Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

Teamski

Jun 19, 2016
Been there, done that. The resolutions seem to be frozen. Fx2 works fine, but since the beta, PBA has been ganked. I can play it, but the playfield is narrowed.....plus, it will only launch in windowed mode. I have to alt-enter to get it fullscreen with the same resolution results.

-Ski

Last edited:

paganhobbit

May 29, 2013
Is the game saving the state correctly for everyone else?

I can go in and rate some tables and exit the game and when I load it again, non of the ratings I gave are there.

I was doing a challenge as well and quit after two tables and when I started up again, those tables were showing not played.

Thanks.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
I have not found where to do challenges in the new UI, but in the old one, it would not save the score if you quit. But only if you had used all 3 tried after completing the first goal. I'm fairly certain that is how it worked.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
To continue the effort of fixing the dreaded DX11 bug of not going to 1920x1080 directly upon launching. I have 2 screenshots, 1 is right after startup as it goes to 1176x664 resolution, 2nd is after alttabbing twice to get it to run at 1920x1080:

This is how my TPA boots up.
4Qe8Jy4.jpg

This is how it should be.
PNMBA6o.jpg

To add to that, this is a totally fresh install as well, running on GTX670, rest in PC is totally new, new GPU comes once I got the cash for that as well.

Kuripakk

Sep 27, 2014
On DX11/Win 10:

Black Rose:
I got a high score twice and both times after having entered my initials the table restarted automatically and PBA's letter select window remained on screen. Couldn't escape to the menu, couldn't use the flippers or fire button because they were being captured by the selection window. The only thing I could do was use the plunger and lose all three balls, at which point the game returned to the proper menu state.

Scared Stiff:
Trouble starting the game sometimes. While in the "attract mode" nothing would happen when I pressed the start game button. I would press it maybe over a dozen times before the game finally started. Sometimes after this it would start properly, another time it started but the table immediately locked up and I couldn't use any controls or escape back to the menu.

After having been Scared Stiff and losing the final ball in the monster multiball, the table somehow locked up, refused to proceed and the only thing happening was the coffin was randomly opening/closing. Don't remember if I had control of the menu or had to force quit the game.

Randomly losing the music a lot for me, seems like it happens in almost every game at some point.

New UI:
Having a lot of trouble with the menus not properly registering D-pad presses from my Xbox 360 controller. Often it won't register a press, other times it will double-register, making it very annoying to navigate the selection screen and menus. Sometimes it seems to also double-register presses of the A button as it immediately skips the info box that comes up after selecting table.

Last edited:

Wei-Hwa Huang

Jul 3, 2016
Played the table of the month, Earthshaker today.

The machine has the wrong apron. It has the apron from other Williams machines of the era (Bad Cats, Banzai Run, Police Force), but Earthshaker (and Whirlwind) didn't have a rollover lane change effect on the flippers, so there shouldn't be a lane change indicator on the apron. See photographs in IPDB.

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
So, with the new UI, I can't seem to find a keyboard press that gets me out of the game over/final score screen if the mouse has been moved off of it. I seem to have to click on the button with a mouse. I'm trying to get my setup mouseless for cabinet play, so that's troublesome. Is there some painfully obvious solution I'm overlooking, a magic button on an XInput gamepad perhaps, or do I need to script something? Thanks.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
New UI:
Having a lot of trouble with the menus not properly registering D-pad presses from my Xbox 360 controller. Often it won't register a press, other times it will double-register, making it very annoying to navigate the selection screen and menus. Sometimes it seems to also double-register presses of the A button as it immediately skips the info box that comes up after selecting table.

I use a 360 controller myself. It appears that the cursor is tied to the controller AND the mouse. This means if you press the button on the controller, it will press onto wherever the mouse cursor is. And if you have not moved the mouse, the cursor is hidden. I cannot press onto any of the GUI options with the controller until I move the cursor to the button I want to click. It can be moved with the mouse or the analog stick on the controller.

Also I don't know if I mentioned this issue before. For me, Harley Davidson has a problem registering drains. It happens quite often. The attendant does not think the ball is stuck on the drain and it won't give another ball. The ball cycle in the game will not find it. If you tilt, it still will not find it and you cannot play your next ball. I was going to try competing in Pinballjoe's tournament, but after seeing Harley Davidson in the list I decided to not bother.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
New bug on Bride of Pinbot:
Several parts don't move with the rest of the table when nudging. These include the bumpers and parts of the rotating face.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I use a 360 controller myself. It appears that the cursor is tied to the controller AND the mouse. This means if you press the button on the controller, it will press onto wherever the mouse cursor is. And if you have not moved the mouse, the cursor is hidden. I cannot press onto any of the GUI options with the controller until I move the cursor to the button I want to click. It can be moved with the mouse or the analog stick on the controller.

Also I don't know if I mentioned this issue before. For me, Harley Davidson has a problem registering drains. It happens quite often. The attendant does not think the ball is stuck on the drain and it won't give another ball. The ball cycle in the game will not find it. If you tilt, it still will not find it and you cannot play your next ball. I was going to try competing in Pinballjoe's tournament, but after seeing Harley Davidson in the list I decided to not bother.

Known issue, especially on most Stern pinball games.

