Lost scores and goals AGAIN

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Once again, all my high scores and goals are gone. There is nothing wrong with the PC. This has happened numerous times across multiple devices. How hard is it to just save this data on Steam? I can see that all my completed goals are missing, yet I still have the achievements for getting them. This is infuriating. I'm not even going to play again until I hear that this problem is resolved.

Anyone else have this problem?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's hard. Very hard.

I lose them all the time on mobile but it's usually my fault because I remove the app to clear out space for something.

Never had it happen on steam though. You're not removing the game files or anything?

One thing I did notice is that my goals aren't maintained between my home PC and my work PC. Personally though, most of my goal achievements are just through playing and not some effort to get goals.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
I only play on my pinball cabinet PC, nothing else. In fact, the main reason I only play on my PC is that my scores on my mobile devices were always being reset (almost every time there is an update).

I haven't touched a single setting or file on the machine since I have installed Pinball Arcade. One game of Ripley's takes over two hours to get a score back. I can't take it anymore.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I only play on my pinball cabinet PC, nothing else. In fact, the main reason I only play on my PC is that my scores on my mobile devices were always being reset (almost every time there is an update).

I haven't touched a single setting or file on the machine since I have installed Pinball Arcade. One game of Ripley's takes over two hours to get a score back. I can't take it anymore.

Hi Rooter,

Are you using steam on your pc or are you using virtual pinball?

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Hi Rooter,

Finally someone who got the same issue as me !
Please check this thread I introduced about that topic titled "Scores and objectives vanished".

Farsight support did not give any fix about getting back our lost scores and goals so far.
They advised me to back up the User data folder that is typically located in:
"C:\Users\<username>\My Games\Pinball Arcade\"

Also, they are working on backing up the saves into the Steam cloud.

With several issues reported by people about this, I hope they will start getting a fix for having back our goals and scores.

Last edited:

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Hi Rooter,

Are you using steam on your pc or are you using virtual pinball?

Pinball Arcade only. I haven't run any other software of any type on that machine in over a month. At one point, I did get a blue screen 'Out of Memory' error while in the menu system. It wasn't a Windows blue screen, it was a PA error message, and I wasn't out of system memory. I was able to alt-tab out of PA and see that it was using 500MB of RAM out of 4GB. When I went back into PA, it fully crashed. I'm not sure if that was the point where the scores reset or not as I have been playing a new game every session recently. I was not logged in with my Farsite account as multiple people we playing pinball with me over that time.

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Pinball Arcade only. I haven't run any other software of any type on that machine in over a month.

If you did not run anything over a month on your machine and you did not update Pinball Arcade over a month, I guess you have exactly the same issue I got when Pinball Arcade is getting updated through Steam.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
You two, compare your PC specs, see what you have in common.

Before this issue is fixed, it might help to backup your files in "C:\Users\<username>\My Games\Pinball Arcade\"
when you achieve a new goal or set a new highscore. If you lose your data again, you can overwrite the default files with your backup.
I hope this will work, try it.

At one point, I did get a blue screen 'Out of Memory' error while in the menu system. It wasn't a Windows blue screen, it was a PA error message, and I wasn't out of system memory. I was able to alt-tab out of PA and see that it was using 500MB of RAM out of 4GB. When I went back into PA, it fully crashed.

tpabluesm.jpg

This is the screen. It appears to be the Debugger. Next time, press "A" to continue.

Last edited:

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Sorry Biff but backing up this folder already have been suggested by the Farsight staff.

Now, we expect a fix for getting back our scores and goals from Farsight.

Thank you.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Alright, did you tell them your PC specs at least? :)

I'm curious, which Windows do you guys use?

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Like I said in a previous post on this thread, please refer to the thread titled "Scores and objectives vanished" I introduced a few weeks ago where these details are specified.

FYI, I use Windows 7.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Your expectations are a bit high there. The fix might enable you to not lose scores anymore but lost data is lost data.

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Indeed superballs, I know you are right but hey, maybe there are other way to dig.
For instance, maybe they could sync data between the Steam app goals and the goals in the game so we could have a slight chance to get back at least our goals data in game (but obviously not our scores unfortunately).
You know when you have spent a lot of hours to achieve big scores and goals, you don't really will to start all over again.

Rooter

Apr 23, 2012
Windows 7 64bit
AMD FX 4170 CPU
NVidia 460 GTX
4GB RAM

I really don't expect any data back, but having it saved in Steam would be nice. I don't know if you want to automatically set the goals from Steam achievements because I think there is an option to reset the goals for each table. Maybe there could be an option to restore the goals if you have the achievement, but that seems unnecessary since you can see the achievement anyway.

Mithrellas

Dec 29, 2012
Maybe there could be an option to restore the goals if you have the achievement, but that seems unnecessary since you can see the achievement anyway.
Good point, I agree with you there, except you cannot have your goals in game, but only on Steam, and then you have to unlock them back from the start in game.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I finished hooking up the cloud saves in a way that is compatible between PC and Mac. Just needs some testing and it should be good to go.

Armin Ruoff

May 30, 2013
I finished hooking up the cloud saves in a way that is compatible between PC and Mac. Just needs some testing and it should be good to go.

Is this in with the "Black Knight 2000" update? If so it's not working.
I see some steam cloud syncing now after the game. But I lost all my scores and goals on the PC version with this update and I now have the same problems with blue screens in PBA as described earlier in this thread.

neurokinetik

Nov 23, 2013
Is this in with the "Black Knight 2000" update? If so it's not working.
I see some steam cloud syncing now after the game. But I lost all my scores and goals on the PC version with this update and I now have the same problems with blue screens in PBA as described earlier in this thread.

I see some evidence of Steam Cloud synchronization working, as my desktop machine now shows the same goals completed as my game rig does. It isn't perfect, though, as there are a couple of tables where I had completed standard goals on the desktop but not on the game rig, and now those are showing incomplete. I also get the blue screen when I hit back from the scrolling table list to go to the main menu. If I hit A to continue, it does make it back to the main menu and lets me exit. When doing so, no goals changed after I reloaded the game.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
PC/Mac cross platform steam cloud saves are working for me with the latest update. They ended up overwriting my PC desktop's save with a much less complete save from my macbook because I happened to play the newest version of TPA on the macbook first, which was upsetting. Now I have a lot of goals to reearn, but at least this time once I do it, they should stay unlocked forever regardless of which platform I play on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.