Master List of Issues Within the PC Version

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Anybody having problems with PBA resetting all of your scores?

what do you mean by 'all', I know there's a reset highscores button now and the game likes to confirm where the mouse cursor is and not where the selection you made was.. especially when I'm trying to exit table but it cancels cause the hidden cursor was over the cancel button versus confirming my selection of exit table.

another example myself and others come across is initials entry, switching to mouse to press the arrows manually.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.63.7 Bugs:

Firepower II:

CRASH - Multiball Camera 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRP1yIQPY4

Orbit Complete flasher not bright enough?
Wrong apron used. It's supposed to replicate those used in the early 80s, since the Status Report doesn't exist yet.
Apron does not completely cover the bottom portion of the machine; the back of the coin door can be seen from Table Exploration.

Black Knight ROM:

No DX11 bumper light.
Bonus sounds not in yet.
Backglass single lights (not GI) incorrectly placed. Note the "Game Over" and the "Highest Score".
Missing mechanical sounds from kickers and drop targets.
Pages 26, 34, 38, 55, 60, 81, 82, and 85 Instruction cameras and arrows need redone.
Rare, but a hard 3rd lock shot can sometimes cause the ball to hop across the lock and back out into play, where the ball is supposed to eject from the lock.
Double Scoring insert reads "All Scores 3X" instead of 2X.
IFPA Tips missing.

That's right. Black Knight is now ROM emulated.

Fixes:

Bride of Pin*Bot:

Ball can hit the switch directly above the Bride's face more than one time.
Very floaty game. Tuning should make the game more difficult.
Ramps feel like a vacuum, even when the ball returns from the habitrail, upper playfield, and crossing ramp.
The scoop kickout should be harder and faster upon releasing the ball.
Ball can enter the Pin*Bot mini-playfield even when the Rocket is not flashing for a Pin*Bot value.

Jack*Bot:

Drop targets are really damp and slow down the ball too much.

Paragon:

Instructions: Pages 31 and 32 -- arrows pointing the incorrect directions.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
If you want to buy FirePower 2 and you don't have the season pass, forget it. TPA will not let you buy just the table pack, or the pro pack.
Buying tables is now all or nothing as of this table pack.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If you want to buy FirePower 2 and you don't have the season pass, forget it. TPA will not let you buy just the table pack, or the pro pack.
Buying tables is now all or nothing as of this table pack.

No, I think it's because they haven't yet "officially" released the DLC for individual purchase and won't until later today. Consider this a bonus "early unlock" for people who did buy the season pass.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.63.8 Fixes:

Black Knight:

No DX11 bumper light.

Firepower II:

CRASH - Multiball Camera 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRP1yIQPY4
Orbit Complete flasher not bright enough?
Wrong apron used. It's supposed to replicate those used in the early 80s, since the Status Report doesn't exist yet.

New Issues:

Black Knight:

Going down the outlane with Last Chance prematurely ends the game.
Last Chance lights are also non-existent.

Firepower II:

Missing some bonus instances. Keep in mind, there are some instances where Bonus X can be advanced with 3 of the 4 upper lanes ready on a new ball.

Last edited:

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
Any chance of fixing Circus Voltare's over saturated backglass? Has it even been added to the list? is there any point even reporting bugs? not like they really get fixed.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Any chance of fixing Circus Voltare's over saturated backglass? Has it even been added to the list? is there any point even reporting bugs? not like they really get fixed.

wD568vy.jpg

backglass texture is 4096x4096

It isn't just CV, they've changed methods in applying lighting recently for backglasses. I made a comparison post earlier using Indy500

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
With how long they took with the DX11 lighting last time, re-doing only a portion of lights on even more tables? We could ask for comment but it's not exactly a 'bug'.

FP2s left ramp has a mirror(?) finish that's visually distracting but I don't know if its intentional or not.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
wD568vy.jpg

backglass texture is 4096x4096

It isn't just CV, they've changed methods in applying lighting recently for backglasses. I made a comparison post earlier using Indy500

EDIT: Now that I'm comparing between the backglasses, it looks like this one eventually needs redone, lighting and other things (like transparency) included. Still though, Seasons 1-2 need this as well.

EDIT 2: That green in the cannon area should not be there.

Tell you what. I'll add the lighting and art adjustments under Seasons 1 and 2 (for General), but CV alone is a non-issue. I can see that CV looks overblown, and I agree. However, overall, you're going to see the backglass once or twice over the course of one game. It's not that big of a deal when compared to other issues that aren't right. Black Knight, for instance, is still missing some sounds in DX11, and things like this take priority.

Those three lights at the bottom look weird, though. Seems like the bottom portion has been ignored. I'll bug that.

image-24.jpg

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
... However, overall, you're going to see the backglass once or twice over the course of one game. ...

In regards to backglass updates, I think the main driving force behind them is the Arcooda release which will have it up almost all of the time. As for being blown out.. it's their 'lighting' that does that (even at the default 50%), I haven't been able to replicate their results in photoshop and doubt any blending techniques I know would be a good fit for a video game.

I'm sure, for authenticity, inks/mylar etc might all be different opacities making it difficult to replicate to being with. I just don't know enough on this subject.

There's something missing in the CV backglass capture, the 'lighting layer' doesn't quite match up to the final result in applied uniformity

Last edited:

SCAAMMM

Nov 6, 2013
You can't see the ball when firing the cannon in backglass. For a game that the devs boast authenticity and passion, that is not a 'non issue'.

TBH, every time I play Zarconia, I wish they made pinball arcade.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
When you play a multiplayer game in Cactus Jack's and one player enters their initials the "select" window remains and the second player can no longer do anything when playing his third ball. The flippers don't work at all and the select window is still on the screen.
I guess this will be a problem for other tables too where you don't enter your intials at the end of all balls but at the end of your third ball before other players play their third ball.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
On both Black Knight and Firepower II, the end of ball bonus tallies with no sound. It happens pretty frequently.

There are bonus sounds on both of them, but there are problems:

1) Firepower II has missing counts where they were first thought to be impossible.

2) Black Knight has bonus sounds, but only in DX9.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
As of 1.63.8, getting the 200M jackpot on Al's Garage Band gets you, well, 200M points.

No wizard goal, no achievement, just the points.

So the goal still has yet to be fixed. Never mind that this is the 5th time I've earned it since becoming eligible for wizard goals.

If you're wondering why I'm still playing this one, that's why.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.