Lets Predict 2014's Table Pack

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
If my 5 year old gaming laptop is considered a high performance pc then sure you're right but no mobile device can push what it does. They aren't catching up they are moving forward, sure but PCs move forward just as fast if not faster.

An average gaming rig will always..always outperform mobiles. You always sacrifice performance when you need smaller components. No matter how small transistors get. They will take up space and larger components hold more circuitry.

I guess I do consider gaming PCs to be more or less high performance. I have a decent desktop, but Steam TPA runs super slowly on it. Graphics card related?

I think the market will turn manufacturers to tablets, and PCs will die out. JMHO.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I guess I do consider gaming PCs to be more or less high performance. I have a decent desktop, but Steam TPA runs super slowly on it. Graphics card related?

I think the market will turn manufacturers to tablets, and PCs will die out. JMHO.

I highly doubt that this will happen. Precision interfaces and the power given by PCs will always mean there is room for them. The she's was supposed to spell doom and gloom as was the dreamcast, ps2, xbox etc. Tablets were running windows xp before anyone else had jumped on the bandwagon and the two will continue to co-exist for a long time.

Yes most likely graphics related. While all new PCs made after windows vista should have some 3d capabilities due to windows guide being technically 3d, a desktop meant to "chat, surf, email and play mp3s" aka your typical dell or big box retailer pre build is only going to provide the bare minimum.

As long as people want constantly improving graphics physics and ai computations, we will always have PCs

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I highly doubt that this will happen. Precision interfaces and the power given by PCs will always mean there is room for them. The she's was supposed to spell doom and gloom as was the dreamcast, ps2, xbox etc. Tablets were running windows xp before anyone else had jumped on the bandwagon and the two will continue to co-exist for a long time.

Yes most likely graphics related. While all new PCs made after windows vista should have some 3d capabilities due to windows guide being technically 3d, a desktop meant to "chat, surf, email and play mp3s" aka your typical dell or big box retailer pre build is only going to provide the bare minimum.

As long as people want constantly improving graphics physics and ai computations, we will always have PCs

Yeah I guess so.

My PC was built for me by a buddy of mine. I thought it had a decent graphics card, but he knows I don't game on my PC, so it may not be a killer. I'm running Vista Ultimate.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
If anyone thinks tablets have or will have any power to speak of you have forgot about editing prosumer video or even various heavy dslr raw files. The neverending chase for image quality requires incredible computer performance even for some simple things like editing some digital camera raw files. My 7 year old sigma DP1 camera has some of todays computers slowing down and crashing! Full frame photography for consumers is around the corner, and check out the new blackmagic pocket cinema for 1000 $. I'd like to see anyone load those raw files into a tablet and edit together a movie.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
If anyone thinks tablets have or will have any power to speak of you have forgot about editing prosumer video or even various heavy dslr raw files. The neverending chase for image quality requires incredible computer performance even for some simple things like editing some digital camera raw files. My 7 year old sigma DP1 camera has some of todays computers slowing down and crashing! Full frame photography for consumers is around the corner, and check out the new blackmagic pocket cinema for 1000 $. I'd like to see anyone load those raw files into a tablet and edit together a movie.

The cr2 (canon raw) from my camera slow my laptop (the same one that can play tpa rather well) to said crawl when I'm editing them. Just generating 1:1 previews and exporting to jpg afterward can take forever. Though, just because my laptop was designed for gaming doesn't make it a good graphics workstation, DAW (audio editing platform) or video editing platform. This is yet another reason that the pc will always be around is that you can purpose build it to your needs.

Get a tablet that runs it's os off of an ssd and stores files on a 3 gb raid 5 array of magnetic disks and see how portable it still is

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
On Facebook tpa was posting shots from their offices. One pic had wipe out with black rose next to it. Another had silver all mania. I can't zoom in well on the other pics with my iPhone but nothing stands out as unreleased.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On Facebook tpa was posting shots from their offices. One pic had wipe out with black rose next to it. Another had silver all mania. I can't zoom in well on the other pics with my iPhone but nothing stands out as unreleased.

Cool! Black rose would be super.

N

netizen

I can't see posts with pics of the office, were they deleted?

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Nice. This is going to be a good season. Fish Tales, Who Dunnit, Junk Yard and Black Rose make it worth it to me alone. Wipeout looks like it could be fun too.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I do not see Wipe Out, Silverball Mania, or Black Rose anywhere in these pics.

1602159_676830445671352_1334912461_o.jpg

1602017_676830652337998_1536110454_o.jpg

1526589_676830919004638_847232537_n.jpg

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Come on Bowflex, don't just look at images. :) These were posted in a different context. This is not Farsights office.

1506005_673862369331722_244412471_a.jpg

484809_676857505668646_1349569196_n.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Someone on FB had recently asked about Silverball Mania and FarSight responded that they've had a couple requests but not enough to put it on their high demand list.

Joci2000

Dec 18, 2013
Hey men,

I would bet on these tables in 2014 table packs:
Black Rose
Ace high
High Speed2
Phantom of the Opera
Safe Cracker
Strikes 'N Spares
Sorcerer
Jive time
Whodunnit
Junk yard
BlackK night 2k

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Come on Bowflex, don't just look at images. :) These were posted in a different context. This is not Farsights office.

1506005_673862369331722_244412471_a.jpg

484809_676857505668646_1349569196_n.jpg

Well silver ball mania could be anywhere but the wipeout and black rose are definitely in an office and the ceiling looks the same as the one in the other pics...

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Well silver ball mania could be anywhere but the wipeout and black rose are definitely in an office and the ceiling looks the same as the one in the other pics...

When you need an image to answer a question, most people use google. :)

Here is your Wipe Out image: (Office in Phoenixville, PA)

http://www.silverballmaniapinball.com/forSale/pinball/Wipeout.html#images/wipeout%20backglass.JPG

and Silverball Mania:

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/images/sc/smania.html

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
but the wipeout and black rose are definitely in an office and the ceiling looks the same as the one in the other pics...
absolutely the same - even distance from top of the backglass box to the ceiling

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Hey men,

I would bet on these tables in 2014 table packs:
Black Rose
Ace high
High Speed2
Phantom of the Opera
Safe Cracker
Strikes 'N Spares
Sorcerer
Jive time
Whodunnit
Junk yard
BlackK night 2k

I would be very OK with this lineup. ;)

Although, I'm hoping for High Speed 1.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Eight ball Deluxe was the best selling pinball game of all time, before addams family. it MUST be done.

Members online

Members online