New Bobby King Podcast from Allgames.com

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
So far:

1) Farsight are looking into an agreement with console publishers to see if players can get a discount on next generation buys
2) Next generation games are going to feature individual lights and reflections sorted out properly, he mentions that Firepower looks fantastic in the PS4 demo.
3) They've made some progress on the Addams family over the past few weeks, but there's still some parties they haven't agreed with.

This is a great interview and I'm not even finished yet :O

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
And the teaser says something about Metallica : o

Oh God! Please don't be such a c0ck tease. I'd pay several times the normal price of five bucks for a Pinball Arcade version of Metallica Premium....or AC/DC Premium....or Tron Premium. :) Simply because the real deal are just sooooo much out of the reach of the average pinball enthusiast.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
I wonder if a $10 price point would succeed. Simultaneously released with the real deal might be awesome.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I wonder if a $10 price point would succeed. Simultaneously released with the real deal might be awesome.

I think it might since there are a good deal of folks willing to pay higher premiums for heavy licenses and many that are anti kickstarter have even suggested that. I think given the fact that we are talking about a new table then it is more sellable at the the higher price point.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I'm listening to this podcast now. I just heard Bobby mention that Metallica is a greater possibility than AC/DC and they'd like to do it.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
About 3/4 in, Bobby confirms Eight Ball Deluxe and an official Gottlieb EM poll to be launched soon (I'm assuming on this website)

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
About 3/4 in, Bobby confirms Eight Ball Deluxe and an official Gottlieb EM poll to be launched soon (I'm assuming on this website)

I was just about to post that. I think Eight Ball Deluxe might be coming next month. This is a really great podcast. The interviewer knows what he's talking about. He's also fielding very good questions from the internet to Bobby live during the interview. This is the most informative I've heard Bobby in quite a while.

I'm probably going to listen to it a second time later this weekend to make sure I didn't miss anything.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

PiN WiZ's unofficial Gottlieb poll begins this Sunday. That must be what he's referring to. He said "I think we have a Gottlieb EM vote pretty soon". So even though these polls are "unofficial" it seems that they are being taken seriously by FS.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Here are some other tidbits I jotted down while listening at my desk:

- He confirmed that Goin' Nuts is the only table so far that they haven't had in their office.
- When asked which other big licenses do you want to go for after The Addams Family he didn't miss a beat and said The Simpsons Pinball Party. After that he mentioned South Park.
- He mentioned that there are 40 tables that are currently being converted for PS4. Only 32 have been released so far, 2 are coming next week and we should presume the pack for August is pretty much complete by now. That leaves 4 more tables which are completed.
- They're in the very early stages of talks with Capcom and want to do Big Bang Bar.
- When asked "When are you guys going to hire Steve Ritchie?" the response was "We're good friends with Steve Ritchie". I hope he's involved in the possible original table that was teased a couple of days ago.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm listening to this podcast now. I just heard Bobby mention that Metallica is a greater possibility than AC/DC and they'd like to do it.
Music aside, this is somewhat unfortunate: AC/DC is a far stronger machine in terms of gameplay. Metallica, at least in its present state, is kind of repetitive...shoot the snake 11 times for multiball, shoot the captive ball a number of times for multiball, etc. You are not encouraged to play the entirety of the table the way you are with AC/DC.

The other question is, neither AC/DC's nor Metallica's software are finished yet, especially Metallica's. Would FarSight be issuing updates to the tables as Stern issues updates to the real machines?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The other question is, neither AC/DC's nor Metallica's software are finished yet, especially Metallica's. Would FarSight be issuing updates to the tables as Stern issues updates to the real machines?

ROM updates shouldn't be too much of an issue, at least on mobile...

That said, I highly doubt Metallica will happen any time soon.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I know, but it's something for FarSight to think about, since we know consoles especially do not handle updates well.

Definitely. I'm guessing by the time they would be ready to do it, the ROM would be finished or at least much further along. I wonder if they even have S.A.M. emulation ready. I think it will probably be at least another year before we'd see it, if they do in fact get the license. I could certainly be wrong though.

N

netizen

It also raises a question that has been asked a few times in re: to alternative ROM builds for some of the tables that have already been released.

IF FS shows that ROM swapping is really that easy, would they make it a feature for pro mode table, or later builds.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Music aside, this is somewhat unfortunate: AC/DC is a far stronger machine in terms of gameplay. Metallica, at least in its present state, is kind of repetitive...shoot the snake 11 times for multiball, shoot the captive ball a number of times for multiball, etc. You are not encouraged to play the entirety of the table the way you are with AC/DC.

I finally got some game play in on an AC/DC. I don't know if it's just a case of over hyping it in my head or what, but I think I enjoyed Metallica more. Granted, I haven't even been anywhere near figuring out the 'how to REALLY score' on either machine, but as a whack the ball around experience, my vote goes to Metallica. I also much prefer actual artwork to photo shopping.

Lemme be clear though, it's a real close call for me and both are hands down the best Stern's I've played. I really think Stern sees the benefit of having a table recreated by FS while it's available for sale. It sure is a hell of a demo for the real deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts