New hotness on iOS & Android: Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot

Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot is a digital pinball game by Color Monkey.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
If you have rooted your device they can be found in /data/tombstones (you'll need adb or some file manager app to access them)

Otherwise the app log is enough which you can get with some other apps, like "catlog" or "alogcat"

Would be really helpful!

While I do have a file manager app, my device de-rooted itself a while back and I haven't bothered to try rooting it again. I got Alogcat and managed to pull the app log which looked quite interesting. It looks like >95% of the lines in the app log reference audio issues. At this point I'm betting that all my problems with the game are related to the audio issue. I'm not going to post the log here as it's huge. If you PM me your email address I will send you a copy.

Also, I took a short video of the game playing and crashing. I can send that as well if you want? Then you can see how the game looks, and more importantly sounds, on my device.

Oh and Carl Spiby, I actually don't get that prompt when this app crashes. It just dumps me straight back to the launcher.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
While I do have a file manager app, my device de-rooted itself a while back and I haven't bothered to try rooting it again. I got Alogcat and managed to pull the app log which looked quite interesting. It looks like >95% of the lines in the app log reference audio issues. At this point I'm betting that all my problems with the game are related to the audio issue. I'm not going to post the log here as it's huge. If you PM me your email address I will send you a copy.

Also, I took a short video of the game playing and crashing. I can send that as well if you want? Then you can see how the game looks, and more importantly sounds, on my device.

Oh and Carl Spiby, I actually don't get that prompt when this app crashes. It just dumps me straight back to the launcher.

As an aside, try OTA Root Keeper from Google Play next time you put su back on your device. Had restored root reliably for me each time Asus pushed an OTA update.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
As an aside, try OTA Root Keeper from Google Play next time you put su back on your device. Had restored root reliably for me each time Asus pushed an OTA update.

Thanks for the suggestion. The method I used to root the device was also supposed to completely disable automatic updates but apparently it didn't work (for me or anyone else that used it). I'm not sure when I'll try to root the device again as it left all the stuff I really care about intact (Google Play, Amazon Appstore, etc.). I figure eventually I'll try running a custom ROM from an SD card but I'm waiting for them to mature.

Anders, I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it. I hope it helps.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
After completing the first robot I lost most of the sound. The flippers, pops etc still made noise but that's it.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Just saw this mentioned in another thread, and so I bought it for my Evo 3D. Only complaint from me is that the ball drains on the right too much, though I'll accept that could be my problem.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Just saw this mentioned in another thread, and so I bought it for my Evo 3D. Only complaint from me is that the ball drains on the right too much, though I'll accept that could be my problem.

Just keep your kickback lit n either side reguardless of mission status and your game should last longer

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
After completing the first robot I lost most of the sound. The flippers, pops etc still made noise but that's it.

Did your sound problems just start? Or have you had that problem the whole time? Both devices? Sorry if you have posted this problem before, too tired to read through the whole thread right now :)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Did your sound problems just start? Or have you had that problem the whole time? Both devices? Sorry if you have posted this problem before, too tired to read through the whole thread right now :)

This is the only occasion I've lost sound on the new version.

It happened on my N10, I don't know if it happens every time as you know how tricky it is to get that far.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
This is the only occasion I've lost sound on the new version.

It happened on my N10, I don't know if it happens every time as you know how tricky it is to get that far.

The sound system is completely rewritten so there can be new bugs. Let me know if it happens again, and if you have a log, please do send it (anders.martensson at colormonkey se)

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The sound system is completely rewritten so there can be new bugs. Let me know if it happens again, and if you have a log, please do send it (anders.martensson at colormonkey se)

My N10 isn't rooted. I will let you know if I experience it again.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
Nexus 7 user here, bought this based on recommendation. Accidentally got monster pinball first and realized I had gotten this before and what a pile of crap but managed to find robot and boy it is sweet. Really dig the theme and the table plays really well. Not to cluttered yet lots of shots, decent depth although it does seem a little shallow but maybe I need to play it more. Runs glitch free fro me so far. Will try it on my tf700 and report back later. Not bad for 3 bucks.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
just purchased this - much better than I was expecting. Very well done. My comments from playing on a Nexus 7

