Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Android version 1.0.6 AVAILABLE NOW! Also, updated the latest info on the next iOS and Mac update release dates and DLC Table Packs #1 and #2 releases for PS3, PS Vita and Xbox 360.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wow so DLC #2 is out now for iOS and Android? And now we know that consoles won't even get the FIRST set of tables until June.., and at that time the PS3 may or may not (who knows? certainly not the developers/publishers...)

I see no incentive to support TPA. At this point I feel that if I purchase the DLC I will be rewarding mediocrity.. Also it seems the consoles (and PC for that matter) are bastard children and Farsight's main attention goes toward the iOS version. Fine. I understand that now..

Once bitten twice shy

No...it won't be out for iOS for at least another week....

Trust me, if Farsight could, they'd have all of the DLC available on all platforms right now. You have to understand that the consoles have longer submission/approval times than the mobile devices do. They can release to Android instantly, iOS takes at least a week, but the consoles can take several weeks to get approved.

I think Farsight is just as frustrated with all this as we are, and this is their first time releasing DLC on consoles, so I think the least we can do is cut them a bit of slack.

emb531

Mar 22, 2012
I think Farsight underestimated how DLC works for consoles vs. mobile platforms. DLC for consoles is usually only once or twice for an entire games lifepsan (~1 year or so), whereas for mobile the structure is such that DLC/updates are much quicker to approve and release. Consoles are really not meant for incremental DLC and updates, but rather larger, less frequents additions. So they should just get 4 tables ready at a time and submit, rather than 2 as the approval processes is not worth the time/cost for such a small amount of content.

Also, quit being so dramatic The Doctor. I don't think I've seen more people whine and complain about a video game before, and it's a pinball simulator of all things.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
I don't see what everyone is *****ing about. It's not like you paid for features that are not available yet. When DLC is available, you buy it or not. If you paid $100 for the game with the promise that there would be 15 tables in 6 months, then you still don't really have anything to ***** about other than the fact that your parents didn't teach you any better. So far, everyone has gotten what they paid for. The best recreation of these tables to date. Not perfect yet, but still the best. Now shut the hell up and play some pinball.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE : Added the latest information on the Plunger Camera, Multi-Ball Camera, Dot Matrix Display and Ball Drop Sound. Also added info on the next Android Update Details.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Wow so DLC #2 is out now for iOS and Android? And now we know that consoles won't even get the FIRST set of tables until June.., and at that time the PS3 may or may not (who knows? certainly not the developers/publishers...)

I see no incentive to support TPA. At this point I feel that if I purchase the DLC I will be rewarding mediocrity.. Also it seems the consoles (and PC for that matter) are bastard children and Farsight's main attention goes toward the iOS version. Fine. I understand that now..

Once bitten twice shy

"OH MY GOD! SOMEBODY ELSE, ON THE SINGLE ONE OF A HALF-DOZEN PLATFORMS THAT FARSIGHT IS LAUNCHING THIS PRODUCT ON THAT DOESN'T HAVE AN APPROVAL PROCESS, IS GOING TO GET DLC BEFORE ME! I AM SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!111111111"

You have no idea how the market works here. You are being butthurt about it for no reason. All you need to know about this process is that the game has been out for a month for the freaking Macintosh platform, and it's not out yet on the PC. Do you really think that's the way Farsight wants it?

Grow up.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Rock Band 3 releases DLC every week on consoles... Your logic is flawed...

Rock Band is one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world. They are not just sitting in the queue like everybody else, waiting for the next available guy to look at them.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Just looked at the table in the first post in this thread, BTW, and it looks great. Nice work and thanks much to PIN WIZ.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Yea, and Rock Band is published by EA who makes millions for Microsoft, clearly they have priority over Farsight and a pinball game...
But it's still wrong to say consoles aren't meant for incremental DLC. Plenty of publishers release regular DLC. t also isn't just a Microsoft thing because it's delayed on the PS3 as well. I don't think EA really has anything to do with the DLC that's released. Even if it were true, they're not gods. Sony put restrictions in place so Harmonix can only release 5 network tracks per week, while the 360 usually gets about a dozen or more every week.

