Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On FarSight Studios' The Pinball Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumahim

Apr 23, 2012
About the PS3 lag. I had it pretty bad on the original release, but I wasn't even really sure if it was really lagging out or if it was all in my head until I tried the TPA demo on the 360. Then I knew for sure there was a delay.

Now with the new tables, it seems like Bride of Pinbot seems about right. There's still a slight delay, but I know my TV does have a slight delay in it. The others seem better than the original tables, but I'm not positive. I'll need to compare with the 360 version again. I haven't played the original tables again since the DLC, so I don't know if it got better there or not.

The delay is a tricky thing to notice. We're talking about milliseconds difference. TV is probably going to cause some delay and the rest being caused by the system or the game. If the DLC did address some of the problem, it's tough to notice. Without comparing it to another game, you might not even think there is a delay.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
iOS update in the newsletter,

An update has been submitted to Apple with Game Center support and will be released once it is approved. We are on schedule to release add-on pack #4 in mid-July.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I've never noticed lag on the PS3 version.

Are you talking about lag as in pressing the button and then having the flipper react later than it should?
Or lag as in floaty controls (As in with jumping in Little Big Planet)?

For me it seems very much like the Williams Collection which I also didn't have a problem with.

I've played this on 2 different brand monitors (both in Game Mode).

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
WOW! I thought I would be nice enough to create a Facebook account so I could drop by TPA's Facebook Wall every now and then to try and counter some of the false information being posted there, and within the first 24hrs, I get slammed and accused of making stuff up when I posted about the European Market only getting the core tables on July 11th, which is true, but some think they're getting DLC as well, non of which has been approved by SCEE as of yet. I may have to reconsider and remove myself from Facebook, it's just that I hate to see so many people posting false information. Now I see why the majority of the people there are always upset.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I used to check the FB page all the time, but now I only go there once in awhile because of all the trolls and craziness.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I didn't realize how bad it was till I actually started posting there. I just feel bad for those who are just looking for information on, or help with, The Pinball Arcade.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I may just decide to make my information exclusive to this forum. :)

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
I used to post helpful information all of the time on Facebook but have gotten so frustrated with the ridiculousness of the crying I only seem to post smart ass comments or calling people out on not doing research. I always link to this thread for those that just seem ignorant and not angry quick to judge because they aren't catered to idiots.

A DLC pack is released and you hear *****ing about how it should be available two hours ago, or when is the next one coming you never tell us what's going on. Farsight will make a post and you have a bunch of crying on the same topic because they are too lazy to read the page first. And some of the posts seem like plants from Zen Studios as biased as they are, like both games can't exist on the market or something.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I used to post helpful information all of the time on Facebook but have gotten so frustrated with the ridiculousness of the crying I only seem to post smart ass comments or calling people out on not doing research. I always link to this thread for those that just seem ignorant and not angry quick to judge because they aren't catered to idiots.

A DLC pack is released and you hear *****ing about how it should be available two hours ago, or when is the next one coming you never tell us what's going on. Farsight will make a post and you have a bunch of crying on the same topic because they are too lazy to read the page first. And some of the posts seem like plants from Zen Studios as biased as they are, like both games can't exist on the market or something.

Agreed...you're one of the few exceptions. It's just too bad there aren't more people on TPA's Facebook that are willing to point new arrivals in the right direction.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
I just don't see how Facebook can be an effective tool for true communication between a developer and its fans. A forum setting such as this one (thanks to those who took the time to set this up and keep it running so well) provides the essential division of topics needed for structured reporting and communication. The only thing I would like to see here would be an official announcements section where only the developers or select admins/moderators would be able to post a topic that would basically encompass the Facebook feed and maybe provide more media stuff like pictures or video related to the post.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
In just 24 short hours, my appreciation for this forum has increased tenfold. :)

...now, back to the News!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just don't see how Facebook can be an effective tool for true communication between a developer and its fans. A forum setting such as this one (thanks to those who took the time to set this up and keep it running so well) provides the essential division of topics needed for structured reporting and communication. The only thing I would like to see here would be an official announcements section where only the developers or select admins/moderators would be able to post a topic that would basically encompass the Facebook feed and maybe provide more media stuff like pictures or video related to the post.

Are you saying the Hot News section is lacking in major announcements?

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
TPA's Facebook page is good for one thing: TPA updates. The rest is garbage and rambling requests like "when is Popeye Saves the Earth coming out?"

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
There was a time when we were all counting the "likes" so we could get more videos, encouraging others to join in and spread the word. Becareful what you wish for.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Lol indeed.. I signed up to the page when there were 650 likes and at every 100 likes Farsight would release a video! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts