Lack of Addams Family info/news!!!???

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
They replaced Lloyd with George Foreman. See the boxer's nose?

fester.jpg

I still think this is a shame, as it's probably the most recognisable piece of art on the playfield. But not Farsight's fault. I was expected something slightly less different, but I suppose FS want to cover their backs from potential lawsuits.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I still think this is a shame, as it's probably the most recognisable piece of art on the playfield. But not Farsight's fault. I was expected something slightly less different, but I suppose FS want to cover their backs from potential lawsuits.

I agree.I thought the changes would be far less recognisable.Still rather have this than nothing.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

It's not as bad as you might think when you're actually playing the table since you're not constantly staring at a side-by-side comparison the entire time. Trust me, it's really not that noticeable.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
It's not as bad as you might think when you're actually playing the table since you're not constantly staring at a side-by-side comparison the entire time. Trust me, it's really not that noticeable.

Again, I expected worst, it certainly looks barely noticeable to me.

I guess it could be worse, they could've kept it nearly the same, gotten sued, and then nobody gets the game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Yeah, it's definitely a minor thing. It's just a shame that after all those years of effort there's one thing they had to change.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it in the first place.

Most people playing it won't even realize what was needed to be done and will carry on happily.

KS backers, and forum members in particular, are going to have a distorted view of things because we have all this knowledge of the behind-the-scenes goings on.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am all for authenticity - but if it a choice between getting a pin into TPA and NEVER getting that pin into to TPA - I would be absolutely ok with some altering to the artwork like they just did. When TPA first said they were having issues with the Raul Julia estate using his likeness on the back glass I wanted to.suggest just covering up his face with a black dot (not like we see the back glass much anyway. Really glad the Raul Julia estate worked something out (even though it forced a kickstarter...) - Raul can be recognized, remembered,and honored for his work for years/generations to come.

Mr. Lloyds of the world - we care about pinball first, themes second. Definitely not the other way around.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Raul Julia was more than the backglass likeness; his voice work is also all over the table. Replacing that might also have been possible but would have robbed TAF of much more of its appeal.

I remember reading that part of the estate issue was that Julia wasn't particularly proud of his Addams performances and wanted that downplayed to be remembered and known more for his theater work. Can't find a cite, though. In fact most of the google results for Raul Julia Estate point right back to this here forum.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Raul Julia was more than the backglass likeness; his voice work is also all over the table. Replacing that might also have been possible but would have robbed TAF of much more of its appeal.

I remember reading that part of the estate issue was that Julia wasn't particularly proud of his Addams performances and wanted that downplayed to be remembered and known more for his theater work. Can't find a cite, though. In fact most of the google results for Raul Julia Estate point right back to this here forum.

He did also play M. Bison in the "Street Fighter" movie.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Disclaimer: of course I'm all for changing a bit of the artwork rather than not getting the table at all. I was just lamenting over what could have been...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014

We'll there certainly isn't any pinball machines honoring his theater work.
Even with the dialog I would be ok with doing a voice over with another voice talent. Yes I want the absolute most accurate simulation - but as long as the table plays accurately and is true to its pinball self - I don't mind a little bit of fudging on the theme.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
That saddens me to hear that, since I think his portrayal of Gomez is one of his crowning achievments

Agreed. I also thought he was great as M. Bison. He was a very underrated actor.

One of my favorite Julia films is Presumed Innocent, with Harrison Ford.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
"the table is then tweaked in the development environment so the ball can move around like the original before going through rigorous test both with farsight studio’s in house pinball experts as well as a bank of pro players who ensure the finished table offers the same pitfalls and opportunities for top end pinball techniques as the original."

yeah right! :)

lol

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
"The table is then tweaked in the development environment so the ball can move around like the original before going through rigorous test both with Farsight Studio’s in house pinball experts as well as a bank of pro players who ensure the finished table offers the same pitfalls and opportunities for top end pinball techniques as the original."

Yeah right! :)
Bank of "Pro Players" = Community Beta Testers.

/me updates LinkedIn with my updated Job Title.

Members online

Members online