Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yep, that's one. But the problem with TPA is that it won't hold anything besides scores. That's why secundary things like most Catapults in MM or most Insanity Falls in WW are not stored (as long as you not leave the table you can still see them recorded). So I guess Frankenstein will have the same thing here. But it is still a cool idea!

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
is Frankenstein's head suppose to move? cuz it isn't.

and damn is this game the origin for the saying "Say my name B**#H!" expression? cuz I find my self growling/yelling FRANKENSTEIN! in my best Kirk "KHAN!!!" voice, every time.. it happens alot LOL

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
is Frankenstein's head suppose to move? cuz it isn't.

and damn is this game the origin for the saying "Say my name B**#H!" expression? cuz I find my self growling/yelling FRANKENSTEIN! in my best Kirk "KHAN!!!" voice, every time.. it happens alot LOL

Yes. It's supposed to move. FS said it's being worked on and will not be in initial release. At least that was the case last Mon.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I like this table but my lifetime tolerance for Edgar Winter was already over before this, and it's just as much a non sequitur as TZ playing Golden Earring.

I know, I'm crabby.

Unrelated to pinball: I had to go look up the movie this license is based on. I don't know what I was doing at that point in 1994 but somehow this film did not enter my radar AT ALL. Like, never even heard of it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I like this table but my lifetime tolerance for Edgar Winter was already over before this, and it's just as much a non sequitur as TZ playing Golden Earring.

I know, I'm crabby.

Unrelated to pinball: I had to go look up the movie this license is based on. I don't know what I was doing at that point in 1994 but somehow this film did not enter my radar AT ALL. Like, never even heard of it.

At least the Golden Earring track was written about the TV show.

The Edgar Winter track "Frankenstein" was so named because it took so long to put together and was longer than it was originally planned to be.

As for the movie... well I think Francis Ford Coppola (who produced it) would like to forget it ever existed as well.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Some quick thoughts:

- It's easy, but the real table is, too. The simulation seems accurate to me. The Sarcophagus is supposed to kick out to the upper flipper for a shot at the Ice Cave every time; it seems that the TPA version has two kickouts, one that can be semi-caught, and the other hitting the tip of the flipper.

- It's fun, but I tired of it rather quickly... maybe I've played too much of the real thing.

- I wish Farsight had tried to make the DMD at least a little larger. It's funny that their ad for the table mentions the large DMD and Franky's rotating head... neither of which are in TPA. :(

zAfPHZ6.jpg

- I hope the website has Franky's leaderboard on Monday. And maybe [MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION] will give the story on his score, and maybe [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] too... I think the real machine maxes at 9.99B, was the max raised when the table was in beta?

9Soo5j0.jpg

- A couple of the wizard goals should be hard...

fWMD1FW.jpg

350M on Creature Feature! Good lord! I think that might be impossible on the real machine... getting C-R-E-A was pretty astounding. Maybe the ramp is more loopable for top players, I haven't figured it out yet.

No problem with Super Jackpot...

3c3neyf.jpg

I got barely over 1B in Creation MB for that one. I almost completed Graveyard...

De5czM6.jpg

I don't quite remember the rules for raising the Creature Jackpot but 150M seems like it could be tough, too.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Some quick thoughts:

- It's easy, but the real table is, too. The simulation seems accurate to me. The Sarcophagus is supposed to kick out to the upper flipper for a shot at the Ice Cave every time; it seems that the TPA version has two kickouts, one that can be semi-caught, and the other hitting the tip of the flipper.

Sarcophagus kickouts are dangerous. Maybe that was on purpose.

- It's fun, but I tired of it rather quickly... maybe I've played too much of the real thing.

I know what you mean. Once you know a certain, umm, trick (which has its own section in the Pro Tips!), the table very quickly condenses down to a single way of playing.

- I wish Farsight had tried to make the DMD at least a little larger. It's funny that their ad for the table mentions the large DMD and Franky's rotating head... neither of which are in TPA. :(

They're fixing the Frankie head, but the DMD... meh :(

- I hope the website has Franky's leaderboard on Monday. And maybe [MENTION=5136]Tarek Oberdieck[/MENTION] will give the story on his score, and maybe [MENTION=2036]switch3flip[/MENTION] too... I think the real machine maxes at 9.99B, was the max raised when the table was in beta?

