Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm on Android and have had a similar problem as well with manual plungers. You probably need to wait a second for the plunger to extend all the way, but that should not be needed.

Will add this regardless.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Tho whole plunging thing is kinda broken on android. Theres no way of knowing how hard the plunge will be. Some skillshots are pure luck.

elcondor

Mar 3, 2015
Black Rose

Lock kickout on Mobile is too weak to reliably clear out a single ball in all play modes.

Party Zone
Supersonic Comic/Party Guests VUK and Rock-It/Ozone Kicker too weak to reliably clear balls. In multiball, the latter leads to multiple retriggers of the jackpot award, overly high scores and in many cases a crash of the emulated table.

1adam12

Nov 28, 2017
Black Rose

Lock kickout on Mobile is too weak to reliably clear out a single ball in all play modes.

Party Zone
Supersonic Comic/Party Guests VUK and Rock-It/Ozone Kicker too weak to reliably clear balls. In multiball, the latter leads to multiple retriggers of the jackpot award, overly high scores and in many cases a crash of the emulated table.
On iOS there's a problem with the center kicker. Several times the ball has missed everything and just drained down the left side.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Black Rose

Party Zone

On iOS there's a problem with the center kicker. Several times the ball has missed everything and just drained down the left side.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I've not had a problem with those yet. Will keep an eye on those.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Black Rose

Party Zone

I can confirm all the above issues, those tables are borderline unplayable.
We both have the Moto G4, perhaps the physics are linked to the frame rate?

Champion Pub - Android
- Remastered Boxer can barricade the ball on the balcony lane with his fists.
- VUK to jump rope is too weak, ball regularly fails to clear the metal rail.

Black Rose - Android
Cannon is quite weak, on some modes the ball only travels half way up the playfield.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
PS4

Williams Packs 1 & 2 don't remember if you have the table enhancements off when restarting the table. Defaults to On every time.

Williams Pack 3 is the only pack that has this save state and remembers if you have enhancements Off.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I'm on Android and have had a similar problem as well with manual plungers. You probably need to wait a second for the plunger to extend all the way, but that should not be needed.

Will add this regardless.

This is definitely the Android workaround for the ToM plunger - if you pull it back and then wait a second, it has a much better chance of going all the way up (it's almost all the time now). But just pulling it back and releasing is maybe a 20% chance of it making it all the way up the ramp.

I'm wondering if this is related to the animation, where if you wait a few seconds it zooms out so you can see the plunger gauge, but you can plunge before that zoom out.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Plunger glitches - Android

Junk Yard (Multiball) - Drained balls returned to the plunger can temporarily disable the right flipper, they should relaunch automatically.

Theatre - Accidentally nudging the table before you launch the first ball can completely disable the plunger.

Safe Cracker (TNT Multiball) - If you drain the last ball it's returned to the plunger but sometimes you can't launch it.

Last edited:

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
On Theatre of Magic on iOS, is anyone else having issues with the plunger? It seems to be way too weak. Sometimes it takes a good 5 tries to get the ball onto the playfield.

I’m having the exact same issue on iOS. The only way I’ve found to get it to work is to pull down slow, hold it for a few seconds and then let go. It might take 2 tries but before that the game was completely unplayable because I couldn’t get the ball to the play field.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
Safe Cracker (Android)
If you play Assault on the Vault followed by a regular game, the table becomes stuck in Sudden Death mode for all subsequent games. Quitting the app and restarting fixes it.

msilcommand

Mar 22, 2019
In AFM on Android, around 2 or 3 times, I have had the ball stick to the tip of the right flipper. The ball comes down towards the last bit of the right flipper, and if my timing if late in dropping the flipper to pass to the left, and the ball reaches the flipper as it drops, the ball rolls out and sticks to the very tip of the flipper, and wags up and down over the center drain a few times, then sort of unsticks itself as I flip, usually wrapping back around to the top of the flipper then unsticking.

We shall call this bug: "Just the tip."

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
I “Ruled the universe” for the first time on AFM last night (it was thrilling and I almost woke the kids) and I noticed it posts a first time to rule the universe thing on the dmd and the scoring records but it recorded the date as October 26, 2018! Is this because of the Rom and save state always resetting and every game occurs on 10/26? Or is it an unintended bug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
Are the rewards suddenly not working for anyone else. I finally beat 15 star junkyard (after a million tries) and no reward. It said that I had reached 15 stars but the reward was still locked up and I couldn’t click on it. Then today I just beat the five star reward and same thing. It said I had reached five stars but that I couldn’t click on the reward box. I don’t know if there’s been some secret update with the announcement of the new white water table or what.

twopossums

Apr 14, 2019
Ugh. I gotta tell ya I almost threw my phone across the room. Junkyard is one of the tables that I can not get a handle on. The ball seems to just bounce around not scoring any points or draining on me. I'm playing survival mode which is murder but I'm sitting there at the break table at work surrounded by several coworkers playing a quick game or two. I've only got another hour before the challenges reset so I figure I'll give it another go. Boom. Can't believe it I get to 15 stars. Keep it together man. You're in a room of people but I'm so happy. Then I can't click on the reward box. I'm like WTF!?!?!?!? Try to stay call. Maybe it's a glitch. I try one more time. I manage to hit the goal again and still nothing. Ohhh man I almost died. So silly to get so worked up over a game but I couldn't help it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Volume 4 has been released. Issues added:

General:

Somehow, after playing RoadShow, I feel that the fading sound effects are reversed. The sound effects that are supposed to fade (ie the inlanes on Roadshow, flying saucer during the Match sequence on AFM, etc.) are getting louder instead of softer until we can't hear it anymore. Could this be why the ROMs are so quiet?

Hurricane:

Ball can get stuck at the entrance to the dual Ferris Wheels (entering the blue one). Classic Arcade.

RoadShow:

Typo in "Thanx" as "Thannx" for the Ted voice, located below the right flipper.
Family mode is disabled on RoadShow, but the family mode animation is still present.
Ball can get stuck between Ted's open jaw and the piece leading to the scoop.

White Water:

Camera movements during Multiball for the Upper Playfield and Whirlpool, if enhancements are enabled.
Music/sounds: Cymbals/hi-hat portions sound more like "dings" than actual cymbals. http://www.cgmusic.net/archives.html

Issues fixed:

Board game lighting issue: Leftmost Candy 2000 and Cyber Dog light colors are swapped. Candy 2000 is supposed to be Yellow and the Cyber Dog is supposed to be red.

Last edited:

Benny Baroni

Dec 19, 2018
Something I've noticed on white water: shooting into the lost mine for the first time awards the key and starts gold rush multiball in single player and classic single player. Tested in challenges and the first shot only awards the flashlight (as I assume it should).

GET

May 1, 2016
I have a few Switch bugs.

Road Show’s ramps feel really hard to make it up all the way. The left habitrail drops the ball too low, and thus does not drop the ball on the inlane to set up a right ramp Bridge Out shot.

When using the rewind power on Road Show, the camera suddenly gets stuck on the plunger camera and can only be fixed by changing views.

Hurricane switches to the multiball camera if there is a ball locked and the second lock is not lit. The camera switches when the second ball hops to the right side of the juggler.

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
White Water - Reverse Ball Lock (PC/Steam)
During one game the DMD lock sequence reversed, i.e. Ball 3 Locked / Ball 2 Locked / Ball 1 Locked
The multiball feature worked as normal after the third lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.