Latest NEWS And INFORMATION On Silverball Studios' Pro Pinball: Revived & Remastered

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Yes. Now I think TPA should have gone the pre-rendered route. Not only does it look so much better, it is probably much cheaper, both to create and port to other platforms.

To preverve componets from a hitory stand point 3d models serve better methinks...full and mostly accurate demensions i say pre rendered while purdy is one step closer to game than sim....in a thousand years europa will use tpa assests to start avnew pinball craze!...eh?..what

ridcully

Jun 5, 2012
3D also scales better. You can use the models and just update the rendering engine. So, as long as you support your engine, all tables can benefit from better 3D-Hardware...

Different views is another thing, you can not do easily with pre rendered Tables. You have to include all renderings for all all views. This grows the size of the tables with every new view you include.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Boy wish I had money to pledge but I'm pretty much broke till the jobs that I recently got get some cash flow. I recommend downloading the full game that they have on the kickstarter page. It is truly well done for a game that has been out for some time. Wish the physics on TPA would be like it is in Pro Pinball. It is the best I've seen.

N

Nik Barbour

I'm hoping they make it (seriously doubt they will though) but won't be increasing my existing pledge any further.

I think they asked for too much to start with, executed it poorly by not supporting all platforms at start, and maybe didn't do themselves any favours shooting the inside of Adrian's & Pat's rather nice, expensive houses in the video. At the end of the day, it's a business, if you need the money, re-mortgage that bad boy.

I think kickstarter's shifted from helping innovations get where they wouldn't have got, to being like the entrance to the tube station - ie where all the beggars sit so you can't avoid them.
Can't believe how many people are jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon this month alone.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'm hoping they make it (seriously doubt they will though) but won't be increasing my existing pledge any further.

I think they asked for too much to start with, executed it poorly by not supporting all platforms at start, and maybe didn't do themselves any favours shooting the inside of Adrian's & Pat's rather nice, expensive houses in the video. At the end of the day, it's a business, if you need the money, re-mortgage that bad boy.

I think kickstarter's shifted from helping innovations get where they wouldn't have got, to being like the entrance to the tube station - ie where all the beggars sit so you can't avoid them.
Can't believe how many people are jumping on the Kickstarter bandwagon this month alone.

Kickstarter became "Please help invest this small project because I can't do this on my own" to "Please help invest this relatively big project I want to do of my relatively succesful company because publishers don't want to take the risk or don't see enough profitmargin" (Farsight, Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure KS, the new Broken Sword project) to "Please help us invest into this new humongous project of my relatively new or rebooted company that noone inculding us want to take the risk for".

The difference between category 2 and 3 is that 2 builds on succesful companies with rather long lineages and fanbases OR expeands on a product that is already out there and in working order. IT takes a lot of faith to invest in category 3, and category 3 is the ones that are up and coming a lot right now on kickstarter, some succesful, like the Ouya (sp) people. And personally I wouldnt take the risk of inveesting in category 3 either.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
UPDATE As Silverball Studios sees the end of the Kickstarter campaign; for the no-compromise revival and rebuilding of the legendary Pro Pinball® series looming, the studio have launched the #PinballNeedsYou campaign to rally the support of fans and backers to push the funding from 24% to 100% in the 7 remaining days.

The studio have produced wallpapers, avatars and banners (which can be downloaded at the bottom of this release)for fans and supporters to put on the screens of their PCs, Macs, iPads, smartphones and on their Facebook, Twitter profiles and blogs; with beautiful imagery and the #PinballNeedsYou tag on. They have even made the images high enough res for people to print out and put up as posters.

"With only a week to go we are really hoping that those who have got behind us can help us push this out to their friends, colleagues and contacts. If everyone supporting us could get one person to get behind us too, we might just make it!" Said Adrian Barritt, CEO of Silverball Studios.

The Studio hope that if all the avid pinball game supporters, fans and backers help to get the message out the project will have new life breathed into it. With only 7 DAYS TO GO. It is all hands on deck to get #PinballNeedsYou on every Facebook page, Twitter and website going.

The studio has also offered a first glimpse into what the games will look like if their target it hit. The release of two examples of production graphics demonstrate the level of realism the studio is going to be able to create if the project is able to go ahead.

"The team at Silverball are some of the best in the World and not many know pinball better than us.” Said Adrian Barritt, CEO of Silverball Studios.

"We have some incredible capabilities, that coupled with our perfectionism allows us to be able to produce pinball games of the absolute highest standard and realism. It is not just about the graphics either, the physicsengine we are evolving will be second to none and will allow all five tables to play as if they were the real thing!" Barritt added.

The team behind the development of the project are the very same that created new pinball games; Mario Pinball Land, Metroid Prime Pinball, Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon and Frogger Pinball, and have partnered with the pinball legend Pat Lawlor, creator of the best selling pinball table of all time, The Addams Family, and the highest rated pinball table of all time, The Twilight Zone.

"We've only got a week left on our Pro Pinball Kickstarter campaign (http://kck.st/SiUqHY) and we really need to gain that extra support now to make this a reality." said Pat Lawlor.

