It's out! (PC Initial Release Discussion And Feedback)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Can't believe this actually runs and plays ok on our cheapo family laptop, an Acer Aspire E1-571.
It looks like cr@p but plays ok. No framedrop or lag.

Intel core i3-2328M (2.2Ghz, 3mb L3 cache)
Intel HD graphics 3000, 1760mb dynamic video memory.
4gb DDR3 memory.
Win 8.

Didn't expect this to work - but... I think I'll stick with my tablet.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Farsight:

Holy Hell did you suprise me.

I was expecting the same ol TPA that I've known and loved for the past 2 years.
Mostly right.

You've blown my socks off. The tables look amazing.
My Kickstarter reward was there as soon as i logged in to my FS account.
The ball physics are nothing shy of phenominal a complete change from the mobiles.
I constantly feel like I'm fighting for control.

I love it.

Oh yeah and the game plays smooth as silk on my work i7 with integrated graphics....can't wait to run it on my ol trusty laptop at home with, well a lesser cpu but a real gfx card.

Thank you for the hard work you have obviously put into this, thank you for the nit picking beta testers who caught all those little things and seriously, great job...might not see me for a while...all your fault

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The one super bonus is that if this little crappy 'puter does run TPA, my joy will be almost the same as the joy I had this morning after my 89 year old mom called me the second time from the emergency room saying that she did not break any bones when she fell. She also made me happy when mom said that should be okay to go home in a couple of days. If the TPA and my 'puter does not get along, I still have the great joy that my mom is okay.

Well, I hope TPA will run on your PC. I don't know how much power TPA needs, but I have constantly 60 FPS (seems to be a Framelock there) on my 2 years old machine. Ok, it's designed for gaming, but I don't think the game will need that much power.

Good luck for you, and of course all the best for your mom.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
2.7 GB is nothing in today's gaming world. Most flagship titles are 10+ GB these days.

And yes, the graphics are much better than the tablet versions.

Agreed, it doesn't look like everything is made of cheap plastic like on the tablet versions

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I guess it's time to start the download and start walking the road of disappointment of finding that my pretty new, crappy computer does not have the uummph, power, for the pc version of TPA.

At least I am prepared for the disappointment that my computer will not run TPA.

The one super bonus is that if this little crappy 'puter does run TPA, my joy will be almost the same as the joy I had this morning after my 89 year old mom called me the second time from the emergency room saying that she did not break any bones when she fell. She also made me happy when mom said that should be okay to go home in a couple of days. If the TPA and my 'puter does not get along, I still have the great joy that my mom is okay.

I will update you with the outcome or if I need help.........May all of you get the best scores of your life on the pc version of TPA.

Best wishes for your mum Frank

SqueakyG

Apr 20, 2012
The game is running great for me. Really good performance that isn't testing my fairly old hardware at all, and the lighting on the tables looks better than I've ever seen before.

The only criticisms I have are issues the game has always had on other platforms: 1) Score initials must be inputted every damn time, and 2) No sound sliders to adjust volumes.

Rubicant

Dec 21, 2012
I may be a total fool here, but I thought that all table purchases were linked to the farsight account. Say, Twilightzone and ST:TNG for those that backed it. I'm missing those, and I purchased all the tables I own on IOS..does this not carry over to the steam version?

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Developers,

I noticed in the store page is that the game is tagged to have trading cards. Is this going to be a future update (though a silly extra)? If not, I would suggest to remove that as some people may get this game (for the silly cards), and realize this game does not support it (nothing in the Badge section of the Steam Community).

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
I may be a total fool here, but I thought that all table purchases were linked to the farsight account. Say, Twilightzone and ST:TNG for those that backed it. I'm missing those, and I purchased all the tables I own on IOS..does this not carry over to the steam version?

No it does not, the iOS and the PC (along with the different consoles) are separate platforms.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I was able to get it installed but I haven't been able to get it to run yet. Stupid atom pc... It wanted to set my resolution to 768x1366, which turns the screen sideways and gave me a black screen. I tried setting it to 1366x768 and it froze. Tried rebooting, but windows updates kicked in, so I'm gonna have to reboot again before I can test again. When I eventually get around to installing xen on my i5 laptop I can try it on there as well.

Looks like my atom doesn't meet the requirements. :(

Set display mode
Resolution = 640x480
PixelFormat = 22
DepthFormat = 75
StencilBits = 8
Create DX9 Device
Create Device Success
PC_InitShaders FAILED!
Failed!!!

Would be nice if it told me that instead of hanging forever. I guess I'll be back when I get my laptop working.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Is there any option to change the resolution? My screen will not fit the entire playfield unless it's windowed.

Also, I'm looking, but not finding, something to restore control defaults. Tried to move nudge to right stick, but was unable to, and I can't reselect the left stick for left nudge.

Overall, it's good, but the look and gameplay is inferior to the 360.

karl

May 10, 2012
Truly a day of joy. It runs smooth as butter with the highest settings, even with post processing on. I was thinking of waiting a bit before buying everything but could not help it. Bought both pro seasons right away. Big salute to FS and everybody who has waited for what feels like a life time for this to happen.

Now, let's show FS that they can actually make some money out of the PC version and keep it a high priority in the future. PC gaming is far from dead. Wallets of the world, go wild :cool:

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Is there any option to change the resolution? My screen will not fit the entire playfield unless it's windowed.

Also, I'm looking, but not finding, something to restore control defaults. Tried to move nudge to right stick, but was unable to, and I can't reselect the left stick for left nudge.

Overall, it's good, but the look and gameplay is inferior to the 360.

I believe the only way to change resolution is if you select to run the configuration utility when hitting play in Steam. It should definitely not be inferior to the 360 version unless your PC is really bad.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Developers,

I noticed in the store page is that the game is tagged to have trading cards. Is this going to be a future update (though a silly extra)? If not, I would suggest to remove that as some people may get this game (for the silly cards), and realize this game does not support it (nothing in the Badge section of the Steam Community).

It does have trading cards. I don't know much about them and the guy who did them is out of the office. I'm guessing maybe Valve has to "turn them on" or something.

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Of course the day TPA comes out on Steam, Steam won't connect to the internet, are you serious right now??? Anyone ever have this happen??

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
It does have trading cards. I don't know much about them and the guy who did them is out of the office. I'm guessing maybe Valve has to "turn them on" or something.

Ah okay, wonder why they are not showing up in the badge section then. Quite surprising you guys decided to go make them in the first place. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.