No New PS3 Tables Today?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Highspeed sounds pretty bad. It sounds like someone stood a couple feet away from a real Highspeed pin and recorded the sound on their cell phone. It sounds much better in VP and on the 5 separate real life tables I've played.

Do they use the actual ROM sounds? Because I've noticed many sound-related issues. Timing is one issue. Some others are harder to explain. Like sounds that cut other sounds when they aren't supposed to, or don't cut when they are supposed to....stuff like that. Just from my basic observation from playing real machines, VP and TPA. Come on now! I see a lot of you guys brag about playing real tables, you MUST have noticed the many sound discrepancies that exist in TPA.

It leads me to believe that TPA DOESN'T use the ROM to play the music. So, if any tables got better sound, that just means they updated the samples? If this is truly the case, why? All the sounds are in the ROM, just use those. What's up with that?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Highspeed sounds pretty bad. It sounds like someone stood a couple feet away from a real Highspeed pin and recorded the sound on their cell phone. It sounds much better in VP and on the 5 separate real life tables I've played.

Do they use the actual ROM sounds? Because I've noticed many sound-related issues. Timing is one issue. Some others are harder to explain. Like sounds that cut other sounds when they aren't supposed to, or don't cut when they are supposed to....stuff like that. Just from my basic observation from playing real machines, VP and TPA. Come on now! I see a lot of you guys brag about playing real tables, you MUST have noticed the many sound discrepancies that exist in TPA.

It leads me to believe that TPA DOESN'T use the ROM to play the music. So, if any tables got better sound, that just means they updated the samples? If this is truly the case, why? All the sounds are in the ROM, just use those. What's up with that?

We do pull the sounds from the ROM, however it is an older table. It was produced in 1986 which was around the same time Pin Bot and Victory were created.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
So, if any tables got better sound, that just means they updated the samples? If this is truly the case, why? All the sounds are in the ROM, just use those. What's up with that?

That's it. It has been said that musics and sounds were compressed due to the lack of space on mobile devices. It's like everything was in 11Khz :p. With the release of the PC version, FS improved the quality of the samples.

I can say I see a huge difference on some tables (not all tables though). And the main menu music still sounds like it is played on a vinyl.^^

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
We do pull the sounds from the ROM, however it is an older table. It was produced in 1986 which was around the same time Pin Bot and Victory were created.

Back in those days, digital sound was 8 bits and usually at a low sample rate, usually 8000Hz or a multiple thereof and unfortunately you cannot really "create" better sounding samples out of thin air.

There's an effort underway here: http://pinsound-community.org/pinballs.php to re-create sounds I believe.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So what about Attack from Mars? That table appears to have much louder and high quality sounds, yet WHO?dunnit (released around the same time) doesn't have that type of quality

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The 4-table pack was only done because Sony were being so slow, to "catch up". We'll only see another 4-pack if Sony start messing around again.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
So what are we looking at, about 6 weeks minimum until the PS3/Vita gets releases of the rest of season 3?

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Just had a look, and the pro packs are available for all four tables, so it was just an error in the blog listing.

Seems like taking advantage of an honest mistake to me. I don't know who is left out of pocket as a result of this.

Those tables are still listed at the cheaper price, do you still think I did wrong?

Have you held off from buying them for now until they are correctly priced?

Just curious...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Those tables are still listed at the cheaper price, do you still think I did wrong?

Have you held off from buying them for now until they are correctly priced?

Just curious...

That seems fine, then, if no-one is interested in changing the price then they're obviously not bothered.

I get Season 3 for free from Farsight, so haven't paid a penny ;) Though I would probably buy the PS3 version out of courtesy.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Just checked.Bram Stoker's Dracula was released theatrically in the US on the 13th of November.Would be Post Halloween but i could live with a release around that date for the BSD pinball table.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I had a question about The Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball for PS3? I just got a used backwards compatible PS3 and was wondering if Tales Of The Arabian Nights or Sorcerer's Lair were free tables to play on PS3 like they are on iOS? I downloaded Zen but didn't see Sorcerer's Lair listed in the pinball table field. Also is there a way to buy the tables for PS3 on my laptop instead of directly doing it on the PS3? I attempted to put my card information on the PS3 to make some purchases but I couldn't get it to work. I tried the PayPal option also but I couldn't get it to work.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I had a question about The Pinball Arcade and Zen Pinball for PS3? I just got a used backwards compatible PS3 and was wondering if Tales Of The Arabian Nights or Sorcerer's Lair were free tables to play on PS3 like they are on iOS? I downloaded Zen but didn't see Sorcerer's Lair listed in the pinball table field. Also is there a way to buy the tables for PS3 on my laptop instead of directly doing it on the PS3? I attempted to put my card information on the PS3 to make some purchases but I couldn't get it to work. I tried the PayPal option also but I couldn't get it to work.

1. I don't think that is a feature on PS3 unfortunately. Both titles added a free table for the PS4 version.

2. I believe you can use the Playstation Store website to make purchases, but have never done it myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts