Kinect Support for Free to all Arcooda Pinball Arcade Customers

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
We have now finished Kinect support for our Generic standalone customers and customers should have received an email with information on how to update their current software. Please note that there are minimum user requirements (such as Windows 10, Kinect V2 drivers/etc, and XBOX One camera) but once setup you can enjoy 76 tables in 3D game play.

An example of Kinect support is below;

Kinect support is offered for free to all our Arcooda Pinball Arcade customers.

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
Great news I finally got kinect working on my pc this will be awesome. Tip for people having a constantly disconnecting kinect check Windows 10 privacy settings and allow app access to camera and microphone (I always deny this by default,kinect wont play nice if you have this to strict )

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Great news I finally got kinect working on my pc this will be awesome. Tip for people having a constantly disconnecting kinect check Windows 10 privacy settings and allow app access to camera and microphone (I always deny this by default,kinect wont play nice if you have this to strict )

Thanks for providing that tip, Gabura! (I have saved it off for when Arcooda releases Kinect support for the Steam cabinet version of their software, as they mentioned they hope to release by the end of the week. Per Arcooda's post http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/s...ry-Discussions?p=280643&viewfull=1#post280643 . )

Last edited:

nugat

Jan 25, 2017
That's great! I have a Kinect v2 but unfortunately have never been able to get it to work. Windows recognises it, the microphone works but there's no video and it keeps on turning off/on. I will check the Windows 10 privacy settings but I'm fairly sure I have already done this.

I've tried it with four different computers and it does the same thing with every one. If anyone has it working would they mind sharing which USB 3 card, or motherboard chipset they have please?

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
That's great! I have a Kinect v2 but unfortunately have never been able to get it to work. Windows recognises it, the microphone works but there's no video and it keeps on turning off/on. I will check the Windows 10 privacy settings but I'm fairly sure I have already done this.

I've tried it with four different computers and it does the same thing with every one. If anyone has it working would they mind sharing which USB 3 card, or motherboard chipset they have please?

I tried 2 different computers with integrated intel USB3 and tried 2 USB3 cards, 1 supertech and a digitus, none worked. After I had changed the privacy settings integrated and card both worked. Ofcourse you could have an other issue. The only MS supported USB3 chipsets are Intel and Renesas but other might work. People who disabled the xbox audio (xbox kinect NUI) device in Windows also had the reboot problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/kinect-for-windows-v2-known-issues

Last edited:

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks does this mean the update is out also? In addition to the SDK it is also possible to download just a runtime ( which also includes drivers, but maybe not supported ) which you do not need if you install SDK but SDK normally is for developers and a configuration verifier to test the kinect and see if there is a problem. I will test if just the runtime works as soon as the update is out.

For those interested:
Runtime:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44559
Configuration verifier:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkID=513889

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Steam PC version for Pinball Arcade (cabinet unlock key version) is now live for all user - please update your Pinball Arcade to version 1.71.17 to have Kinect support.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Steam PC version for Pinball Arcade (cabinet unlock key version) is now live for all user - please update your Pinball Arcade to version 1.71.17 to have Kinect support.

Awesome! Now I need to buy a Kinect. I assume this is Kinect 2?

Edit: Nevermind....I found the link to your setup document in the tube video. Ordering now.... :)

Last edited:

Gabura

Jul 24, 2018

Great just updated and it works! Nice to see the reflections and look arround the table and shift view a bit, thanks for offering this

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you [MENTION=7221]Arcooda[/MENTION] for including this. The start of Cabinet mode for Steam was a lot bumpier than I hoped with the amount of issues that it had. With the whole Williams/Bally thing I can understand it was
a crazy rush to get things released. In the end, everything came together and the software works well and I actually play TPA now that there is a real Cabinet mode. Adding Kinect support for all purchasers is appreciated. I should have my Kinect USB adapter today and will be checking it out soon!

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012

Thanks A LOT for this wonderful feature and thanks again for release it for free !

I can’t wait to test it ... but My pincab is far away for the time being ... too bad !

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I have to say the Kinect feature in Cabinet mode is impressing me. I have played an hour or two tonight. At first I was like.. This is cool but kind of just a gimmick/novelty. The more I play the more it is really starting to impress me. It just takes a bit to get use to the head tracking but once you do it really brings the table alive. Still not sure if I will leave it on full time but it is definitely worth checking out and I have to thank Arcooda for tossing that in with the license. Well worth the 150.00 now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I have to say the Kinect feature in Cabinet mode is impressing me. I have played an hour or two tonight. At first I was like.. This is cool but kind of just a gimmick/novelty. The more I play the more it is really starting to impress me. It just takes a bit to get use to the head tracking but once you do it really brings the table alive. Still not sure if I will leave it on full time but it is definitely worth checking out and I have to thank Arcooda for tossing that in with the license. Well worth the 150.00 now.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time with it when I saw it up at FarSight, but there are certain tables that really come alive with it. I know for me Whirlwind really was a standout while something like AFM sorta fell into the novelty category. I think certain layouts just benefit more from it than others.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018

Thanks again for your feedback.

We actually had a lot more development behind the scenes and wanted to stage the releases - some has been finished, some abandoned due to the license loss, and others we will transfer to our other projects. We will stay in touch with new developments.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.