"Kickstarter projects are strange as many people don't back a project they don't think will succeed, which can turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy. But there are millions of pinball fans out there, who I know would love what we are proposing, but they just need to hear about it from existing backers through the #PinballNeedsYou campaign and get behind us!" Added Lawlor.

The campaign to fund the revival and remastering of Pro Pinball®has a week left on the clock and the project sits at nearly 25% funded; with the team needing to raise a minimum of $400,000.

The campaign, if fully funded, will see the development team create a brand new ultimate Pro Pinball® table, designed by the legendary Pat Lawlor as well as fully re-creating from scratchthe four original Pro Pinball® tables for various platforms, including PC, Mac, iOS, Android, PS3, PSvita and XBLA, to name but a few. “The scope of the project effectively means we’re building five new pinball games from scratch!” said Adrian Barritt.

"If there is a pinball fan out there who has not yet been to the campaign site and pledged to help this project succeed then I implore them to do so now. I was delighted to be asked to be involved with this project and am therefore eager to hit the Kickstarter target and get started." said Pat Lawlor.

Just by visiting the Kickstarter page fans are able to download a free original Pro Pinball table, on pledging just $2 or more backers will also receive two other original tables on success of the project. These rewards are on top of the existing items, including signed boxed copies of the tables in the series; classic and new, and the opportunity to appear on the back-glass of the new table, drawn by the great John Youssi; the artist responsible for a the back-glass artwork for The Addams Family, The Twilight Zone and Medieval Madness. Plus the team are creating a series of metal Pro Pinball® badges in Bronze, Silver and Gold; and these collectors' items will only be available to the Kickstarter backers.

Please show your support and help make Pro Pinball : Revived & Remastered a reality by pledging HERE.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Couldn't they just put the extra 300k in themselves? Like on the last day to ensure that it reaches the target (because the money would be going to them anyway)

I know that kickstarter charges something like 5%... but that'd only be something like 15k of a loss? to get another 100ish thousand dollars that are confirmed pre-orders.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Couldn't they just put the extra 300k in themselves? Like on the last day to ensure that it reaches the target (because the money would be going to them anyway)

I know that kickstarter charges something like 5%... but that'd only be something like 15k of a loss? to get another 100ish thousand dollars that are confirmed pre-orders.

If they have 300k to put into KS to keep the remaining 100k, I'd feel incredibly cheated if I was one of the backers for that 100k. Because in that case they scammed us all into thinking they needed 400k to make this happen.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
But technically they WOULDN'T have that 300k. They could just borrow that amount and then pay it back the second that they get they get the money in from the project.

But yeah, it would be an incredibly cheap way of doing things and I'd be pretty annoyed about that too.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012

It's against the Kickstarter rules, but yeah it could be done, if they have some anonymous channels that feed the money in... The TEX MURPHY Kickstarter did a similar thing with the "Magnificent Seven", them being unnamed large-sum-backers that would chime in at set intervals. It was an awesome move that spurred on the Kickstarter at a point where it seemed to be failing...

N

Nik Barbour

I know its not possible, but I would prefer if Kickstarter applicants were vetted for existing funds or business worth, and rejected if found to be just applying for loan free, risk free, ways of running their business / producing or developing their product.
Don't get me wrong, I know there are some deserving cases. But If the business proposer doesn't believe in the proposal enough to risk funds that they have or could access through loans / investors, then the product shouldn't be brought to market. - Just feels like everyone wants risk free enterprise now!

I've seen people past couple of months, running kickstarters to supply products they have been already supplying for the past 10 yrs or more, but are now using this route to avoid upfront cost prior to sale.
Very disheartened and sceptical about most Kickstarters now. It could have been a really useful entrepreneurial tool but greed has mainly spoiled it.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Is the kickstarter version of the original Timeshock the windows version? If so, is there anyway you can make it available for download for those who have it on GoG (or at least replace the DOS version on GoG with the windows version)? I have the DOS one on GoG and got it working well, but I would like to replace it with the windows version. I would also purchase The Web if it was made availabe for download on GoG.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Might want to get your wallets out; head over to their Facebook page. Their Kickstarter will be STARTING SOON, with ULTRA Timeshock!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
If they had any real faith in the product surely they should release an inital table?i dont care how good it was, funding a glorifed lighting demo is silly.

ill buy a released function product.

Seems to me not so much a funding project as covering their asses with the entire dev costs

I dont see kickstarter as a method of covering your ass for the majority of inital costs.

Me too project and the devs have to real faith, passion maybe but if they were truely commited i believe they should fund inital dev by themselves.

Again ill biy a finished product not vapourware and a few fancy effects

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If they had any real faith in the product surely they should release an inital table?i dont care how good it was, funding a glorifed lighting demo is silly.

ill buy a released function product.

Seems to me not so much a funding project as covering their asses with the entire dev costs

I dont see kickstarter as a method of covering your ass for the majority of inital costs.

Me too project and the devs have to real faith, passion maybe but if they were truely commited i believe they should fund inital dev by themselves.

Again ill biy a finished product not vapourware and a few fancy effects
You make a good point, though we do not know their financial situation. They may not have the money themselves, and I seriously doubt this will be a "take the money and run," project. Hopefully, they will give us more info as the kickoff approaches.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.