Newsletter #13 riddle for April release

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Ehh, sorcerer is also SS and so were most table packs:
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #8, #9, #11 :D

Table Pack #10 was also a double SS pack—Genie is a solid-state machine, even if it feels much more like a Gottlieb EM (which makes sense, since it is a Gottlieb design).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I think they mean the themes of the tables are opposite, so no paired theme. 1 is opposite of space so the other is space themed re-release wich leaves 2 options SPACE SHUTTLE will take you into space/darkness and we have seen it at FS but not ruling out Pin*Bot even though it's not at FS they have it on file and would allow them to focus on the new table that Im guessing is WHITE WATER <---earth bound.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Yeah, I don't get why people think that solid state means non-DMD. It just means non-EM. There are only two tables in TPA so far that aren't SS: Big Shot and Central Park.

I have seen differentiation between early solid states, later solid states and DMDs for purposes of tournaments, which could be the source of the confusion. May I ask what the dividing line between early & later solid states is considered to be? I'm guessing that it isn't just the transition to alphanumeric displays, because otherwise, it would be a simple digital/alphanumeric divide and they would just call it that.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
LOL, lots of fun guesses here so far !

I think that's what most of us are aiming for in this thread ...

It's fun to guess what FS may have in store for us in the future.

timelord ...

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I have seen differentiation between early solid states, later solid states and DMDs for purposes of tournaments, which could be the source of the confusion. May I ask what the dividing line between early & later solid states is considered to be? I'm guessing that it isn't just the transition to alphanumeric displays, because otherwise, it would be a simple digital/alphanumeric divide and they would just call it that.

According to Pat Lawlor, the first "modern" pinball machine was High Speed (notably the first System 11 game). It wasn't the first to use alpha displays, but it was the first from Williams to have them. So generally that's a good starting point.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Actually, some of us do. Tables are grouped in 5 main categories for me: electromechanical, early solid-state, alphanumeric solid-state, DMD solid-state, and Wizard of Oz.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Earth shaker and whirlwind.

Opposite of space, that's "earth" shaker. And it's new.

whirlwind "into the darkness" probably refers to the cellar door.

Plus it makes way too much sense to release them together. Lawlor classics two pack, very important and awesome release if true

-Edit- two people guessed this before me. So fact many of us are coming up with same guesses makes me think this is a very strong possibility. Very surprised Champion Phb wasn't released for Paddys day though....

Last edited:

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I made my own thread and picked either Fishtales or White Water as new and Space Shuttle as a re-release. I'm not sure if they have a Fishtales but who knows they might suprise us, like when they said they bought a Cactus Canyon I did not expect that. I also want to apologize to PinWiz for making a thread I didn't know this existed, I'll be carful next time and look better for a guesing thread.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I think fish tales and whitewater will happen but, IMO it doesn't fit the riddle criteria. I guess anything could be the opposite of "space" but earth seems the most logical and Earthshaker has been rumored forever hell, it was one on a "strongly rumored" thread from last year that either Jeff or Pinwiz started. AfM which we just finally got was also on that list. Victory I believe is on it too.

Last edited:

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Actually, some of us do. Tables are grouped in 5 main categories for me: electromechanical, early solid-state, alphanumeric solid-state, DMD solid-state, and Wizard of Oz.

Haha, Wizard of Oz

How about just FMV, or Full Motion Video. It even has the 90s term to it too for extra retro. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts