New Stern Pinball Arcade: AC/DC Kickstarter is FULLY FUNDED!!!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Calmly waiting for more news on this.
ani-Barton.gif

invitro

May 4, 2012
Imagine this kickstarter thing never happened. Now think about the current news.

We're getting AC/DC digitized! And without the need of a Kickstarter!

Well... many of us thought this was going to happen anyway (both AC/DC in SPA, and without a Kickstarter), after the first SPA announcement.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Now that I think about it, this kickstarter would have been a great april fool's joke.

Farsight doesn't make any April Fool's jokes anymore after their first one in 2012 about the Xbox 360 being delayed backfired. :D

Ah well..there goes my Vip Tour and dinner with Steve and Gary. ;)

Maybe Steve and Gary funded the KS after hearing they had to have dinner with you. :p

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Maybe they cancelled the KS because Stern decided to cover all the costs for Farsighs themselves.

...yeah right.

Are we all forgetting that THIS GUY NAILED IT with his prediction?!

Seriously, talk about clairvoyant. Great job, Kaibun!

karl

May 10, 2012
Are we all forgetting that THIS GUY NAILED IT with his prediction?!

Seriously, talk about clairvoyant. Great job, Kaibun!

No, he did not. No way in Hell did Stern pay 125 000 for a license deal. PS! He half nailed it at the end with the Yea Right comment, though :)

It could have been Stern(who knows) that fixed it and got a better deal, but I will bet a pinball machine that they did not cover the cost themselves.

Regarding stuff that happened during this kickstarter campaign. Things like this happens all the time during kisckstarter campaigns and this time it benefited us. Just be happy!!!

Last edited:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Wait a second, it just occurred to me...

Does this mean we're getting "Big Gun" put back into Last Action Hero? That's an AC/DC song.

Or is that a separate licensing deal?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful we have the table at all, and it does play great. This has just been bugging me, that's all.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Stern & Farsight formed a new partnership with their conscience and decided maybe the best way of launching their new app was not by bilking the loyal Farsight customers their spent so much time acquiring.

Finally we get proof that "We cant make this table without people paying a ridiculous amount in advance!" is a complete lie.

Oh well, it was a good scam while it lasted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Finally we get proof that "We cant make this table without people paying a ridiculous amount in advance!" is a complete lie.

It's comments like this that are unwarranted and frowned upon on this forum. FarSight entered a new partnership that allowed them to acquire the AC/DC license without a Kickstarter. Without this new partnership, funds from their recently canceled Kickstarter campaign would have still been required. There is absolutely no basis for your comment accusing FarSight of running a scam.

For the rest of our forum members, please be aware that comments like this will force us to tighten the leash on this forum once again and believe me when I say this...it's the absolute last thing the moderators of this forum want to do.

We welcome rational conversation and opinions on this forum so please don't force us back into the early days of moderation by posting these types of comments.

Thank you.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
About the partnership - Please let it be anyone but Microsoft. Just imagine: This app will be exclusive to Windows 10 and Xbox 1. Runawaaaaay

Just kidding :)

That thought crossed my mind as well. I REALLY hope it isn't Microsoft. Seeing their logo every time I play Pinball FX2 already makes me sick. Till the details of this "new partnership" are made public I'll just remain cautiously optimistic.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
That thought crossed my mind as well. I REALLY hope it isn't Microsoft. Seeing their logo every time I play Pinball FX2 already makes me sick. Till the details of this "new partnership" are made public I'll just remain cautiously optimistic.

On the flipside, looking up AC/DC's most recent albums show that their current record label is Columbia, which is owned by Sony. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but just some food for thought.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_or_Bust

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Stern & Farsight formed a new partnership with their conscience and decided maybe the best way of launching their new app was not by bilking the loyal Farsight customers their spent so much time acquiring.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Are you ever happy?

Good grief, man, embrace the awesome.

I don't throw away a donut because it has a hole--I EAT THE DONUT and be happy I had such a great treat!

I'll never understand how people can go through life seeing the negative in just about everything.

EDIT: Somehow I missed PinWiz's post. Sorry, PinWiz.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to kickoff the new partnership speculation by guessing it's Virtuapin or someone like that. It would make a lot of sense.

I don't mind waiting for news, as long as it's good news. Thank you Farsight, and thank you Stern Pinball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.