New bug on Bride of Pinbot:
Several parts don't move with the rest of the table when nudging. These include the bumpers and parts of the rotating face.

Noted.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Anyone having problems with random severe slowdown? Most obvious instance was when playing a game of HS2, paused and went to change the lighting and when I came back it was down to about 40fps flat. Sometimes fiddling with the lighting again would get it back up to 60, but any change again and it would drop.

Also seemed to happen when multiball kicked in. It could be a problem with the GPU driver, but it literally never happened before with the previous UI when on the same driver. GPU is an R9 280X.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Anyone having problems with random severe slowdown? Most obvious instance was when playing a game of HS2, paused and went to change the lighting and when I came back it was down to about 40fps flat. Sometimes fiddling with the lighting again would get it back up to 60, but any change again and it would drop.

Also seemed to happen when multiball kicked in. It could be a problem with the GPU driver, but it literally never happened before with the previous UI when on the same driver. GPU is an R9 280X.

No slowdowns on my end. You getting any goals, by chance? Been getting slowdowns that way too, and that seems to be on Farsight's end.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] any chance you guys could please look into the Monster Bash multiball cam issue? An option to turn off plunger cam completely would be good too and fix the issue. As always, thanks for taking the time to post on here and read our gripes

KendrikTheRed

Jun 15, 2016
I didn't have anything assigned to the stick for my XInputs. It was to be my next test. Was hoping tab behavior would be available, but I appreciate the information, and that works. Thanks!

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I wonder what things they actually thought of while designing the new UI, not speaking to find actually live testing a thing or two...

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] any chance you guys could please look into the Monster Bash multiball cam issue? An option to turn off plunger cam completely would be good too and fix the issue. As always, thanks for taking the time to post on here and read our gripes

We should have a fix coming soon.

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Indy 500:

• If we shoot a ball into the turbo while the lock isn't lit, the turbo will only rotate really slowly to shoot out the ball. It would not be able to launch it off like that with such a low speed. It spins up correctly when it's ejecting at the start off the multiball.
  • If a ball is held at the "pit stop", it will constantly wiggle around.
  • The sound cues are out of sync with the DMD during the match sequence.
All of these were tested in DX11, don't know about DX9.

Other:

Was the fullscreen issue removed from the list? I remember seeing it there. Me and many others still can't play DX11 normally, because the screen is flattened, like when selecting the wrong resolution or aspect ratio, even though it's set to 1920x1080.

I remember someone from Farsight mentioned they could not reproduce it currently, but that was a long time ago. This has been around since DX11 launched. I play many games, and I only have issues like this with TPA. DX9 works fine.

Here are some details, that might help pinpoint the cause of this issue, if someone from FS reads this:
I have tried multiple graphic cards (AMD and Nvidia), and the results were the same. However, I have access to several monitors in my house, and while it does not work correctly with the most of them, I found a BenQ one that the game works correctly with. Don't know how monitors can have an effect on this, but somehow they do in my case. All of the monitors I've tried connect with a DVI cable, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920x1080 resolution. For example, this is one of the monitors where it does not work correctly.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Indy 500:

• If we shoot a ball into the turbo while the lock isn't lit, the turbo will only rotate really slowly to shoot out the ball. It would not be able to launch it off like that with such a low speed. It spins up correctly when it's ejecting at the start off the multiball.
  • If a ball is held at the "pit stop", it will constantly wiggle around.
  • The sound cues are out of sync with the DMD during the match sequence.
All of these were tested in DX11, don't know about DX9.

Other:

Was the fullscreen issue removed from the list? I remember seeing it there. Me and many others still can't play DX11 normally, because the screen is flattened, like when selecting the wrong resolution or aspect ratio, even though it's set to 1920x1080.

I remember someone from Farsight mentioned they could not reproduce it currently, but that was a long time ago. This has been around since DX11 launched. I play many games, and I only have issues like this with TPA. DX9 works fine.

Here are some details, that might help pinpoint the cause of this issue, if someone from FS reads this:
I have tried multiple graphic cards (AMD and Nvidia), and the results were the same. However, I have access to several monitors in my house, and while it does not work correctly with the most of them, I found a BenQ one that the game works correctly with. Don't know how monitors can have an effect on this, but somehow they do in my case. All of the monitors I've tried connect with a DVI cable, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920x1080 resolution. For example, this is one of the monitors where it does not work correctly.

Indy 500:

Really? You want them to break the Turbo just for that issue? It works just fine.

Meant to add that when I noticed the jitter in that area. Updated to include it.

The syncing issues have to do with the ROMs themselves on all emulated games. So it's something Farsight can't do about.

Non-fullscreen: Way bottom of the list. Will bump it back up.

Last edited:

luxeder

Nov 5, 2013
Indy 500:
Really? You want them to break the Turbo just for that issue? It works just fine.

I don't want them to break anything by any means. I think I might have described it poorly. It's just a simple animation issue. As far as I can tell, the turbo has 2 rotating animation, the slow looping one, and the fast ejecting one. And when it ejects the ball because you shot into the turbo without the lock being lit, the game will play the slow looping spin animation while the ball flies out at a fast speed. The turbo's motor also spins up faster on the real life table in this scenario. I can install the freecamera mod and film this if that's necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.