Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball / Williams FX3

4/24/2023 NOTICE: This Master List is very likely to be discontinued, and a new thread is created containing the bug reports on PinFX, due to the possibility of other manufacturers with the video feeds. This list only covers issues within Zen's in-house engine and won't focus on the new Pinball FX in Unreal, since the Williams games were rebuilt there and will likely contain new and different issues. So we're not going to have one behemoth of a thread like with Pinball Arcade on PC, where we tracked game-wide, DX9, and DX11 issues all at once.

Just to keep track of issues that Zen might or might not be aware about. Most of these issues will not necessarily be harmful to gameplay itself (most of the time), but the tables are not necessarily 100% accurately emulated from the ROM onto the table. Feel free to ask questions about any issue that I initially reported on, or if there are any clarifications needed for said issue. Will mainly keep track based on FX3.

List now moved here, due to new space limitations introduced here that makes it impossible to maintain further.

List of FX3 bugs, now fixed in the new Pinball FX:

Last edited:

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Junkyard (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
On the enhanced table version the screws on the roof of the magic bus are not animated with the bus when the bus moves.

Party Zone (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
Screws on bumper caps seem to be duplicated, one set moves down with the pop cap when the bumper solenoid activates but another set of screws stays floating in place.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Junkyard (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
On the enhanced table version the screws on the roof of the magic bus are not animated with the bus when the bus moves.

Party Zone (at least on iOS and purely cosmetic):
Screws on bumper caps seem to be duplicated, one set moves down with the pop cap when the bumper solenoid activates but another set of screws stays floating in place.

Can confirm Party Zone, need to upgrade Junk Yard to Level 3 for confirmation. Will put it in just in case.

Getaway: High Speed II
Supercharger ready light appears warm white rather than yellow.

Can confirm on mobile.

EDIT: Added an issue pertaining to the left ramp and side ramp on Black Rose.

Last edited:

McLovin

Aug 13, 2018
Thanks guys, Party Zone duplicate screws are of particular interest to me. No bug is okay, but this one is what I like to call a fun bug. :cool:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Added issues pertaining to nudge strength on Black Rose and Party Zone, Classic Single Player, both physics settings.

Apologies again for the late additions; I think of these issues but usually forget about them ;)

EDIT: One more, regarding audio on pre-DCS sound games, highlighted in General.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Williams Volume 3 bug list additions: (Some might be taken as notes, like those pertaining to ROM state.)

Theatre of Magic:
Habitrail switch feeding into the right inlane does not toggle if the ball makes it all the way around the left orbit.
Check the jet bumper animations -- one bumper animates another.
Check also the GI lights underneath the plastics -- they should have set stages and not gradual fading. Black Rose on mobile also has this issue.
When the ball gets magnetized in the Spirit Ring from the Right Ramp, it's not visible from the top once held by the magnet.

Safe Cracker:
Views 1 and 2 seem to be very similar.
Board game lighting issue: Leftmost Candy 2000 and Cyber Dog light colors are swapped. Candy 2000 is supposed to be Yellow and the Cyber Dog is supposed to be red.
Is the vari target difficult to push and successfully break through?
EXTREMELY delayed response time to the ROM from the Wheel. Even on hard spins.
VAULT letters don't carry from game to game.
No separate leaderboards for Assault on the Vault?

Champion Pub:

Jump rope inconsistencies on classic?
Just had a ball sent FLYING off by a mechanical fist during a Fight.
Boxer order is always the same?

--------------------------

As far as fixes, I'll check them out when I get back home. I confirmed Black Rose's enhancement fix during the beta but I am not sure if that made it in the new release.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
On Theatre of Magic on Zen Pinball 2 (macOS at least), the textures for the "Drama Masks" (upper right of table), both on the table and in the mirror reflection are not correct if the "Visual Quality" for the table is set to "Standard". What is shown on the table are the mask textures but with a solid yellow blob around them (no transparency). The mirrored reflection shown is just a solid yellow blob with no mask texture at all and no transparency. This seems a bit extreme if this severe reduction of quality on this one part of the table was used to reduce detail to gain performance. I've seen nothing of this sort of drastic-ness on any previous Williams Pinball table for Zen Pinball 2.

If the "Visual Quality" is set to "Enhanced", the textures and transparencies on the table and mirrored reflection are correct.

EDIT:
Having just downloaded/installed the iOS version of Williams Pinball, Theatre of Magic has the exact same issue I mentioned above.

Last edited:

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Utterly trivial typos, but may as well get added to the list - Champion Pub and Theatre of Magic have first letter of month of release as lower case rather than upper case in the bit with the history before starting a game.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Champion Pub - Various grammatical errors

No Fear™ - Both words should be capitalised

'The Champion Pub was released in April, 1998 and were produced 1369 units.'

'...and a speed bag mini playfield where plastic fists are punching the ball'

Unconfirmed issues
Champion Pub - If you shoot a ball up the balcony ramp during a fight it is possible to trigger a punch on the boxer (This has only occurred once so far).

Theatre of Magic - Using Tournament settings it is possible for a fast ball to go missing in the orbit (not Vanish feature). A new ball will spawn eventually.

Last edited:

GET

May 1, 2016
ANYTHING that carries over from game to game, like the Jackpots in Party Zone and Black Rose, and the VAULT letters in Safe Cracker, gets reset everytime. The only thing that sticks are the secondary initial high scores (loop champion, etc).

Another thing that bothers me is that the time machine in Junk Yard always starts on December 14, 2018. It should be the current day.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Champion Pub skillshot upgrade bug?

Is this a bug or my mistake? Anyone able to upgrade the skillshot for Champion Pub on Steam? I've unlocked this by accident. Don't ask me how. :eek: Is there a relieable way to reach level 10?

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012

Is this a bug or my mistake? Anyone able to upgrade the skillshot for Champion Pub on Steam? I've unlocked this by accident. Don't ask me how. :eek: Is there a relieable way to reach level 10?
Not a bug! You need to aim for the 'M' (1 million).

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
Theatre of Magic:
In classic singleplayer/tournament settings: When shooting the orbit around the trunk from left side the ball always exits towards the left flipper. Watching several videos of the table on Youtube this never happens on a real table.
Spacies arcade also commented on this in his first look Strangely in normal single player the ball always exits to the right flipper.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018

Haven't got to level 10 yet, but when equipped its not working in single ball challenge - hit M and it scores 1M when its not equipped, and 1M when it is equipped - haven't played the other types of challenge yet, I've been running Safe Cracker more - interesting, I found out its possible to win more than 1 token in a single game in 5 minute challenge after taking about 2 hours to get the first token!

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding the following:

Theatre:

Gate from right orbit isn't one-way. The ball should be fed into the jets and not down the right orbit itself, if the ball fails to make it up the habitrail.
Grand Finale glowing enhancements (red, green, blue glowing) around the center ramp are still there even while enhancements are disabled.

Safe Cracker:

Ball can bounce off the gates at the top lanes at unusually high speeds. https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyBlazingCatPunchTrees

Last edited:

abouttreefitty

Apr 26, 2014
On Theatre of Magic on iOS, is anyone else having issues with the plunger? It seems to be way too weak. Sometimes it takes a good 5 tries to get the ball onto the playfield.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.