Lets Predict 2014's Table Pack

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I tend not to take anything on Facebook too seriously unless it is an actual news release from FS.
The stuff you find in FB comments tends to be just to answer simple questions and have a prescence in there. Things like: we like that pin too, you never know, and not in the near future, and those kind of responses don't hold a lot of weight with me. I'm sure you've probably got that feeling too when reading FB comments.

Last edited:

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I tend not to take anything on Facebook too seriously unless it is an actual news release from FS.
The stuff you find in FB comments tends to be just to answer simple questions and have a prescence in there. Things like: we like that pin too, you never know, and not in the near future, and those kind of responses don't hold a lot of weight with me. I'm sure you've probably got that feeling too when reading FB comments.

When I mean "Responses", I mean posts from whoever is running TPA Facebook page, not any Joe Schmoe.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
When I mean "Responses", I mean posts from whoever is running TPA Facebook page, not any Joe Schmoe.

That's what I mean too. It just feels like a little pr to placate the FB masses. Not much real news or anything definite in any of those (for the most part). I tend to believe what you hear in here though. As you know there are plenty of FS employees in here and the mods are pretty well connected. Just my opinion.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
That's what I mean too. It just feels like a little pr to placate the FB masses. Not much real news or anything definite in any of those (for the most part). I tend to believe what you hear in here though. As you know there are plenty of FS employees in here and the mods are pretty well connected. Just my opinion.

I hear ya.

Nothing we can do but hold out hope. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think we'll see TFTC at some point. It's a license that doesn't need a kickstarter and it's a popular pin. Plus the multiball on that kicks butt.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
My opinion is that FS has enough non Data East tables to fill Season 3. I also assume there will need to be a lot of work to emulate DE pins properly and there have been none released so far. I asked on FB whether any DE tables would be released in Season 3 and I was told no. That of course can change and we won't know until a year from now. I would like Tales from the Crypt also, but if they've already emulated Class of 1812 I can see Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street being released before Tales as a "horror" table.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
My opinion is that FS has enough non Data East tables to fill Season 3. I also assume there will need to be a lot of work to emulate DE pins properly and there have been none released so far. I asked on FB whether any DE tables would be released in Season 3 and I was told no. That of course can change and we won't know until a year from now. I would like Tales from the Crypt also, but if they've already emulated Class of 1812 I can see Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street being released before Tales as a "horror" table.

I would think that "Freddy" would require a Kickstarter vs TFTC, which wouldn't.

...not to mention "Freddy" didn't even make the Top Ten Premium list. (Which is just ridiculous)

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I don't think either of us know which pin would require a KS, so that is pure speculation. What we do know is that Class of 1812 and Tee'd off have been released which are the same System 3 pin's as Freddy. If we want to be neutral about Data East we can simply say nothing has been announced saying that any will be in Season 3.

Someone mentioned "The Shadow" as a KS candidate and I don't see that happening. Ill try to watch a video of the game-play tomorrow but I can see Simpsons/Lord of the Rings significantly more successful with backers if licensing can be worked out.

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
Lettuce: I am not one of the pickiest guys out there, but if 2/3 of that list makes it into season 3 I will be more than satisfied. Good List! (I am betting FS will mix in a few more Gottliebs in there though)

The only one that is not gonna happen for sure is Indiana Jones. That was a difficult license before but after Disney bought all Lucas properties, the situation got ten times worse.

Any Disney license is almost impossible, (ref: Bobby King) sadly. Indiana Jones would have been a sweet addition.

The only pinball company that will be able to acquire licenses for disney stuff is Zen Studios but that's becasue they have pre-existing licening aggreements with them. That being said, i don't know if disney is going to keep letting zen get licenses

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The only pinball company that will be able to acquire licenses for disney stuff is Zen Studios but that's becasue they have pre-existing licening aggreements with them. That being said, i don't know if disney is going to keep letting zen get licenses

But the games that Zen makes will not be for remakes of the original tables (or any future physical tables). They can only create new digital pinball games.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
But the games that Zen makes will not be for remakes of the original tables (or any future physical tables). They can only create new digital pinball games.

Dont think it makes much difference, they would still need to get the licenses for the likeness of the characters used on the table (Ford, Fisher, Hamill etc)

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
And yet I had never heard of CBW before the recent polls. Eight Ball Deluxe is a classic; CBW is that table that MS took a stab at.

Funny, I had never heard of EBD until I joined up on here.

It only took a few seconds of watching EBD gameplay to make up my mind which is better. (That and noticing the same people who highly praise EBD are the same people who's idea of a "Classic" table is highly questionable.)

You can call CBW "the game MS took a stab at", while others call it the 3rd highest ranked table in its category, compared to the lowly 8th ranked EBD it it's own category. lol.

I'd say that speaks for itself.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Diner and Fish tales are pretty likely due to high ratings and no/little licences involved, think Black Knight 2000 is more likely then Jackbot which just seems very similar to Pinbot, BK2000 is quite different to the original.

With the Simpons Kickstarter I would like to think the licence would cover the older table as well, that would be an awesome 2 pack!

Also the Stern interview where he mentioned Roller Coaster Tycoon and got TFTC and Ripleys mixed up seems to indicate that TFTC is on the horizon at some point.....

Last edited:

Members online

Members online