The "rollovers" are a bug (see the 1.43.7 thread) and will be cleaned up. The max score should be 9,999,999,990. Which means the leaderboards will be very boring very soon. Also, this will really screw with your Top 40 players, since there will be multiple co-#1 scores.

- A couple of the wizard goals should be hard...

350M on Creature Feature! Good lord! I think that might be impossible on the real machine... getting C-R-E-A was pretty astounding. Maybe the ramp is more loopable for top players, I haven't figured it out yet.

The ramp is hard to loop. 4 or 5 is my maximum. Part of the problem is getting the ball to the left flipper quickly enough. Most of the time you'll start Creation scenes from the North Pole VUK, and it takes an age for the ball to come down the habitrail, then you have to shoot Geneva and catch the ball before you get a shot at the ramp. That's a huge chunk of time already gone.

No problem with Super Jackpot...

Once I read the rules, I thought the Super Jackpot would be hard - as in Jurassic Park HARD. Then I got one without breaking a sweat.

I got barely over 1B in Creation MB for that one. I almost completed Graveyard...

1B in Creation is easy if you get a bunch of CREATION letters. 4 is a good platform and do-able (EB, North Pole are gimmes; you can probably scam a couple others by starting a Multiball).

I don't quite remember the rules for raising the Creature Jackpot but 150M seems like it could be tough, too.

Raise Creature Jackpot from the spinner when it's lit (after spotting FRANKENSTEIN and collecting all Jackpots in the second phase of Creature Multiball). You can't cradle a ball on the right flipper because it blocks the spinner. Or does Upper Flipper Control work on this table? Shooting the ramp collects the Jackpot, and I think it resets it back to 100M (and lighting it again requires shooting the Sarcophagus to light the Super Jackpot, collecting the Super Jackpot, spotting FRANKENSTEIN, and collecting four Jackpots). It's a pain in the rear.

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Missed the torso on corpse, also having trouble with 150M creature.. I can get to Creature but I usually miss the bumpers when shooting the right orbit on purpose, which results in a SDTM for me. may have to shoot the left orbit to hit the spinner safely

I got the 350M goal because, after the first creation mb, the timer never ticked down from 30 seconds and I've got it on a recording.. just have to compress it and take a look.

UPDATE
Link to said footage here
Ice cave awards special and spots last letter starting Creature which doesn't count down

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I got the 350M goal because, after the first creation mb, the timer never ticked down from 30 seconds and I've got it on a recording.. just have to compress it and take a look.
I just got that timer lock in the tournament. It started sometime during the mode when I hit something, I think it was the Geneva scoop. This wasn't after a Creation MB.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I don't know how the rom bug exploit works but I maxed out just by starting all modes and then the wizard mode a couple of times. I mainly collected the letters to start mode by shooting the north pole over and over. I didn't actually play the modes (except the easiest ones) but tried to have the 2-ball multiball a ramp shot away so I could end some of the modes and collect points and letter for it by starting the 2 ball multi, or geneva multiball if it was ready to start. I didn't play the actual 2 ball multiball, just let one of the balls drain, because it takes more and more shots to start next multiball if you go for the 6 ball multiball. After a while I did play a couple 6 ball multiballs but they weren't even that good and I maxed out the score limit pretty fast anyway. The wizard modes are more lucrative. And you got that extra ball mode that enables theoretically going infinite.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
EBs are weird. Sometimes you just get 50M. I thought it always awarded 50M the second and subsequent times but I've collected more. Hmm.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
EBs are weird. Sometimes you just get 50M. I thought it always awarded 50M the second and subsequent times but I've collected more. Hmm.

Seems that EBs are limited to about 10 per game. I always got 50M in my last game later. No matter, it doesn't very funny to play longer games without any knowledge about the score. :p

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Aha ok the EB thing was messing with my head :) Well, limited extra balls would have made the game even more fun playing for score :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts