New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've been thinking about it. I think it might be a lot of work and so probably not. But anyway, I was trying to think of all the sources of official Farsight/TPA/SPA information, here's the beginning of a list:

- their Facebook page
- Kickstarters
- their posts to PAF
- interviews on shutyertrap's podcast
- other interviews?
- TPA discussion group on Steam?
- their news/update pages on Steam
- Stern's facebook page
- twitter?
- the game files (of course)
- their twitch broadcasts
- press releases

What else?

I meant regarding the Stern app. Lots of info had been dumped in this thread, so just comb through it to get things started. Then people contribute info as they find it in the new thread, and thread starter could just edit and update original post.

And yes I know even that is a lot of work, but some people have a knack for doing it naturally. I'm not one of those! I am good at inferring what various posts mean in the grand scheme of things.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Know what would be awesome? If the new partner is none other than Axl, and the deal includes a GnR pinball recreation as well! Now that actually would be... how do you say?

giphy.gif

karl

May 10, 2012
I'm hoping to see the pro and premium versions of these modern Sterns. For the most part, I prefer the premium version (such as AC/DC). But there are a couple of them where I actually prefer the pro version. Played both versions of Game of Thrones yesterday. And my buddy and I both preferred the pro model. The premium has a mini playfield in the upper left that was kind of boring and blocked the view of a large portion of the table. The pro seemed faster, better looking, and more fun in comparison. YMMV

Once again, You prove yourself as a man of impeccable taste. I had the pro in my possession for a short while, and I have also played the premium. Although the premium looks a bit better, (the art and lights) this is the Stern machine above any other that I would rank the pro higher than the premium. All the arguments you presented was spot on. The pro is the better choice regarding Game of Thrones in my book, by a long-shot.

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Know what would be awesome? If the new partner is none other than Axl, and the deal includes a GnR pinball recreation as well! Now that actually would be... how do you say?

So far...I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't him...ala...Montreal....James burned and Axl throwing a fit....then Montreal...throwing a bigger fit!

Kinda like the way the KS started....lol

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Bet it was Slash... He is into pinball. And there is that tangential connection now that his bank account and Axl's bank account are besties again ;)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Bet it was Slash... He is into pinball. And there is that tangential connection now that his bank account and Axl's bank account are besties again ;)

Honestly with the number of celebrity pinball enthusiasts, I've always wondered why one of them hasn't put up some money to back the efforts of Farsight and TPA. Seriously if I hit the lotto I would definitely approach them about contributing to certain licenses I'd like to see included.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Okay, I haven't had a chance to play GoT, but...

I'm surprised so many people prefer Pro over Premium with that one. I mean, I read that Stern's designers design the Premiums FIRST, and take stuff out for the Pro version later.

Someone correct me on that, because it sounds to me like the opposite happened--Pro designed first, stuff added for Premium.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Honestly with the number of celebrity pinball enthusiasts, I've always wondered why one of them hasn't put up some money to back the efforts of Farsight and TPA. Seriously if I hit the lotto I would definitely approach them about contributing to certain licenses I'd like to see included.

Probably because they'd rather just spend their money on real pinball machines and other toys, but yeah I agree it would be cool.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The GoT pro does have less. But sometimes less is just better. That upper playfield isn't particularly fun to play. It blocks the view of a large portion of the playfield and interrupts the flow of the game. When they took that mini playfield out, they replaced it with better stuff, that I guess was cheaper to make. The premium does have the better backglass though IMO. If I saw both in an arcade, I'd play the pro.
I feel the same way about Transformers. I prefer the pro on that one as well.
The differences are pretty minor on some Stern Pins. Like Metallica for example. Not any huge differences, both are great. But if I was buying, I'd save some cash and buy the pro.
Then there are others where the premium/LE is the one I'd prefer by a bunch, like AC/DC to name one. Luci version please!
It's just my opinion. I'm sure many don't agree. Just how I feel after playing them.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've never played any modern Stern pinball game from 2012 to now, let alone Metallica Pro with severely outdated code (now gone where I live; the Pro at ReplayFX was absolutely glorious).

Star Trek I wouldn't mind having both the Pro and the Vengeance models. I agree with you on AC/DC being Premium and GoT potentially being Pro, but I'm not too sure on Ghostbusters just yet.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've never played any modern Stern pinball game from 2012 to now, let alone Metallica Pro with severely outdated code (now gone where I lived; the Pro at ReplayFX was absolutely glorious).

Star Trek I wouldn't mind having both the Pro and the Vengeance models. I agree with you on AC/DC being Premium and GoT potentially being Pro, but I'm not too sure on Ghostbusters just yet.
Move here... my local movie theater now has Metallica, Whoa Nellie, Avengers, and they just added Pirates Of the Caribbean - though the latter may be temporary since the Avengers was moved into the lobby in front of the Captain America displays. They had The Walking Dead for a bit as well, and an AC/DC at one point.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Modern Sterns have amazing light shows, and blazing fast ball speeds. The ball does strange things at these velocities: hops in the air, takes strange lateral arches, etc. We need a major physics update to capture the essence and greatness of these tables! Hope Stern inspires Farsight to deliver.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Move here... my local movie theater now has Metallica, Whoa Nellie, Avengers, and they just added Pirates Of the Caribbean - though the latter may be temporary since the Avengers was moved into the lobby in front of the Captain America displays. They had The Walking Dead for a bit as well, and an AC/DC at one point.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

That's one hell of a movie theater. :cool:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Haven't posted much lately...dealing with some personal issues - but I wanted to chime in...

I'm glad that we are going to get AC DC. Especially without another KS to go along with it. Honestly - FS shouldn't be doing a KS for a table on a product that we haven't seen yet. And I still have doubts about FS handling two pinball games at once.

But I'm still geeked :)
Let's see what the future holds...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts