Lack of Addams Family info/news!!!???

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
From Facebook:

A few weeks, eh? You mean like the few months we've been waiting for the last 3 tables?

I have no idea how Andrew has a job? The past 2 seasons have been terrible for PS3/Vita users. It just continues to get worse and worse.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
A few weeks, eh? You mean like the few months we've been waiting for the last 3 tables?

I have no idea how Andrew has a job? The past 2 seasons have been terrible for PS3/Vita users. It just continues to get worse and worse.
Consoles will always be a secondary market for TBA. Always has been. I expect a two month wait for any console release, minimum. Also, console releases of tables tend to come in bunches (further proof of the secondary status).

If your expectations are any higher than you are setting yourself up for frustration IMO.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
All are submitted around the same time, I believe. Consoles take longer for certification or whatever, apparently.

This isn't new.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Consoles will always be a secondary market for TBA. Always has been. I expect a two month wait for any console release, minimum. Also, console releases of tables tend to come in bunches (further proof of the secondary status).

If your expectations are any higher than you are setting yourself up for frustration IMO.

All are submitted around the same time, I believe. Consoles take longer for certification or whatever, apparently.

This isn't new.

Yes, I'm fully aware.

My point is that it's always been a frustrating process, and many have agreed that each game should be released for all platforms and devices on the same day. If you do that, you cut down on the frustration and complaints by about 90%. For now, we have many fans not getting their game for months and months, while everyone else gets theirs, OR, you have people not getting them at all. On top of that, it's created a Console Vs Mobile device group war that's luckily died down, but is still pretty vocal.

It's never made any sense, whatsoever, to release the games on different days, weeks, and even months, and I'm pretty sure they've lost a lot of customers because of this. (And that's excluding the endless ongoing bugs for previous games that have yet to be fixed)

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
On their FB page, FarSight is showing video of TAF (looks too good to be the PC version), and they've said there will be a live stream on Thursday the 19th.

PiNWiZ has said there will be a surprise for console owners next month. Whether or not TAF is part of this surprise , however, is speculative at this point.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
On their FB page, FarSight is showing video of TAF (looks too good to be the PC version), and they've said there will be a live stream on Thursday the 19th.

PiNWiZ has said there will be a surprise for console owners next month. Whether or not TAF is part of this surprise , however, is speculative at this point.

The plan is to have The Party Zone, Earthshaker, Starship Troopers, and The Addams Family released for PS3/Vita users in March.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Sooner than that... ;)

40557631.jpg

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Yes, I'm fully aware.

My point is that it's always been a frustrating process, and many have agreed that each game should be released for all platforms and devices on the same day. If you do that, you cut down on the frustration and complaints by about 90%. For now, we have many fans not getting their game for months and months, while everyone else gets theirs, OR, you have people not getting them at all. On top of that, it's created a Console Vs Mobile device group war that's luckily died down, but is still pretty vocal.

It's never made any sense, whatsoever, to release the games on different days, weeks, and even months, and I'm pretty sure they've lost a lot of customers because of this. (And that's excluding the endless ongoing bugs for previous games that have yet to be fixed)
It's made perfect sense:
  1. TPA players on mobile devices and PCs do not want to wait an extra 6 to 8 weeks for the console versions to pass certification.
  2. FarSight, from a business standpoint, does not want to wait an extra 6 to 8 weeks to get income from newly-developed tables.
  3. Therefore, DLC is released on each platform as soon as possible, regardless of its availability on other platforms.
If you want your DLC faster, migrate to a platform that doesn't require lengthy certification processes. You may not like that choice, but that's just how it is and how it has been for nearly 3 years now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If you want your DLC faster, migrate to a platform that doesn't require lengthy certification processes. You may not like that choice, but that's just how it is and how it has been for nearly 3 years now.

Yep. Exactly what I did. I really enjoyed playing on the PS3, but between the wait time for tables and the threat of what happens when you upgrade to the next gen console, on top of that not having the season pass available during the 3rd, it was like a perfect storm.

Now I'm on Steam. I don't wait for tables. The season pass never went away. I'm not worried about next gen anything. I even bought a controller with the DualShock layout so it'd feel like the PS3 still. We lack tournaments, but I've found a way around that! (BlahCade Podcast presents the Tournament of the Month, Feb 28th) We constantly hear people asking for FarSight to change various things in the business sense, but Sean nailed it. Been like this for 3 years, obviously is working for them. Your inconvenience is just that.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I will gladly wait for new tables on PS3 if it means I can play with a joypad. I know you can probably use one on the PC, too, but I would have to spend an awful lot of money on a PC that could run the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts