• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Yeah, VP is great in it's current version. I would say:
TPA > VP9.1.2 > PHOF > Future Pinball > older VP versions

Big plus is, that VP is free and there are hundreds of tables out there!

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Just posted on FarSights Facebook page:

We have nothing but good news to report today! For iOS (iPhone and iPad) we've fixed some bugs in the new tables, including the Monster Bash Frankenstein multiball camera problem and the Gorgar leaderboard bug. Apple has granted us an expedited review for both the paid and free versions of the app so they should both be available in the next 24 hours.

We finally have a date from Sony for the Euopean version on the PlayStation3- it will be released on June 27th! The European version on Vita is back in submission with Sony and we will announce a release date when we know it. Thanks for your patience on those!

We have had reports of users on Android not getting access to tables they've purchased. This actually turned out to be a Google problem, but we've engineered a workaround and we will be posting a new Android build today.

As announced previously, Table Packs 1 and 2 will be released for the Vita in North America on June 26th. Today Sony granted our petition to move the release date for Table Pack 2 on PlayStation3 up to match that of the Vita, so it will also be available on June 26th (instead of July 3rd). So let the record reflect that sometimes we're early instead of late :)

The new tables for the Xbox 360 are moving through the approval process at Microsoft. We will announce an availability date when we know it. And we're still working on getting in-app table purchases released for the Mac and the PC version.

Thanks again for your support of the Pinball Arcade!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Considering how new the product is, how many tables we have already, the number of platforms supported, the size of the Farsight dev team, I think they are doing a splendid job. Software development is complex - just need to be patient.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
FarSight Studios said:
We have nothing but good news to report today! For iOS (iPhone and iPad) we've fixed some bugs in the new tables, including the Monster Bash Frankenstein multiball camera problem and the Gorgar leaderboard bug. Apple has granted us an expedited review for both the paid and free versions of the app so they should both be available in the next 24 hours.
From problem raised to problem solved in three business days. Is this the same company we were discussing earlier that was allegedly so agonizingly slow at fixing problems? :p

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That was a rhetorical question... (Gord, where's the smiley for bashing one's head against a brick wall?)

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
From problem raised to problem solved in three business days. Is this the same company we were discussing earlier that was allegedly so agonizingly slow at fixing problems? :p

I have a big plate with some words on it and a knife & fork at the ready :D

F

Franky

it wasn't rhetorical - it was sarcastic, that's why i had to answer.

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Deleted by admin

Yeah, they're really awful. They've only put out a product that has A) given me more entertainment value for the money than any game I've bought since Civilization II, and B) singehandedly kindled an enormous interest by my young son in playing real pinball games, which has led to us spending a bunch of great afternoons playing real pins on location together. It's hard to see why I'd think anything positive about this company or their product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Clearly voicing an opposite view is forbidden.

Its a shame, threads that go "Everything is GREAT!" followed by "Yes, I agree!" "You bet" are not often worth reading.

To be fair I didn't read the comment, maybe it was retarded. Its just a shame that you can't be anything but a cheerleader here unless you want to be branded a kitten skinning, satan worshiping, worst human on the internet.

I see plenty on the "good" side being super trollrific, baiting traps dripping with sarcasm and backed up by the voice of the mob being allowed to continue doing so.

Fair play is good for all.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Clearly voicing an opposite view is forbidden.

Clearly that's not true or this thread would've been closed long ago.

Its just a shame that you can't be anything but a cheerleader here unless you want to be branded a kitten skinning, satan worshiping, worst human on the internet.

Exaggerate much? There are plenty of other negative/critical threads around too, and as long as the discussion is civil and respectful, then it's fine to voice negative/critical opinions. Just don't expect to be able to spout insults and that sort of thing, and don't be surprised if others disagree because this is a "fan" forum, afterall.

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Exaggerate much? There are plenty of other negative/critical threads around too, and as long as the discussion is civil and respectful, then it's fine to voice negative/critical opinions.

Show me a thread where people with a less than positive view are allowed to taunt, tease and troll the Pep Club members with impunity and its the cheerleaders that get censored. My point is that THIS thread is loaded with nastiness on the "Team Farside" end but THAT seems to be allowed.

I'm not the one on the receiving end of this and whining about poor me. I'm sure as hell not sticking up for whatever particular bit of 'wisdom' might have come out in that deleted comment by The Doctor, its just a general observation.

When someone says anything against Farside they get dogpiled on and that is ruled to be fair but when one of the mustache twiriling villains here lashes out or retaliates then out comes the red pen. All I said was be fair on both sides.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Well, like I said, it is a "fan" forum, so of course the support for Farsight is going to be strong. If you want more ranting and bickering, feel free to stick to the Facebook page. Anyway, I think you're blowing this out of proportion a bit and exaggerating. We're pretty laid back when it comes to moderating, so it's very rare for us to delete or edit posts (only when people go out of their way to be a tool). I think the majority of the members are pretty happy with the way things are here.

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Well, like I said, it is a "fan" forum, so of course the support for Farsight is going to be strong. If you want more ranting and bickering, feel free to stick to the Facebook page. Anyway, I think you're blowing this out of proportion a bit and exaggerating. We're pretty laid back when it comes to moderating, so it's very rare for us to delete or edit posts (only when people go out of their way to be a tool). I think the majority of the members are pretty happy with the way things are here.

I never asked for more fighting and bickering. Respect for a viewpoint that is not the dominant one is all I ask. Im not at all defending some of the crazier crap the opposition has said thus far, not one bit.

You don't address the point that this particular thread is loaded with nasty, trolly, taunting and sneering comment directed at the naysayers but they are allowed to do it. Unless what The Doctor said was REALLY pants-on-head stupid Im not seeing much in the way of an even hand.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I never asked for more fighting and bickering. Respect for a viewpoint that is not the dominant one is all I ask. Im not at all defending some of the crazier crap the opposition has said thus far, not one bit.

You don't address the point that this particular thread is loaded with nasty, trolly, taunting and sneering comment directed at the naysayers but they are allowed to do it. Unless what The Doctor said was REALLY pants-on-head stupid Im not seeing much in the way of an even hand.

I did address that point by saying I feel that you are exaggerating. This thread is not "loaded with nasty, trolly, taunting and sneering comment directed at the naysayers". There are a couple places where folks could've been a bit nicer, but that's on both sides if you re-read the thread.

But honestly, let's move on. Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. As long as people treat each other respectfully and don't act like tools, we won't have these sort of issues, and we haven't had hardly any trouble until just recently, so hopefully this will be a reminder to everyone to be more polite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts