New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Wow, bought it yesterday along with TZ PRO and I can't stop playing it. (sorry TZ)
BUT nudging is way too powerful, I can do death saves all the time.
I really hope you guys will release it on the xbox.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Stupid question, but how do you nudge on the iPad? I move with my fingers but nothing happens.. (other than controlling the flippers).

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Still no love from the usually pinball-friendly Touch Arcade, for whatever reason, but at least some in the gaming press are starting to take notice. Published today, there's a pretty glowing review up on 148Apps.

night

May 18, 2012
Still no love from the usually pinball-friendly Touch Arcade, for whatever reason, but at least some in the gaming press are starting to take notice. Published today, there's a pretty glowing review up on 148Apps.

I think it is a good review and they love and recommend the game "Search no further, because this is the droid iOS gamers have been looking for." They have a bit of an issue with the camera, but this can hopefully be fixed in the next update.
Rob-o-Bot is just a very good pinball game, and it's their first(!) so hopefully we have something to look forward to in the near future.

And it wasn't mentioned before but the mechanical sound fx, the voices and techno-music are very well done as well!!

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Now that the multiplier is reset after a ball loss it will be very difficult to beat the previous scores. I have the top spot right now but I think that the leaderboards should be reset or created new one for the new score rules.

We'll see how things play out. It's not possible to reset the leaderboards (thanks Apple!), but we'll create a new one if needed.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
A positive comment from my side: Anders, the chrome-work looks much better now, excellent!

Thanks! We'll try to improve the chrome even more in future builds, like adding real-time reflections to the rails etc as well.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
comments on new uodate

im regularly loosing balls when i hit mission control they just start a mission appear to drop through the table and then mission fails.

whats with the nudging i feel like im hecules with the slightest register of a nudge ....i love more sensitivitiy in nudging but this is insane? also can you explain the mechanics of onky and upwards nudge?

Thanks for the bug report. I get this every now and then too and seems a tad hard to fix, but we're on it. And yes we might need to tweak the nudge a bit :)

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
The new Twilight Zone table just came out for Pinball Arcade, and unsurprisingly, it’s pretty great. What is surprising, though, is that after only one game, I immediately went back to playing Rob-O-Bot.

Rob-O-Bot is a good table, sure, all of us who’ve played it know that. Why would I prefer to play this over Twilight Zone, one of the best reviewed pinball tables ever? Well, pretty simply, it plays better. The ball feels a hell of a lot more natural, and it’s just a whole lot more fun. The fact that it’s hard is just an added bonus. Pinball Arcade, and Zen just like it, by contrast they’re way too easy. And because of this, they’re way less satisfying to play.

So it hasn’t been said before, even in this thread, but NENA deserves a ton of credit for their pinball engine. They may not have the chops to design tables, as evidenced by their earlier efforts, but they sure do know how to make that ball move. So kudos to them. Their engine, paired with the design from Color Monkey, that’s what makes this table special.

I said this same thing, more or less, over at the Touch Arcade forums, in their popular thread for Pinball Arcade. I wasn’t trying to hijack that thread, so much, I was really just trying to spread the word and share this great table with some of the less enlightened. Stop by, if you want.

Thanks! That's sooo cool to hear! And thanks for helping spreading the word on various sites, much much appreciated.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
I think Rob-o-Bot's graphics are gorgeous, but I also wouldn't call TPA's Twilight Zone uninspiring. You do understand that since TPA is rom emulated some graphic luster is a compromised. TZ will look amazing on consoles, but having it on my ipad is just an added bonus for me. With that said, does Color Monkey have any plans to release Rob-oBot on consoles? I'd love to see an Xbox360 (or even PC) version of it someday.

Anders touched on this at Pinside:
Anders can speak to this with some authority, but my guess is that the latter consoles kind of depend on how well this does on iOS and Android. I've got my fingers crossed, though, because I'd love to break out the ole Gameboy.

Wow, bought it yesterday along with TZ PRO and I can't stop playing it. (sorry TZ)
BUT nudging is way too powerful, I can do death saves all the time.
I really hope you guys will release it on the xbox.

Android is slated for release mid December, and then we'll do the big content update (and bug fix updates as needed for both iOS and Android). Most likely after that is Mac, and then we'll see. We haven't released anything on consoles before, so dunno how hard or expensive it will be. And Steam would be interesting to try out as well.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
My two robots are plotting against me!

357qzps.jpg

Haha great stuff, that cracked me up! We think it is awesome! We would like to ask for your permission to post it on our Facebook page. Let me know if that's ok or not.

Last edited:

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012

Yeah, I dunno why as we go waay back since the advent of the App Store. Not sure if or how I have offended them. I know Jared loves pinball games, so I have no clue.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Could you explain it in more detail? Do you mean you didn't get the standard robobot before?

I got the second robobot after completing all the missions, after the update it went back to the original robobot.

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
New hotness on iOS: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

We'll see how things play out. It's not possible to reset the leaderboards (thanks Apple!), but we'll create a new one if needed.

No need to rush a new leaderboard... When you are satisfied with the score rules for the table, and if there isn't any bug or exploit to cheat the scores then a new leaderboard would be good. Having only hundreds of players right now is good for fixing bugs and to do some experiments and improvements before the game reaches thousands players and before more web sites review your game.

night

May 18, 2012
Don't forget the spelling mistake :

spelling mistake in ABOUT, page 3 'designed by color monkey', at the bottom of the page is says "oldskoool". ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.