Request My proposed changes to Tournament mode

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I like the PAPA qualifying style that Sean DonCarlos proposes except maybe with a reasonable cap on the overall number of runs that a player can make. Somewhere between 10 and 20 runs would probably be a good limit. That's mainly just to stop anyone from thinking that there was a chance to grind a good score.

On a side note - The idea of taking the ability to pause away from the player is not a good way to go. You can't stop a player from stepping away while a ball sits in the plunger, or even clamping down a button while the ball is cradled, without Farsight having to go to spend time to code rules around it. Their time would be better used getting some customizable difficulty settings to work so they could limit the game times by having the tables play faster/steeper and with wider outlane openings for tournament play.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
There aren't any PS3 tables that are bug free so are you saying that there should be no tournaments on PS3?

Well no I'm saying things like what happened to me shouldn't happen at all. I'm sure there are other players that had tables where the ball get's stuck somewhere where the call the attendant button doesn't work. I'm just saying they should fix those darn gamebreaking bugs especially when you have a great score to post but you can't because the ball gets' stuck or other things.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Well no I'm saying things like what happened to me shouldn't happen at all. I'm sure there are other players that had tables where the ball get's stuck somewhere where the call the attendant button doesn't work. I'm just saying they should fix those darn gamebreaking bugs especially when you have a great score to post but you can't because the ball gets' stuck or other things.

Your choices today on the PS3 are to either replay your glitched game or not play tournaments. If we were to wait until the tables are fixed first we're going to be waiting a long time. Bobby essentially said to not count table specific fixes on the PS3.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Another thing is that it would be nice if new high scores you get during tournament play could go on the main leaderboards, at least if the table is not set up easier than normal--which I don't suppose will ever be the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts