I've Had It With Farsight Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

Honestly the entire games bugs, I could condense the important ones in both gameplay and artwork, and it could be a month's work AT WORST. I'm dead serious. It's really not huge issues, it's little stuff that adds up, and especially the art stuff can and should be fixed quite easily.

Please stop with the assertions.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Please stop with the assertions.

Minor art issues, stuff like Scared Stiff's backbox having a key hanging in the texture, stuff like Bride of Pin*Bot and Funhouse Alpha-displays cutting out, that's very minor. This stuff is easy to fix, you're not going to convince me otherwise. It's just a matter of, they don't care.

I'm not talking about some wierd bug that is difficult to trigger. That stuff is hard to fix I understand that.

N

netizen

Minor art issues, stuff like Scared Stiff's backbox having a key hanging in the texture, stuff like Bride of Pin*Bot and Funhouse Alpha-displays cutting out, that's very minor. This stuff is easy to fix, you're not going to convince me otherwise. It's just a matter of, they don't care.

I'm not talking about some wierd bug that is difficult to trigger. That stuff is hard to fix I understand that.

do tell us about your extensive experience in 3D modelling and programming from which you draw your time estimates, otherwise it is all assertions based on your own, what, guesses.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
do tell us about your extensive experience in 3D modelling and programming from which you draw your time estimates, otherwise it is all assertions based on your own, what, guesses.

You scan in a picture of a backglass. You then go into the games source code, and replace the old texture with a new one.

For the alpha numeric displays, you use the console code instead of mobile code, which is what they did and why it's screwed up.

Someone will do this for the PC version in their spare time.

But no no no. Replacing ONE texture is hard as hell! You're right, you got me! It's totally not something that can be done by one guy in his spare time.

Last edited:
N

netizen

It's totally not something that can be done by one guy in his spare time.

And i'm sure he did it in one month, like you estimate, right.

No-one says it can;t be done, but you are ignoring so many issues that have been discussed numerous times that they do not need to be mentioned here as you seem to have all the answers so why don;t you do the work and submit it to FS. Simple, right? You have claimed you know how to do it, so do it.

Let's see your fully animated Scared Stiff backglass. You should have that done in, what, less than a week. Go!

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Bug fixes are an important part of any modern game. Don't wanna fix bugs? Your hardcore customer base will turn on you, and who do you think is the basis for word of mouth, where all the casual players learn from?

The correct thing to do (from a software development life cycle perspective) is to not release a product with major bugs, period. This is the assertion all over the business literature on IT. It is far more expensive to fix a bug once software is released vs. fixing it before it is released.

Reality is, despite having QA testing that is as long or longer than the coding cycle being the proper way to develop, I've encountered few companies that emphasize QA. (The ones that do tend to be heavily regulated industries like military or medical, where bugs are *far* more expensive than a pissed off game player.) Deadline driven development is way more typical. And I'm not in the gaming industry, which, as I said, I've heard is way worse.

While most modern games have their fair share of bugs these days, I do think that Farsight is a little worse than others in this regards. Pinball Arcade has a reputation for being buggier than its competitors from what I see, and IMHO that reputation is not unjustified. You'd think that would cause the beancounters to take some notice and focus a bit more on bug-fixes. But who knows...

wolfson

May 24, 2013
Farsight might have been better off with less platforms.my ps vita I hardly use,mobile ps3 ,ps4 and pc is what I always use.i hardly have any trouble.i can`t talk about other platforms only the ones I have.i must admit I don`t worry about graphics and if something does stuff up, I just start again,that`s the beauty of having these tables, they belong to us and we can play them forever.as for myself I love playing pinball whether it`s Farsight or Zen, and I can`t wait for Pro pinball as I`ve so many nice things written about it. :)

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
This is correct for TZ. But I was referring to lio's issue he mentioned for LCA. This is not a bug there, but just not correct in the settings.

In TZ the event cam sometimes causes problems, but doesn't really serve a purpose for the game and therefore in TZ I would indeed turn it off.
camera settings should be saved for each table.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
No, actually. I didn't. Apologies. Use an emoticon in the future! :p

Yeah. Sarcasm can be difficult to convey over a message board sometimes.

By the way, you forgot to mention updating and optimizing about 50 different tables across all these platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts