*NITPICK WARNING!* Zen Pinball - why?

pinsam

Oct 13, 2014
- Process of activating Missions can be tedious at times. On Darth Vader & World War Hulk you have to hit the mission hole 6 times to start mission (boring)!

I hate this. The missions in the SW tables, for instance, are usually really cool, but it takes ages to activate them...so I won't even bother.

Also, the Xbox One version of Zen/Pinball FX2 doesn't seem to have an option to demo the tables - unless I'm mistaken.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I love the deep rule sets in their tables honestly..I've realised I love 90's and 2000's dmd tables in TPA that share this.
What I don't like so much is when there's a very tight time limit to finish 8 shots in a mission(A new Hope is bad for these)..one shot that ends up bouncing around in the bumpers and the times lost so you can't finish the attempt.
some tables don't have a nice flow..but other ones are amazing. The new south park tables are fantastic, I find Droids to be a really good flowing table but hard to finish missions(i'm not that good) BobbaFett I've really grown to like tho its got really fast in lanes. I love the soccer table its so much fun to play a season on Fear itself and Moon Knight I really find to be fun as well.

I think with a pro mode that was tweaked to be more of a simulation ,they'd capture more affection from the purists. their ball physics are really good they're just not tuned to be realistic..but I love their ball spin for example, but there's some serious grippyness to their flippers.

Last edited:

DemoHawkD

Mar 24, 2015
I absolutely fell in love with Pinball FX and that love doubled in size with the release of Pinball FX 2. I had loads and loads of fun with both launch packs and I have faithfully downloaded each DLC upon release. I enjoyed a lot of the more hated tables as well (*cough cough* Extreme). I would feel so good seeing a notification that I had just passed a friend's score or that my superscore was going up. It was the first pinball game in some time that really caught my attention and just FELT really fun to play. The only thing that I didn't much care for was the ability to just save that awesome game you were having and come back later. I understand that there were plenty of 'marathon' tables but I still don't like the idea of saving pinball games.

With that being said, I quickly started to feel like licensing was taking precedence over actual table quality and Zen team creativity. Not saying that the tables aren't fun or that I didn't play the hell out of them but multiple table packs coming out with the same Marvel or Star Wars theme, was just getting old to me.

But....when I FINALLY found a copy of TPA: Williams at Gamestop, I was beyond excited. I LOVED the idea of getting to play ACTUAL real-life tables. 'Walking' around the virtual arcade to spend credits to play my favorite tables was so cool. But there was still one thing missing and that was the FEEL of those Zen tables. I remember playing the Zen tables and being so excited that I could do drop stops and flipper passes and things of the sort. I just didn't feel that with TPA. Which kind of took away from the excitement to play TPA as my 'go to' pinball game.

Now that I have typed entirely too much and probably got completely derailed a few times, I feel like my question is "Farsight, why!?". As in "Why can't we have a nice game that works smoothly and correctly at all times? Why are games released but I can only look at them in the menu for a week but not download them? Why can't we have a leaderboard that actually works consistently and has reasonable load times?"

I'm sure most of you folks have been over these issues plenty of times over the years but as a 'noob' of TPA, I'm trying so hard not to let these things get in the way of my fun. I just feel like this game should be updated every single week just to get to a nice, comfortable, WORKING game.

Sorry for the long jumble of potential nonsense, it's Monday and I'm not quite back to reality yet from the weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.