Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
This is very frustrating. I can't imagine a lot of great reasons to reject a game, especially one that has been previously approved. If it compromises the network or a players console that is fine but if this is just additional tables I can't imagine what the problem could possibly be. Now I know why so many complain about microsofts practices on xbla.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
if dlc pack 2 is ready for submission, then why wait when you know how long the process takes? I guess you were right about them withholding content LOL

DLC #2 builds on DLC #1 and almost certainly requires data (updates, bug fixes, etc) from DLC #1. They can't submit DLC out of order and it would be pointless submitting DLC #2 if there is a chance the first DLC could be rejected.

Now stop making stupid posts.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
DLC #2 builds on DLC #1 and almost certainly requires data (updates, bug fixes, etc) from DLC #1. They can't submit DLC out of order and it would be pointless submitting DLC #2 if there is a chance the first DLC could be rejected.

Now stop making stupid posts.

Please. People need to chill a little bit. Its pinball. Its supposed to be fun. No reason to not be nice to everyone here. Go play some more Theater of Magic! :D

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
What people have complained about is the lack of poor communication and the incompetent handling of releases/submissions. Also according to their FB page, for the PS3 version DLC pack #1 is waiting approval.. the 2nd DLC pack "will be submitted after the first is released."

if dlc pack 2 is ready for submission, then why wait when you know how long the process takes? I guess you were right about them withholding content LOL

Even by the standards of Internet message boards, that's a pretty outstanding sense of entitlement you've got there. They're juggling half a dozen platforms. They're dealing with all the different approval headaches. They've got somebody updating a Facebook page with info whenever there is any. They're still in the launch phase of this product. When you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, why rush to label them "incompetent"?

O the tragedy. Somebody else got his downloadable content before I did.

maaron82773

May 7, 2012
Even by the standards of Internet message boards, that's a pretty outstanding sense of entitlement you've got there. They're juggling half a dozen platforms. They're dealing with all the different approval headaches. They've got somebody updating a Facebook page with info whenever there is any. They're still in the launch phase of this product. When you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, why rush to label them "incompetent"?

O the tragedy. Somebody else got his downloadable content before I did.

@Vercingetorix - I could not agree more with you on this!

These guys break their backs to build this stuff for us. Lets show a little more appreciation for these guys.

I'm a long time pin-geek (I even own a couple of real pinball machines) and I really do want to thank FarSight Studios for bringing TPA to us. It really is the only chance for some of us to ever get the opportunity to play these wonderful tables. Thank you FarSight Studios...thanks.

*please make Haunted House...please*

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
What people have complained about is the lack of poor communication

I agree. Farsight definiltely lacks poor communication, though I don't understand why someone would complain about Farsight's good communication. Why would someone want poor communication? Farsight is very busy working on Pinball Arcade and they still take time to reply to posts.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I stated before that the first year of The Pinball Arcade would be a bumpy ride until FarSight has all versions rolled out (6 more to go) and most of the preliminary bugs worked out. Once these two goals are accomplished, you'll see a more steady stream of DLC that won't have most of the bugs the game itself and first DLC tables currently have. Remember, this is FarSight's first venture into the digital gaming world and they are learning and getting better as they go along. Everything will be fine in the long run.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I stated before that the first year of The Pinball Arcade would be a bumpy ride until FarSight has all versions rolled out (6 more to go) and most of the preliminary bugs worked out. Once these two goals are accomplished, you'll see a more steady stream of DLC that won't have most of the bugs the game itself and first DLC tables currently have. Remember, this is FarSight's first venture into the digital gaming world and they are learning and getting better as they go along. Everything will be fine in the long run.

I hope you didn't misread my last post. I feel Farsight's communication has been very good, but I was joking about how "a lack of poor communication" really means good communication.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I hope you didn't misread my last post. I feel Farsight's communication has been very good, but I was joking about how "a lack of poor communication" really means good communication.

My post wasn't aimed towards you Brian and I understood your post just fine. :)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

Do they unlock Wizard Goals after those two goals get achieved? :p

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
No, Wizard Goals only unlock after they achieve Standard Goal "Release Taxi".

ps: one of the Wizard Goals is "Release Twilight Zone"

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Although it was FarSight's awesome news about their plans for TPA that got me so juiced up in the first place, I'm finding that they may have set themselves up for this kind of backlash. They need to use Star Trek's Scotty's trick of underpromising and overproducing that then makes us feel like they are gods. Does Zen promise tables way ahead of time or do they just make an announcement 2 weeks ahead of releasing their DLC? I'm seriously asking because I don't pay attention to Zen, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when release a new table.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I'm bummed about not getting the tables but I'm also in the camp that I'd prefer to wait until they are ready before they come out, whatever the reason for the delay. I certainly don't see the need to register for a forum just to complain.

At least I have some more time to continue to pound my head against the Atlantis goal on Ripley's!

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Does Zen promise tables way ahead of time or do they just make an announcement 2 weeks ahead of releasing their DLC? I'm seriously asking because I don't pay attention to Zen, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when release a new table.

AVENGER Chronicles got announced early march and zen doesnt have a releasedate yet as, get this, approval is taking a while and they arent able to get solid dates from MS and Sony. All they have is "spring".

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
AVENGER Chronicles got announced early march and zen doesnt have a releasedate yet as, get this, approval is taking a while and they arent able to get solid dates from MS and Sony. All they have is "spring".

I take it a handful of Zen fans went ballistic when March 20 came and went without the Avengers table? I know some people on FB went bonkers when there wasn't a TPA release on May 1. Seriously??? Just because FarSight says "May", that's supposed to mean May 1???

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
It's like in the PS3 section with complaints about broken promises. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall them saying it'd be out this week. Just chill out and be patient.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
It's like in the PS3 section with complaints about broken promises. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall them saying it'd be out this week. Just chill out and be patient.

Well from the first page a while back I recall there was a point Pin Wiz posted (before yesterday's announcement) where first DLC should be released beginning of may. As it stands the 15th technically is the middle of may and the 22nd and 29th could be considered end of may. I think that's where the uproar is. Still though, I'm pretty patient. I can wait but it would have been nice to see it released this week. It wasn't guaranteed that it would be released this week.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Well from the first page a while back I recall there was a point Pin Wiz posted (before yesterday's announcement) where first DLC should be released beginning of may. As it stands the 15th technically is the middle of may and the 22nd and 29th could be considered end of may. I think that's where the uproar is. Still though, I'm pretty patient. I can wait but it would have been nice to see it released this week. It wasn't guaranteed that it would be released this week.

This is the reason why I try and keep from posting hard dates. The time frame I post for a release is when FarSight should hear word back on the status of their submission. The majority of the time they're told their submission is approved and they release immediately. Unfortunately, that didn't happen this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.