Lack of Addams Family info/news!!!???

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Excellent to hear

On the issue is Tables are getting harder and outlanes are a *****, well thats how real pinball is! Not a complaint against the member who said this but this goes to prove just how difficult a balance its is for farsight or any creator of a virtual pin to please everybody. If I can offer advice to those who find a table too hard, remember two of the most important rules: keep the ball away from the slings and you can't drain the ball if it's in the upper area of the table.

On the "other" subject, I don't believe anyone had asked for posts to me moderated so not sure why so many messages are indicating this? Personally I favor discussion that leads towards self-moderation. There is a big difference between that and deleting or editing posts.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
On the issue is Tables are getting harder and outlanes are a *****, well thats how real pinball is! Not a complaint against the member who said this but this goes to prove just how difficult a balance its is for farsight or any creator of a virtual pin to please everybody. If I can offer advice to those who find a table too hard, remember two of the most important rules: keep the ball away from the slings and you can't drain the ball if it's in the upper area of the table.
If you go back and dig through the early years of this forum (2012), you'll see a lot of threads complaining about how the Season 1 tables were (and still are) too easy. FarSight started adjusting the difficulty upward around the middle of Season 2, and it became really apparent in Season 3.

So we basically got what we wanted. (Although most of us who were advocating for increased difficulty wanted it to be optional, so that people who liked the easier games could continue to enjoy them.)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Video of TAF looks good.I looked at Uncle Fester.Wonder what modifications they did.
Anyways not long now.
Thanks Wild One

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Your welcome pm1109:cool:
I'am soooooo excited to play TAF but until then it's back to drooling over the video.

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
I'm a bit disapoint they didn't use this table to showcase dx11 beauty on pc. This will be the pinnacle of TPA!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey you are a camera operator! That was my ideal job throughout childhood until I was 16 and suddenly I got into programming at home which made me go down the IT route instead. I have often regretted that change. I used to make films with a Super 8 Cine camera.

Anyway give me your job, your camera, and get out of the studio... Your camera work is sh*te! :)

Hehe, I've only just recently been trying my hand at operating. I'm mainly a 2nd Assistant Camera person. I did operate as the sole camera on a movie called Looking for Lions which is about the illegal organ donor trade. It had its premier this past October in San Antonio, so hopefully it'll get picked up for distribution.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I looked at Uncle Fester.Wonder what modifications they did.

They replaced Lloyd with George Foreman. See the boxer's nose?

fester.jpg

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
It's been a long time, but the left light on the chair should be a normal yellow color right? It looks a little green in that video.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hehe, I've only just recently been trying my hand at operating. I'm mainly a 2nd Assistant Camera person. I did operate as the sole camera on a movie called Looking for Lions which is about the illegal organ donor trade. It had its premier this past October in San Antonio, so hopefully it'll get picked up for distribution.

I just checked out the trailer - looks good, will keep an eye out for it. I can't watch a film to this day without looking at the camera work, and I confess it looks pretty good in that film so I take back what I said (reluctantly ;)). Seriously that is a dream job. Good luck with the film.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The table is then tweaked in the development environment so the ball can move around like the original before going through rigorous test both with Farsight Studio’s in house pinball experts as well as a bank of pro players who ensure the finished table offers the same pitfalls and opportunities for top end pinball techniques as the original."

Yeah right! :)

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Well, let's keep in mind that one main purpose of the forum is to provide feedback, and yes even criticism. I'm pretty sure Farsight's skin is thick enough by this time to handle it.

If you think this forum is bad, go check out some of the major video game forums on the web. I think you'll quickly change your opinion. This is one of the tamest forums I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.

I think it's a over-generalization to say the overall attitude of the forum is bad, and that it's mostly complaints and demands. Sure there is some of that, but it's not all that. Also, there wouldn't be so many demands and complaints if Farsight did a better job of delivering on features and such that they dangled in front of us years ago, so we can't really blame anyone for getting restless when it comes to certain things we've been waiting on for quite awhile. If we never made our complaints known, then Farsight would see those things as even less of a priority.

Anyway, my advice is to stop dwelling on negative posts and look at the positive things like the Table of the Week club, Podcasts, Off Topic section, etc. If the complaint and demanding threads bother you so much, then there's always the option to simply not click on those threads :)

THIS is why I am thankful for you being a Moderator.

There's no need for any spring cleaning or anything of the like. This is a forum, ya know, the place to discuss things. I see no problem with people venting. The funny thing is that, right after the complaints, we got a ton of updates via video. So, with that being said, I think the complaining worked just fine. :p

Members online

Members online