• No, I'm sure they will get fixed soon

Votes: 66 88.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Btw dude since you like bullet hell and yer mame, you should really try jeff minters ios games mashups of classic styles with a weird whacky and very wonderful play style...gridrunner trust me itll become An auto purchase !

Yeah, I love Minters stuff. I love how he mixes oldschool gameplay with these super-washed out trippy effects. And llamas. Llamas everywhere!

bonch

May 24, 2012
I wish updates came out at a faster pace on platforms that permit more rapid releases (e.g., iOS and OS X), but I don't think the bugs are enough to lose faith in them or that Pinball Arcade is significantly buggier than other products.

Just Some Guy

Jun 18, 2012
I haven't lost faith in them at all, it just seems like they've taken on more than they can handle right now, and the content submission process for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network seems to have people putting the blame on Farsight, when it's really Microsoft/Sony causing the problems there.

As has been suggested elsewhere, it seems like it might be a good idea for them to slow down the releases temporarily, in order to improve the overall user experience.

I think it's a very good sign that they aren't simply abandoning the older tables in favour of new releases, and going back to fix issues with tables like Black Hole. It's a shame that it took as long as it did for the gate problem to get fixed there, but I think a lot of developers would simply have left it as it was, in favour of spending more development time on new tables that are going to bring in more money.

an ox

May 28, 2012
I have a nice vert scrolling shooter just about done too on iOS ;).

Regarding "losing faith" definitely not at all, I think the FS guys are doing a great job so far. Covering all those platforms and making sure every table is as good as it can be is a hell of a job and sure there may be the odd glitch along the way but hey, i make software too and I know how that goes. I'm sure iterations will reduce the bug count as we go forward (and I'd happily skip a month of new DLC if they just wanted to hang back and bugfix for a while).

My only real frustration has been waiting for the ps3/Vita versions in EU but having been though a console cert process myself before I totally get that that's not their fault and is probably as frustrating as all hell for them too. iOS'll keep me happy till the sony versions drop :).

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
It's not like you have to go to the store and buy the disc for the game.
Updates are online and don't cost anything.

Would I like it better if there were zero bugs?
Certainly.

That being said, I'd rather encourage FarSight to keep up the good work making all these wonderful games legally available to everyone on so many different platforms and for having such GOOD response to customer requests and input!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I have a nice vert scrolling shooter just about done too on iOS ;).

Regarding "losing faith" definitely not at all, I think the FS guys are doing a great job so far. .

Pffft i see why 5ad was so calm after tpa...i blame you for it ALL

Who loves ya baby

But farsights my new fancy men

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Hes gonna be like the monkies in oz now....but its all his fault

Back on topic

Hes old used rubbers!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
It's not like you have to go to the store and buy the disc for the game.
Updates are online and don't cost anything.

Would I like it better if there were zero bugs?
Certainly.

That being said, I'd rather encourage FarSight to keep up the good work making all these wonderful games legally available to everyone on so many different platforms and for having such GOOD response to customer requests and input!

Didnt you have large boobies?.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
One of the reason console releases take so long is to ensure they don't have game-crashing bugs. That's also why they limit updates to 4 MB - to discourage "release a broken product and fix it later" scenarios. That's not to say that it doesn't still suck to not have DLC 1.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
One of the reason console releases take so long is to ensure they don't have game-crashing bugs. That's also why they limit updates to 4 MB - to discourage "release a broken product and fix it later" scenarios. That's not to say that it doesn't still suck to not have DLC 1.

I believe that patches are not limited by that limit, only added content.

night

May 18, 2012
I run TPA on my iPad and payed a couple of euro's for a couple of cool tables. Some are not perfect yet, but not far from. Serious, what's the real problem here, some people don't have a life or something, get out and see some sunshine. If a simulated pinball game is going to give you a hard time you need some Zen.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I really enjoyed the Gottlieb and Williams PHOF collections, so I have every confidence in them to make a nice product here. Besides, they're the ONLY game in town who are making real life pinball tables accessible to fans like me who love the games but don't have the money or space for the real deal. Sure there's visual pinball, but this is a legal, legitimate way of owning these tables in a affordable way. Also, these guys are my only hope for a virtual BK2K table!

That said, I am still waiting for the PC release, so it's not just DLC tables and fixes for me. Luckily, I also agree with the above sentiment that I have other interests, hobbies and work to think about in the meantime as they work on this. When it comes out, as I suspect many of you will, I will buy it happily. :)

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Let us down????

I have not felt younger since pinball arcade crossed my path, its memorylane with fantastic gameplay.

Cant believe this topic.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Let us down????

I have not felt younger since pinball arcade crossed my path, its memorylane with fantastic gameplay.

Cant believe this topic.

Youuuuuuu

No no no

Youuuuuuuuuuu

****in a man

Thats a good right on in drunk me speak,

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Let us down????

Cant believe this topic.

No-one in this thread suggested that Farsight had "let us down", I'm just a little disheartened that the last few DLC packs have suffered from some major bugs upon release. I'll still be buying all the DLC as it gets released. I just hope that new tables can be more rigorously tested before release, as the last couple of DLC packs have been pretty iffy bug-wise.

Vpinmame is cool, but I'm very happy I can play a far better version on my tablet & phone.

As I said when Farsight get it right they really nail it, this is why I have 1200 Microsoft points waiting eagerly for some big-screen action :D

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
No-one in this thread suggested that Farsight had "let us down", I'm just a little disheartened that the last few DLC packs have suffered from some major bugs upon release. I'll still be buying all the DLC as it gets released. I just hope that new tables can be more rigorously tested before release, as the last couple of DLC packs have been pretty iffy bug-wise.

Vpinmame is cool, but I'm very happy I can play a far better version on my tablet & phone.

As I said when Farsight get it right they really nail it, this is why I have 1200 Microsoft points waiting eagerly for some big-screen action :D

Lol dont think it was anything agasint the orognal thread man you made fair points, dutchy is just displaying senitment with feel and saying hey were all here for a reason...lets ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.