Again, Farsight isn't one of them with the history or size, so they do deserve to be given some slack on this.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
It's actually funny you should mention this, because they just published an article about their DLC process.

It takes them six months to release a single DLC pack.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/from-licensing-to-release-the-life-of-a-dlc-pack

That six months includes acquiring licenses, receiving and translating the tracks for the game, writing the charts, testing them, syncing them with the game engine, etc. The actual approval of the completed tracks only takes 4 weeks, although I bet it takes just as long, if not longer, for Farsight to complete their tables.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
Any way you slice it, the approval process for Sony and MS is much longer than on the portables. They either need to hold back portable releases until the console versions are approved and set for release or just do it like they're doing now.
I'm sure after a while they'll get into the routine and knowing how to avoid the rejections.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I really can't believe how much people are getting their hackles up over a delay. It's a delay, people we need to live with it. It's not like we pre-paid for the table and really you spent around 10$ for the XBOX version. A max of 15$ for the iOS version. For one, there are other games. For two, there are 4 (or 6) good tables to play. For three, it's getting near summer time in the north-western part of the world. Do something else if you have to.

If you really have nothing to get angry about except that some DLC was delayed, you have a pretty good life. If Jeff isn't complaining, nobody should be. Yes, bummer we have to wait, however I don't see how any of us should really get angry. Like it was posted above. We paid for the tables we have. We didn't pay for a promise, and we certainly didn't pay the average full price of a game for this. And I'm sure that most of us have gotten MUCH MUCH MORE than the average 20 or so hours out of TPA. And assuming you only got 20 hours out of it, that's less than 1$ per hour to have played this.

I hate to see this forum become anything like the facebook page. Relax and have a beer people. If you're too young go out and play some baseball, football go for a stroll and lower your blood pressure.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Hmm I only see 1, maybe 2 guys throwing their toys out of the pram? Luckily everyone else has been pretty mature about it and try to set them straight.

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I'm sure after a while they'll get into the routine and knowing how to avoid the rejections.

Agreed, like with the first iOS DLC, Sony and MS want to see certain things in the DLC packs which unfortunately they didn't convey to Farsight prior to the long approval process. Seeing as Farsight was able to resubmit so quickly it was probably a minor adjustment and future DLC will hopefully go through more smoothly.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really can't believe how much people are getting their hackles up over a delay. It's a delay, people we need to live with it. It's not like we pre-paid for the table and really you spent around 10$ for the XBOX version. A max of 15$ for the iOS version. For one, there are other games. For two, there are 4 (or 6) good tables to play. For three, it's getting near summer time in the north-western part of the world. Do something else if you have to.

If you really have nothing to get angry about except that some DLC was delayed, you have a pretty good life. If Jeff isn't complaining, nobody should be. Yes, bummer we have to wait, however I don't see how any of us should really get angry. Like it was posted above. We paid for the tables we have. We didn't pay for a promise, and we certainly didn't pay the average full price of a game for this. And I'm sure that most of us have gotten MUCH MUCH MORE than the average 20 or so hours out of TPA. And assuming you only got 20 hours out of it, that's less than 1$ per hour to have played this.

I hate to see this forum become anything like the facebook page. Relax and have a beer people. If you're too young go out and play some baseball, football go for a stroll and lower your blood pressure.

Hahahaha! :)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
That six months includes acquiring licenses, receiving and translating the tracks for the game, writing the charts, testing them, syncing them with the game engine, etc. The actual approval of the completed tracks only takes 4 weeks, although I bet it takes just as long, if not longer, for Farsight to complete their tables.

The point is, even "weekly" DLC takes several months to make its way to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.