- ball has so much shine and shadow, looks smaller than it actually is. Feels like playing with a little ball bearing.
- needs a rule sheet
- needs horizontal touch nudging. I can't get on with nudging using the accelerometer.
- mission targets not always obvious

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
Nexus 7 user here, bought this based on recommendation. Accidentally got monster pinball first and realized I had gotten this before and what a pile of crap but managed to find robot and boy it is sweet. Really dig the theme and the table plays really well. Not to cluttered yet lots of shots, decent depth although it does seem a little shallow but maybe I need to play it more. Runs glitch free fro me so far. Will try it on my tf700 and report back later. Not bad for 3 bucks.

Glad to hear you like it! We agree it feels sort of emptyish -- we are working on an update, Feature Pack 1, which will hopefully make the table feel complete. It is still prob about a month away though, but it is already looking pretty good.

Not really a bug, but the 'Ball ready' voice shouldn't be played before the ball is ready.

Thank you, noted.

just purchased this - much better than I was expecting. Very well done. My comments from playing on a Nexus 7

- ball has so much shine and shadow, looks smaller than it actually is. Feels like playing with a little ball bearing.
- needs a rule sheet
- needs horizontal touch nudging. I can't get on with nudging using the accelerometer.
- mission targets not always obvious

Glad to hear you like it. Thanks for your feedback! Everything jotted down :)

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
The latest update on Android has resolved all issues I was having with sound on my Acer A100; now I get mission instructions and music! I love the B-Movie inspired audio track with the "weeee-oooo-weeee" sounds :D

I absolutely love this title as the game design, physics and overall look gel together perfectly. The lighting in particular is amazing for a mobile device, especially when you consider at how smoothly the game is rendering.

I really hope it gets more notice on Android as it's currently showing at 100+ puchases on Google Play which is embarrassing when you look at some of the crap at the top of the charts on there. I just hope that Anders and his team don't give up on the platform altogether.

A couple of requests/recommendations I have:-

Include "Pinball" in the Play Store title, as if you do a generic search for pinball, Rob-O-Bot comes way way down the list! "Rob-O-Bot's Revenge Pinball"?

Modify the game icon; much as I love the design, it doesn't really tell a casual browser searching the store that it is a pinball game so it could easily be overlooked. Perhaps use the existing icon on top of a silver ball (much like Zen Starwars or TPA) or put some flippers underneath?

Local Highscore Table

Include the great looking DMD animation that is used in the Youtube trailer in the game as an attract mode. It looks great, sets the tone and gives the story in a few seconds.

Release it on the Windows 8 store. There is very little worth playing there at the moment, so any quality games are immediately rising to the top + I would love this game on my laptop screen.

I really hope this game eventually gets the attention that it deserves and thanks for the support you have given to us android users thus far.
Apologies for the overly long post :eek:

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Include the great looking DMD animation that is used in the Youtube trailer in the game as an attract mode. It looks great, sets the tone and gives the story in a few seconds.

I asked for this, earlier in this thread:

I really dig the DMD animation in your teaser trailer, setting up the story. I don't know if this would blow up your app's size, as a video, or if you could render it in-engine, but you should include it with the game somehow. It's very cool.

And they responded:

It will be included in the game, we actually forgot! Will add it later for sure.

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
[Feature Pack 1] is still prob about a month away though, but it is already looking pretty good.

One week down, three-ish to go. I'm starting to get excited. Is there anything you can share with us yet, to whet our appetites? It’d be great to see what’s coming, and I’d love to get the hype machine started.

Anders

Color Monkey
Nov 21, 2012
TEASER: More is better
TEASER: Someone will sound differently
TEASER: -*- = +
TEASER: We like slot machines
TEASER: There will be prizes (?)

Members online

Members online