Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just realised the irony of an opinion poll to find out which is the most underrated table... the highest rated one wins!

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Just realised the irony of an opinion poll to find out which is the most underrated table... the highest rated one wins!
A rating about ratings. :)

The most underrated one should be at the bottom of other ratings considering that there are always some people who disagree with general opinion.

Tales of the Arabian Nights is a highly rated table. Yet some people don't think that this isn't enough.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I play this table when it appeared in an arcade near me and since I didn't know what to do (besides hit the targets), I didn't score very well. But since the table is on TPA, I play it and now knowing the rules I've gotten into the top 100 on the leaderboards. It is more fun than you would think.

The table I'm referring to is truly the most underrated table....... Goin' Nuts.

Sorry, just realized I nominated GN earlier in this thread. But it's still the most underrated :cool:

Last edited:

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
The issue for HD for me *is* the video mode. It just starts so darn often...

I'd be tempted to say Phantom, not because I think it's amazing, but because I think it's pretty good, and it seems to inspire some real hatred. Simple but challenging gameplay, including a few real pressure shots, and good aesthetics - not the best table in TPA, but definitely worth giving a chance.

(this may be skewed by recency bias as well... same with LCA. I keep hearing how bad it is, but as those above I find it *much* more playable than CBW for example).

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
I play this table when it appeared in an arcade near me and since I didn't know what to do (besides hit the targets), I didn't score very well. But since the table is on TPA, I play it and now knowing the rules I've gotten into the top 100 on the leaderboards. It is more fun than you would think.

The table I'm referring to is truly the most underrated table....... Goin' Nuts.

Sorry, just realized I nominated GN earlier in this thread. But it's still the most underrated :cool:

Goin' Nuts is definitely more enjoyable when you are just going for points and ignoring the standard/wizard goals. Definitely better than the other "just targets" game, El Dorado imo

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
poll fail others get the majority :)

I would say perhaps black rose. It just don´t get mentioned much neither dissed or praised but it´s a fun table.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Goin' Nuts is definitely more enjoyable when you are just going for points and ignoring the standard/wizard goals. Definitely better than the other "just targets" game, El Dorado imo

I just can't get into Goin Nuts. Usually when I'm going for goals I end up really liking most tables as I learn them and get better. I just want GN to be over.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
The issue for HD for me *is* the video mode. It just starts so darn often...

I hate that I'm sticking up for HD, but somebody's got to :)

What you should do is become a master on that video mode. It's worth more (in comparison to any other video mode on TPA) in the long run. It's a way to trick yourself into liking how often it comes up.

TPZ is another honorable mention. I try to keep the song on pinball wizard, cause the main music does kinda get to me after a while. Scoring wise, it's got a lot of interesting shots to go for. And you kinda get used to the cheesiness of the theme after a while. Still have a hard time looking at those colors though. Gives me a 'color hangover'

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
+1 for TPZ, but HD............ that one really isn't underrated, it does suck. One of the two I don't play at all.

s.s.rock

Jan 3, 2015
Attack from Mars, according to me the best table in the world. Perfect workmanship, playability, melody, and the play of light gives the best experience. :) Otherwise I like the tables that have flippers on the other hand, as the Haunted House, Black Hole and now beautifully Ghostbusters me because it goes. :D

Funkbox

Aug 29, 2014
From this list I'll go Class of 1812. It's a table I often find myself playing. Plus I like the chicken overture.

I think that's part of what I find so appealing about this table. It's definitely one of my favorites. It's amazing how different our tastes are as users. I've seen several listed as favorites on here I wouldn't buy because the preview I played did nothing to interest me at all. I'm sure tables I woukd list as favorites woukd draw a collective yawn.

etchie

Sep 4, 2014
I don't think Harley gets much love. That's the table that got me hooked in college (2002). It was in the student lounge.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.