Master List of Issues -- Williams Pinball

mario02

Apr 1, 2020
It's an issue with ROM state, overall, with their Williams games. New games treat it as if you're resetting the ROM back to how it was when you launched the table. That's how FX3's and Williams Mobile's functionality works, and it's not likely to be changed until FX4 releases later this year.

We'll see what happens.
Thanks for the answer!! Can you pass this to the dev team?

Enviado desde mi SM-J710MN mediante Tapatalk

Cloda

Oct 15, 2018
It's an issue with ROM state, overall, with their Williams games. New games treat it as if you're resetting the ROM back to how it was when you launched the table. That's how FX3's and Williams Mobile's functionality works, and it's not likely to be changed until FX4 releases later this year.

We'll see what happens.

I'll be surprised if they do change it as it will completely change the leaderboards dynamic and open it up for strategic manipulation ;-). You can then, for instance, on Dr Dude play to a Major dude, and then drain your balls to start a new game so that you have a better chance of getting the Gazillion Jackpot (not that it has ever given me much ;-) ).

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Removing the following from the list:

RoadShow:

The left Bridge Out ramp, when diverted to the left inlane, doesn't hit the left inlane switch for another Bridge Out at the right ramp.

Not a bug -- this behavior depends entirely on how the machine is set up. I've recently played one where this behavior happens, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see this replicated digitally.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Adding in:

Monster Bash:

• The insert on the left outlane, containing the names of different people, is off-center from its original placement.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Master list officially updated. Please take note of any changes made below and on the first post of this thread. Thank you!

As of Steam update, December 9, 2021:

FIXED:

Hurricane:

Ball can get stuck at the entrance to the dual Ferris Wheels (entering the blue one). Classic Arcade.

No Good Gofers:

Typo on the Wheel -- "GOFERS Choice", not "GOLFERS Choice".

Party Zone:

5 Minute and Survival Challenges no longer have a score abuse allowing the ball to access the 1 Million Bumpers feature easily from a drain.

RoadShow:

Typo in "Thanx" as "Thannx" for the Ted voice on the playfield artwork, located below the right flipper.
The entry gates at the ramps are behaving much better than before. Will keep an eye out and see if this is still an issue.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedCourteousShingleHoneyBadger

Safe Cracker:

The Wheel is MUCH more satisfying to spin.

Theatre of Magic:

Tuning needed for the post between the right ramp and the right mini-loop, Classic Arcade.

White Water:

Camera movements during Multiball for the Upper Playfield and Whirlpool, if enhancements are enabled. Will keep an eye out.

NEW ISSUES:

Theatre of Magic:

The loud bumper sounds have returned.
The magnets above the inlanes let go of the ball too soon, when saving the ball from an outlane drain. Note the sound effect that toggles when releasing the ball and dropping it down an inlane.

Clarified the switch issue on the right habitrail.
Clarified the bumper solendoid/switch swapping issue.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Added a few more issues:

Creature -- Sound issue regarding getting Popcorn

Fish Tales -- Physics issue regarding post between the right wall and targets

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Patch update for Theatre, 12/13/2021:

Bumper sound issue is resolved.

Right orbit gate is one-way as intended.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Added issue for Space Station, re:

Gate issue on left orbit, guarding U-S-A lanes

ROM emulation issues, flashers not in sync with music during multiball (EDIT: Moved to General, pre-DMD specific issue)

Bumper lights not turned on during multiball -- incorrect GI attached?

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Hi Pinballwiz, on the PC version of White Water, ever since it was released, shooting the ball into the Lost Mine for the first time starts the Gold Rush 2-ball multi ball. You should have to shoot the ball into the Lost Mine three times to collect the flashlight then the map and then the key, which then starts the Gold Rush multi ball. In this case one shot collects all three items at once. I don’t see this issue listed. The iOS version does not have this issue.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Hi Pinballwiz, on the PC version of White Water, ever since it was released, shooting the ball into the Lost Mine for the first time starts the Gold Rush 2-ball multi ball. You should have to shoot the ball into the Lost Mine three times to collect the flashlight then the map and then the key, which then starts the Gold Rush multi ball. In this case one shot collects all three items at once. I don’t see this issue listed. The iOS version does not have this issue.

That might be a ROM setting, but then again, I haven't seen it in the manual or as a setting on TPA's Operator Menu. it only happens on Classic Arcade and Single Player/powerups. Maybe gives easier access to the Camera mode during Hotfoot?

Adding to the list. I was aware of the issue but wasn't quite sure how to tackle it.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
That might be a ROM setting, but then again, I haven't seen it in the manual or as a setting on TPA's Operator Menu. it only happens on Classic Arcade and Single Player/powerups. Maybe gives easier access to the Camera mode during Hotfoot?

Adding to the list. I was aware of the issue but wasn't quite sure how to tackle it.

Thanks Pinballwiz. I was also wondering if it is a ROM setting. I didn’t see it noted in the manual either. I didn’t think about checking TPA’s Operator Menu. Since it isn’t in there and not in the manual, it probably is a bug. I love White Water but don’t play it very often in FX3 because this issue really annoys me. Hopefully it is fixed in the new FX.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I was also wondering if it is a ROM setting. I didn’t see it noted in the manual either. I didn’t think about checking TPA’s Operator Menu. Since it isn’t in there and not in the manual, it probably is a bug. I love White Water but don’t play it very often in FX3 because this issue really annoys me. Hopefully it is fixed in the new FX.
Or it might be a later version of the ROM that we aren't familiar with. Looking at the IPDB listing, that appears to be the case. It's called "Revised Version P-8" and it clearly notes that this revision gives all 3 gold mine awards at once.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2768

It's not the first time I've seen this happen. Robocop (which I own) had a ROM update in 2002 from Stern to fix a few glitches. The earlier versions of the ROM allowed you to turn off the auto hi-score reset (also noted in the manual), while version 3.4 removed that option.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Or it might be a later version of the ROM that we aren't familiar with. Looking at the IPDB listing, that appears to be the case. It's called "Revised Version P-8" and it clearly notes that this revision gives all 3 gold mine awards at once.

It's not the first time I've seen this happen. Robocop (which I own) had a ROM update in 2002 from Stern to fix a few glitches. The earlier versions of the ROM allowed you to turn off the auto hi-score reset (also noted in the manual), while version 3.4 removed that option.

That's a great point, I must have missed that bit of info on the IPDB before going straight to the manual. Color changing to purple, since the ROM can be changed.

EDIT: They're likely using L-5, given it can happen on PinMAME as well.

Last edited:

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014

Thanks for clearing things up shogun.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Added issue for FunHouse:

MAJOR score tracker issue: If you go through the Status Report and reach the Bonus Count (X Rudy Hits), it adds bonus points and no longer accurately tracks your score on the alphanumeric display, as if you drained a ball. EDIT: Happens on ALL game modes, turn on pop-up scores.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Update for the audio issue on Indy:

Audio call issue on the Bonus -- if any multipliers are claimed, but no modes are played, the Raider's March theme plays instead of the call for "Total Bonus"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.