, well.. Have a blast!! Hopefully you guys will as well! No sleep for me tonight.

;)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Doesn't work on my system :( Keeps on giving memory related assertion failures when I try to start it. This has all been really disappointing. I have lots of games on steam and they all work fine.

How much RAM do you have?

Fresh reboot on your PC might fix the problem. Also close any extra apps running you don't need.

LamerDeluxe

May 8, 2013
How much RAM do you have?

Fresh reboot on your PC might fix the problem. Also close any extra apps running you don't need.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I tried that before, I only have 2GB. Just verified the game data and something seems to be wrong there, I hope that will fix it.

Lasd

Jun 24, 2013
Wohooo, it's here!

Time to show that porting to PC was worth it by buying a season or 2!

...when it finishes downloading that is. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.